Shave of the Day Thread - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brush: Semogue 1305
Soap: Proraso red
Razor: Parker 34R
Blade: Gillette (blue pack)

No pic,don't often post in here but this was the first bloodless shave with a straight.(Albeit a shavette style) Two passes nice and easy.Pretty chuffed with myself,and looking forward to getting my Bengall.

One blade/One Razor/One soap in February - Shave #13
Brush: RR 400
Razor: Rockwell 6S (R4)
Blade: Derby
Scuttle/Bowl/Mug: PAA Travel Scuttle
Pre: Shower + Barber Shoppe Face Wash
Soap: RR xXx

Back from Sydney and what better way to celebrate than by shaving. Still having major difficulties with the Derby blade which is struggling to conquer my stobborn beard growth. No matter the direction, pressure or amount of lather I'm using, the blade just won't cut my chin or moustache hair evenly. I'll see how it goes for a couple more shaves before give up on the Derby... Happy shaves gents!

t529wMKl.jpg

Brush: Maggards 24mm Synthetic
Razor: Rockwell 6S Face (R3) Head (R5)
Blade: Astra SP
Pre: Shower + Headblade Head Shed + Peppermint Glycerin Soap
Soap: Reef Point Earl Grey & Ginger

Great first shave on my new 6S. You guys weren't joking when you said it was smooth. I could barely feel a blade in it. Great face shave and probably top 5 head shave to date. I'm loving the Reef Point Earl Grey & Ginger, beautiful calming scent.

gQrfBCj.jpg

Pre-Shave: SebaMed, cold water
Razor: Razorock Baby Smooth Ti
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Brush: Nathan Clark Envy White
Lather: Stirling Bergamot Lavender
Post-Shave: Alum, Stirling Bay Laurel Witch Hazel, Australian Emu Oil​

It is great to find such nice gear in the back of the shave cabinet. The Ti Baby Smooth is indeed a smooth razor, and although I got a small nick in my mental crease, the shave was still very enjoyable and smooth.

I almost forgot, how much I like this brush - it has a strong backbone , yet soft tips and the Stirling lather it produced was just great.

I hope you all have a terrific Tuesday (y)

Razor: Vintage Gillette 'Fatboy' (5)
Blade: Vintage Gillette Super Stainless blade (3)
Brush: Shavemac DO1 Americana shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Lightning Ridge Shave Soap
Aftershave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Lightning Ridge Aftershave
Fragrance: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Lightning Ridge EDP

A quick Google of 'lightning ridge' produces some very interesting images (i hope my skin doesn't end up like this) but this one seemed most appropriate for this product (sorry for image quality)

content_1359171320.jpg

It sums up the product really!

3A33991A-ED6D-4FF0-8B95-8ECEBB10AF15_zpsnax2ci2b.jpg

Soap: Dr Jon's Arctic Hydra
Brush: Zenith Boar (died a violent death last night when cracked handle allowed knot to be shaken out)
Razor: J A Henckels 472
Had enough of the thumbnail photos and ditched flickr til I work out how to control photo resolution. Back to photobucket for the time being.
Dr Jon's Arctic Hydra is a pleasant performer with mild menthol. Don't know that I'd rush out and buy it again but happy to use it while I've got it. I'm possibly underrating it so don't let me discourage a purchase. It's a softer soap that lathers very easily and doesn't easily over foam.

Soap: CAPTAINS choice bay rum
Razor: Rockwell 6s (4)
Blade: wizmet polsilver stainless(5)
Brush: maggards synth
Fragrance: Apr fresca edp
5th and last shave with that blade. It was good while it lasted and im considering buying more but I'm not going to decide that till ive tried the rest of the blades I got from try a blade. I might give the sputnik blades next.

.....Had enough of the thumbnail photos and ditched flickr til I work out how to control photo resolution. Back to photobucket for the time being.
Dr Jon's Arctic Hydra is a pleasant performer with mild menthol. Don't know that I'd rush out and buy it again but happy to use it while I've got it. I'm possibly underrating it so don't let me discourage a purchase. It's a softer soap that lathers very easily and doesn't easily over foam.
I use Imgur.Easy,loads quick and free.
Also.....R.I.P. Zenith.

Status
Not open for further replies.