Shave of the Day Thread - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
From yesterday.... forgot to update! This will be me Feb setup, with a new P30 that should last all month hopefully :)

S3vVG51l.jpg

Paid a visit to my Barber today for the usual. He is aware of my wet shaving affliction/addiction, and has helped from time to time with items such as a Barbicide jar etc. Anyway, as I was departing, he offered to give me some extra fluid to top up the jar. Sounds good, said I. He did not have a container handy, so improvised. As I was driving home, I could just hear the potential conversation in my head - "What seems to be the problem, Officer? A Molotov cocktail? Never heard of it, and you'd best get yourself off to Specsavers - it's a Corona!"

Razor: Vintage Gillette British Aristocrat #15
Blade: Vintage Gillette Super Stainless 'Aussie Spoiler' (3)
Brush: Tony Foysyth P&C LE Playtpus brush
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (APR) & Squadron Soap LE Australians All shaving soap
Aftershave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) & Squadron Soap LE Australians All splash

Final day of the Australia Day long weekend - a shave so nice I did it thrice. Have a good one guys

Paid a visit to my Barber today for the usual. He is aware of my wet shaving affliction/addiction, and has helped from time to time with items such as a Barbicide jar etc. Anyway, as I was departing, he offered to give me some extra fluid to top up the jar. Sounds good, said I. He did not have a container handy, so improvised. As I was driving home, I could just hear the potential conversation in my head - "What seems to be the problem, Officer? A Molotov cocktail? Never heard of it, and you'd best get yourself off to Specsavers - it's a Corona!"

... but it is an OPEN bottle of Corona - have you been drinking whilst driving ?

CDxUyH9l.jpg

Pre: PAA, Cube
Brush: PAA, Rocket
Soap: Squadron, Red Lead
Razor: PAA, Starling (beta plate)
Blade: Gem SS
I'm really trying to like this razor but it's just not happening. On the plus side I love the brush and the cube makes everything super slick. The Red Lead is, of course, excellent.
I see Squadron soaps are going to be selling in the UK. Great news, they are in for a treat​

... but it is an OPEN bottle of Corona - have you been drinking whilst driving ?
Said Corona was consumed during the haircut. Thus, I did drink before driving, but a single Corona was never going to get me into any strife.
However, drinking from the bottle post-replacement would have likely been fatal.

I'm just jealous your Barber serves beer.

Date: 28 January 2018

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Stirling Finest Badger 26/54mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Stirling ~ Bay Rum
Razor:- Rockwell 6C (R5)
Blade:- Gillette Nacet #1
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic
Fragrance:- YSL L’Homme

WOW!! The Rockwell R5 base plate is the smoothest shave without any razor burn and irritation using the Gillette Nacet, if you guys own a Rockwell razor start using the base plate #R5 along with Gillette Nacet throughout your whole shave is absolutely amazing.

giphy.gif

39934560601_0e0ff741ee_c.jpg

Soap: Pb Ub63
Brush: Shavemac
Razor: Heljestrand
Well I can breathe a sigh of relief.. the Ub63 won't make me pack all my other soaps away. Don't get me wrong, it is very nice, easy to lather into the creamy yoplait (see yesterday's test lather) and feels luxurious on the face, plenty of glide (so much so I zipped XTG on my lip and just caught myself, micro nick). Maybe lacking in residual slickness.
Scent was reminiscent of Robaiba due to the herbaceousness of the Cardamon but nice and spicey with the Benzoin and Oakmoss in the background.
I probably should test this soap a number of times more before finalising summary.....could take multiple testings......I know, someone's got to do it.:)

Gem 1912
Gem ss
Haslinger random yellow
Witch hazel.
Nice productive day, did the thermostat in my wife’s car and installed a New head unit, played some guitar and pulled apart, cleaned and lubed the following knives;
Spyderco cat
2x spyderco Delica
Spyderco ambitious
Spyderco dragonfly
Vintage Barlow
Opinel 7 Carbone
Opinel 8 inox

Yep, good times

39943289811_07989ac38e_z.jpg

Razor: Rockwell 6C #3
Blade: Personna Blue
Brush: El Druida Manchurian badger
Soap: Declaration Trismegistus
Fragrance: Terre D'Hermes EDT

Really great birthday shave using the new brush...the face feel on this thing is fantastic (y) I'll be looking at El Druida again for my next brush order...so many customisable designs to choose from :D

39943289811_07989ac38e_z.jpg

Razor: Rockwell 6C #3
Blade: Personna Blue
Brush: El Druida Manchurian badger
Soap: Declaration Trismegistus
Fragrance: Terre D'Hermes EDT

Really great birthday shave using the new brush...the face feel on this thing is fantastic (y) I'll be looking at El Druida again for my next brush order...so many customisable designs to choose from :D

Happy birthday mate!

Status
Not open for further replies.