Shave of the Day Thread - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
on toast...it works wonderfully...very nourishing and not too greasy ... the toast has never complained :whistle:

Pictures please!

Also, a hearty congratulations on finally dispatching that bloody tub of Anne Bonny, you should get a forum banner for that :LOL:

My offer still stands for both you and @SchoolForAnts :)

I thought you would be banging on about the bloody AP Reserve balms again tbh mate when I saw you had posted here :D

S5jGt0rl.jpg

Brush: Vulfix 403 Mixed
Razor: Mamba on EJ Handle
Blade: English Wilky
Soap: MdC Vetiver
A/S: Masters Lilac Vegetol

I thought you would be banging on about the bloody AP Reserve balms again tbh mate when I saw you had posted here :D
Was saving that for a discrete PM mate, as everyone here knows how enamoured I am with them and for good reason too ;)

Pre: Shower + Original Source - Mango (Menthol spiked)
Razor: Gem 1912 (I think...)
Blade: Personna acronym soup
Brush: Thater 49125/5 bulb
Soup: Black Ship Grooming - Shiver Me Timbers
Music: Triple M Top 100
Interesting tidbit, Malcom Young played the guitar solo in part 1!

IMG_20180126_214918-01.jpg

Late Australia Day Shave. Obvious software choices here that so many of us have hit today but the reason is simple. This is an outstanding combo of performance and scent. Even the menthol is spot on. Just had a brilliant slow shave without being close to a weeper.

Perhaps the kitchen sink of Aussie notes was a little tongue in cheek by Dan but jeez I love this scent. Australians All is my favourite summer soap in my den now and I think @todras and @SchoolForAnts need to rethink its unobtainable status. Surely more than 20ish people should have it. Especially for overseas.

Would buy EdP!!!

What convinced you to try the Gem style? This was my second shave this morning with a GEM Junior. Said I wasn't going to another blade system but @Ferret619 fixed that for me with a PIF :). Am surprised by how easy and efficient these are to drive. I could've packed up after 2 passes and I can't do that with my straights. So I'm interested in how you go with your Ever Ready as there seems still to be a few nice ones around plus the ornate handles are beautiful.
I'd noticed that quite a few wet shavers were using them and giving favourable reviews, and one came up at a good price on B/S/T on the forum. And, like you say, they are easy on the eye. Have just had the one shave so far with the 1912, and really enjoyed it.

Pre: Tasmanian Beer Shampoo Bar
Brush: Tony Forsyth P&C LE 2017 Platypus
Soap: Shaver Heaven Arctic Mango
Razor: ATT Kronos S1
Blade: Gillette Aussie Spoiler (1)
Splash: APR Lixiviant

Another late Aussie Day shave, but a ripper. Can't tell you how much I love the Shaver Heaven Arctic Mango soap. Incredible scent, easy to lather, performs superbly, nice menthol kick, and a great post-shave feel. Can't see it ever dropping out of my top 5 soaps. Very comfortable 3 pass shave with some buffing to take it to BBS. The Aussie spoiler blade is another top performer, and the Tony Forsyth brush is an absolute winner. Finished with the swirling cavalcade of scent notes that makes up Lixiviant - Bravo, @todras!
Indeed we live in the Lucky Country, particularly if you are a wet shaver :D.

Razor: Vintage Gillette British Aristocrat #15
Blade: Vintage Gillette Super Stainless 'Aussie Spoiler' (2)
Brush: Tony Foysyth P&C LE Playtpus brush
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (APR) & Squadron Soap LE Australians All shaving soap
Aftershave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) & Squadron Soap LE Australians All splash

Australia Day long weekend - so the set up will remain the same - as will the photo!

Aussie, Aussie, Aussie!

UNhNYNHl.jpg

Brush: PAA, Rocket
Soap: Squadron, Scramble
Razor: Gillette, Aristocrat #15
Blade: Gillette, Super Stainless
I love the Scramble and the Aristocrat is all class. I didn't need three passes but I did it anyway.​

39916258291_ee7b3dc05d_z.jpg

Soap: Pb Robaiba Blue
Brush: Semogue Boar 1800
Razor: Gillette Rocket
Blade: Nacet (1)
AS: Dr Jons Classic
Nice shave off the Gillette Rocket (thanks @shavenardo ), not too mild but easily mild enough for a daily driver. I was reading that if the knob on the handle is same size as handle then it's a Rocket Parat. Can others advise?
Just so happens the Dr Jon's Classic pairs pretty well with Robaiba Blue.

Australians All is my favourite summer soap in my den now and I think @todras and @SchoolForAnts need to rethink its unobtainable status. Surely more than 20ish people should have it. Especially for overseas.

AA is all about the vibe mate :)

The P&C releases are not at all viable in a purely commercial sense which I know full well when I design the frags, but they are valuable in the sense that they released as an exclusive. Turning around some months later and releasing them to the world at large acts to devalue the product and most importantly the intent...was it really a P&C only release or was this the plan all along ? Don't worry about this, they will release it again anyway like they did last time!

AA was about a chance to work with Andy on something and offer it up to people on P&C firstly as it's a place we both enjoy and secondly it incentivizes people to join this community when they hear about the product. Increasing membership increases social capital in the sense of the contributions (posts/information) members make and this benefits all of us in a collective sense as a community, I also hope it attracts new members who are ditching their cartridges and goo.

With all due respect too I can't listen to requests for products or releases, while AP Reserve is tiny in the scheme of things turning releases on and off means a change of state from my running and production schedule and the logistics of AP Reserve as a whole - everything from printing, consumables, design, materials on hand, production and shipping. If I jump in with an event or unexpected release it impacts the overall ecosystem of the venture and it means I have to tinker with the production equation which I am always reluctant to do. It all works with my career and family comittments as my releases are planned 6-12 months in advance, including the P&C drops and collabs.

Brush: Proraso
Razor: Timeless Bronze SB
Blade: Wilkinson (German) :nurse:
Pre: PAA CaD
Soap: PAA CaD

An irritating shave attributed to the lack of slick lather (soap was very water hungry) and what IMHO is a crappy blade :mad: The shave left me with a few weepers and a red neck but overall smooth so I can live with that. Happy to see Timless releasing an OC version to match the SB so looking forward to experimenting with different blades to find the right combination (y) Happy shaves gents :)

Status
Not open for further replies.