Shave of the Day Thread - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking forward to my Frank Shaving brushes (2 badger and 2 synthetic) to see how they compare.
RDrp.gif

Razor of the week
DCBlades 8/8” Gentleman's Monkey
Blade: 1075 Steel, Hand Forged & Ground to 1/2 hollow
Scales: Brown Bovine horn 2mm thick
Wedge: lead
Pins & Washers: brass

Cold water Shave as always
First Canadian shave soap - bay rum & lime
Custom silver tip
Czech & Speake No.88

GK4ms0x.jpg

Love the blade :) The patina in the image on the blade and tang is beautiful and the contrast of the "perfect" mirrored bevel brings tears to my eyes :)

I wonder if it is moose tallow in the soap? Serious soapmakers question.

Steve

Pre- 6.5k run and hot shower
Bowl- Avalon Pottery Otter bowl
Brush- Razorock Big Bruce
Cream- Tabac tube
Razor- Rockwell 6s (4)
Blade- Polsilver (6)
Post- Speick aftershave splash

Another walnutish sized squirt of the Tabac cream in the bowl and the lather was again very good. Great residual slickness to this stuff but I’m not 100% in favour of the scent. It’s okay but reminds me of an old lady in some way :confused::sick:

I’m fine to use more product than is necessary to get a great result so maybe this will last another 2 weeks.

The Polsilver is still going fine, I think I’ll push this sucker as far as I can. :cool:

Hope you all enjoy your Saturday and beyond!;)

Another walnutish sized squirt of the Tabac cream in the bowl and the lather was again very good. Great residual slickness to this stuff but I’m not 100% in favour of the scent. It’s okay but reminds me of an old lady in some way :confused::sick:
I love the smell of Tabac, say hello to your grandma @tim33z

0c813898b34daf58e91ac7828b7771e0.jpg

Well done mate, I probably covered a similar distance today but at least half of it was walking, and I thought that was something to brag about! :D
Thanks mate, with better weather I’m hoping to get out more often and get back to my 12-15k distances. Slow steps does it when building up and walking for parts like you did is a good way to build distance (y)

Thanks mate, with better weather I’m hoping to get out more often and get back to my 12-15k distances. Slow steps does it when building up and walking for parts like you did is a good way to build distance (y)

Thanks, do you run the entire length - even when you were doing 12km or so? Indeed the shoddy weather really inhibits outdoor running, and here in Melbourne at least it's going back down again on Monday.

Thanks, do you run the entire length - even when you were doing 12km or so? Indeed the shoddy weather really inhibits outdoor running, and here in Melbourne at least it's going back down again on Monday.
Yeah I do typically unless it’s for a few seconds at a traffic light or intersection. After time your body can cope with a lot more punishment than you currently may think!
Melbourne weather in winter sucks. I haven’t looked at the forecast for next week but nothing surprises me. It’s all about which jacket to wear to work in the mornings that won’t be too hot in the afternoon lol

Pre-shave: Proraso White, 5 min hot towel
Brush: Edwin Jagger EJ28 Synthetic
Soap/Cream: Shaver Heaven- Fig & Brown Sugar
Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89 with Ikon Bamboo Handle
Blade: Gillette 7'Oclock Sharp Edge (1)
Post-shave: Alum,Thayers Witch Hazel- Cucumber with Tea Tree Oil, Proraso White

A very nice 2 pass with very little irritation and 5 days growth

Status
Not open for further replies.