Status
Not open for further replies.
b4diqRx.jpg

Pre: Warm water
Razor: Rockwell 6S (R4/R3)
Blade: Astra SP (3)
Brush: Razorock BC Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Phoenix & Beau Imperial Rum

One side of my cheeks has been annoyingly tricky to shave for the last few shaves now - will try a few different variables tomorrow. Enjoy your day everyone.

Date: 05 September 2018

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Platypus P&C LE 2017 24mm Manchurian White
Soap/Cream:- Tabac
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Razor/Blade:- Rockwell 6C 'R6' / Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (spoiler) #3
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic / Lucky Tiger Face Moisturizer
Fragrance:- L'Eau Bleue D'issey Pour Homme

Razor: Timeless , S/S 0.95 Scalloped base plate
Blade: Astra Green
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk2
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: AP Reserve Florian
Mail call today.....
I received Florian soap, splash and Timeless 0.95 base plate. I was nervous using the 0.95 for the first time thinking it was going to be aggressive. Well, the shave was sensational, felt very smooth and the angle was easy to find, two passes and touch up = BBS.
Florian soap was easy to load and has a nice slickness to it. The scent for me was pure nostalgia. It brought back so many wonderful memories spending time with my grandmother in her garden with all the blossoms flowering in spring. :)

machine: SSSeygus extrem oc 2016 + Gillette Platinum
brush: Yaqui sagrada familia
soap: GD After the Fire
splash: CL TSM Fouguere

vzqx0BM.jpg

Looks like the GD finally got a soap consistency after almost a year.... The scent didn't improve much, maybe is a bit less somky?

Pre-shave: Proraso white, Warm water
Brush: Razorock 24mm Silvertip Synthetic
Soap/Cream: B&M Reserve Spice
Razor: Rockwell 6c (R2)
Blade: Astra SP (2)
Post-shave: Alum,Thayers Witch Hazel- Cucumber with Tea Tree Oil, Nivea sensitive balm

A nice mild 2.5 pass shave, got a lot closer of a shave this time. I was a bit impatient with my neck therefore it is a little irritated, I will try the R3 next and see how that goes.

IMAG0245.jpg

Brush: PAA Atomic Rocket
Razor: iKon X3 + OSS handle
Blade: Gillette Nacet (2)
Scuttle/Bowl/Mug: Fine lather bowl
Soap: B&M Lime/Lavender/Cedarwood
Post: Thayers Witch Hazel Aloe & Lemon + B&M Lime/Lavender/Cedarwood splash

Simple, smooth, spring... Happy shaves!

Vf1I020l.jpg

Wow :love::love:
Amazeballs is one word to describe this soap! There are others but you get the idea, right?
I couldn’t stop opening the lid and sniffing the soap all evening it’s that nice!

Used the R2 plate today to relieve some of the burn from the past few shaves. Ended with a very close shave and very comfortable.

Enjoy your Thursday everyone...

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Rooney boar/badger combination
Soap/Cream: Squadron Soap Group Captain's Blend shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette Slim Adjustable (7)
Blade: Vintage NOS Wilkinson Sword 'Frenchie' (5)
Post-shave: Squadron Soap Group Captain's Blend aftershave splash
Fragrance: None

Home again - at least for today. 'Vintage Gillette Slim Adjustable (7)' - hmmm, picture tells otherwise! I noticed after the shot that it was on 9 - that would explain a litle harshness the last couple of shaves. Dialled it back today - much smoother!

oYckyNFl.jpg

Pre: Pb Pre Shave Emulsion
Soap: Squadron The Warden
Brush: 26mm TF HMW
Razor: Timeless Bronze OC (compliments of @Razor Burn (y))
Blade: Wizamet Polsilver (4)
So nice to be home. I'm loving this razor straight up. Intuitive, efficient, heavy and not a lot left to do after 2 passes. Which left me thinking, 'yeah, but what are you like at clean up'. Turns out....just fine. This one goes straight on the shopping list. All that's left to do is play with a few different blades. Thanks Razor Burn for the generous loan.

oYckyNFl.jpg

Pre: Pb Pre Shave Emulsion
Soap: Squadron The Warden
Brush: 26mm TF HMW
Razor: Timeless Bronze OC (compliments of @Razor Burn (y))
Blade: Wizamet Polsilver (4)
So nice to be home. I'm loving this razor straight up. Intuitive, efficient, heavy and not a lot left to do after 2 passes. Which left me thinking, 'yeah, but what are you like at clean up'. Turns out....just fine. This one goes straight on the shopping list. All that's left to do is play with a few different blades. Thanks Razor Burn for the generous loan.
Happy to assist mate (y)

Razor: Timeless , S/S 0.95 Scalloped base plate
Blade: Astra Green
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk1
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Squadron Group Captain's Blend

@Jamie great image and a stunning razor.

I was waiting for a package from England and it arrived today ----

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Vie-Lon...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Very inexpensive brush but awesome lather so I just had to shave. This Vie-Long brush is the equal of any brush I have. A wee whiff of horse but that disappeared very quickly.

I re-honed a cheap Chinese ZY blade and finished on my Arkansas and I have to say it was smooth and ultra sharp.
An excellent single pass and no irritation at all.

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.