Status
Not open for further replies.
rtVDMlc.jpg

Pre-Shave: @nsavage pre-shave, cold water
Razor: Razorock Baby Smooth Ti
Blade: Voskhod (2)
Brush: Paladin Lotus
Lather: Stirling Bergamot Lavender
Post-Shave: Alum, Thayers Original Alcohol Free Witch Hazel, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

Another brilliant shave with the Ti Baby Smooth and some fantastic Stirling lather.

I hope you all have a fantastic Friday (y)

I wasn't going to put blade to face but couldn't let one slide by.
Fresh blade honed on a Jnat with full nugura progression and finished on a black Arkansas :)
Smooth and sharp.
Semogue 2000 boar with my latest soap.
A single pass and easy DFS.
It does take a fair amount of time to learn a straight razor
and to hone your blades but it is so worth the learning curve.
Have a great weekend of shaves guys.
Steve​

A banger from 90

Saw him spin in 1992/93 in a 'disused warehouse' in Alexandria and would not have used the quotes back then ei (stones throw from Sydney) and tbh it's not a track I would have suspected in a million years would appear in a sotd on this forum.

That picture of the 12" in the youtube clip is a re-repressing too - the original released on Transmat and has a grey and silver label. I have a fair few hundred such records from back in the day /end vinyl trainspotting.

Saw him spin in 1992/93 in a 'disused warehouse' in Alexandria and would not have used the quotes back then ei (stones throw from Sydney) and tbh it's not a track I would have suspected in a million years would appear in a sotd on this forum.

That picture of the 12" in the youtube clip is a re-repressing too - the original released on Transmat and has a grey and silver label. I have a fair few hundred such records from back in the day /end vinyl trainspotting.

They were great times. I got fed up of trying to find one of Joey at the decks and just picked any link. I was hoping gabba32 was going to liven things up but I’m now thinking gabba is reference to something else in his case.

They were great times. I got fed up of trying to find one of Joey at the decks and just picked any link. I was hoping gabba32 was going to liven things up but I’m now thinking gabba is reference to something else in his case.
Yes indeed gabba, hard trance, psytrance etc I just didn't think this was the right place for it and the fact that I don't shave and dance at the same time ;)

Razor: Vintage Gillette L1 'Slim' Adjustable (7)
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (11)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Rooney Boar/Badger Combination brush
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (APR) SkyeFall shaving soap
Aftershave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) SkyeFall splash
Fragrance: Australian Private Reserve (APR) SkyeFall EDT

Firstly a correction for yesterday's SOTD post. Measured soap load was 4g not 2g. Apologies.:) Didn't want you think I was skimping.

0FQcEJvh.jpg

Pre: Pb Pre Shave Emulsion
Soap: Pre de Provence No.63
Brush: Semogue 1305
Razor: Blacklands Sabre
Blade: GEM (1)
AS: PAA Sangre de Drago
Off to a good start. I think that's possibly the best result I've had off the first pass of a razor, the subsequent passes were mostly clean up. Ended up with multiple weepers as I was seeing what it took for this razor to achieve BBS. Got to DFS+ as I was running out of face.
As I suggested yesterday, the razor has good weight, balance, dexterity, easy to assemble and clean and it's efficient and intuitive to use.
There are two base plates offered with the Sabre. I purchased the more aggressive of the two (0.9mm gap). The plate is distinguished by two dots on the base plate. See photo in acquisition thread. I think this was the correct level of aggression for me as efficiency was satisfying.
I'm assuming with further use I'll maintain the efficiency without the face removal. Would it replace the Blackbird (I've already established I need that :LOL:)? For me, no, they each are a different experience. I'm confident the Sabre will become a favourite amongst my GEM type razors as the performance is at least on par with the vintage GEMs.
No.63 was a compulsory acquisition but I don't think I'll replace it when I get through it. Lathered up OK but on the foamy side, settled on the face OK and shaved OK, but not a 'must have' for me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.