Shave of the Day Thread - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Razor: Rockwell 6s(4)
Blade:sputnik(1)
Brush:maggards synth
Soap: declaration band wagon
First try of the sputnik blade and im not impressed at all.its fairly rough and how is it possible for a blade to be sharp and tuggy at the same time? I'll give it another go tomorrow and see if it improves at all.

Blade:sputnik(1)
First try of the sputnik blade and im not impressed at all.its fairly rough and how is it possible for a blade to be sharp and tuggy at the same time? I'll give it another go tomorrow and see if it improves at all.

Could be the Teflon coating on the blade causing the tugging. With prolonged use the coating wears away and the tugging would be less (YMMV).
Though to hasten it a light strop can help it along. Telfon is sprayed on after sharpening to protect the blade from corrosion and actually provide less friction against your face or the later is possibly a marketing gimmick.
Maybe even a dud blade.

One blade/One Razor/One soap in February - Shave #15
Brush: RR 400
Razor: Rockwell 6S (R4)
Blade: Derby
Scuttle/Bowl/Mug: Fine Lathering Bowl
Pre: warm water
Soap: RR xXx
Post: Shower / Barber Shoppe Face Wash / Witch Hazel + Joop Go aftershave balm

Shave 15 of 24 - a quick 3 pass shave with little changes. Really surprised the Derby has held on this long as I was anticipating a bloodbath but its smooth but at the smae time very inefficient (should've used the R5 plate to compensate) :( Happy shaves and good night :sleep: blade_of_glory

yeah that's the only reason i'm giving it 1 more go .ive got some other blades to try from the same order so i would rather just move on to something else
Most Russian Teflon blades for some reason grab me too. Not sure why or how, maybe they over spray the Teflon, my technique (wouldn't be surprised) or bad batches. Would use then once or twice and then bin then with anger.
Lately loving Nacet, Dorco stp301s and Bics all very smooth and sharp blades, oh and heads up not costly at all :love:

That looks like a lovely shave! (y) Had my eye on the Otra for a while. Never got around to using a MMOC either and will have to wait until next year. Jealousy is a curse :p

GZVko3yl.jpg

Brush: M7
Razor: Slim Twist
Blade: Vintage UK Personna (12)
Soap: MdC
A/S: Masters Lilac Vegetal

Pre: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Castle Forbes pre-shave gel
Brush: Savile Row 3824 Silvertip Badger
Soap: OSP Eucalyptus and Menthol
Razor: UFO Tornado / ATT S1
Blade: Vintage Gillette Platinum Plus (3)
EdT: Guerlain Vetiver

A belting three pass shave. Nice menthol kick from the OSP soap, and the vintage Gillette blade continues to be very smooth and very sharp.
A few buffs, and BBS. A hot night here in Perth - the Guerlain Vetiver's sharp bitter-sweet tang was just right.

Before I started DE shaving, I could shave, at most, twice a week. I would usually only risk it once a week and sometimes I'd just go the 'lazy beard'.
Now I regularly shave every other day. I can even get away with two consecutive shave days when circumstances dictate. ie: Job interviews.
But then I need to take it easy for a few days. The perils of terrible skin.

DE shaving has taken something I dreaded and turned it into something I enjoy and helps improve my skin. (And the community helps heaps too!)
So good!
Well said @lerenau (y).

Blade:sputnik(2)
The sputnik blade was a lot better this morning with a lot less tugging but still only rates as an ok blade for my face like a slightly sharper astra blade.i will be moving onto a 7 o'clock green super stainless for my next de shave.

dhmv5jr.jpg

Pre-Shave: SebaMed, cold water
Razor: BBS-1
Blade: Ladas (1)
Brush: Doug Korn Epsilon 2-band
Lather: Stirling Bay Rum
Post-Shave: Alum, Stirling Bay Laurel Witch Hazel, Australian Emu Oil​

I actually wanted to shave with the Guerrilla today, but somehow the BBS-1 was in my hands...lucky me I guess as the resulting shave was just wonderful.

Another brush I use much too rarely - a dense and cloud soft knot paired with a handle that is just a work of art and the Stirling lather was just perfect.

Brush: M7
Razor: Slim Twist
Blade: Vintage UK Personna (13)
Soap: MdC Vetiver
A/S: Vintage Old Spice

No picture today as my 3 y/o twins decided to join me for today's shave. Not an easy experience but still had a fantastic shave and watching my boys play with the remaining lather is always fun.

tISjOxbl.jpg

Eufros Premium Agarwood
Antica Barbieria Colla Boar
Pelican 6P Strop
King Pelican 32
Xerjoff Oud Ceylon

Big guns Friday

UKGeorge (My 6yr old)
mqkgVQAl.jpg

The Amazing Spider-Man Shower Gel
The Amazing Spider-Man EdT

The boy insisted I tell you all what he’s rocking for school today so there you go.

Bee Gees

tISjOxbl.jpg

Eufros Premium Agarwood
Pelican 6P Strop
King Pelican 32
Xerjoff Oud Ceylon

Big guns Friday

UKGeorge (My 6yr old)
mqkgVQAl.jpg

The boy insisted I tell you all what he’s rocking for school today so there you go.

Bee Gees
Great work UKGeorge!! Loving the Spider Man EDT :ROFLMAO:

tISjOxbl.jpg

Eufros Premium Agarwood
Pelican 6P Strop
King Pelican 32
Xerjoff Oud Ceylon

Big guns Friday

UKGeorge (My 6yr old)
mqkgVQAl.jpg

Bee Gees
Yeah sure sir, you just wanted to rock the Spiderman today to be cooler than all the others at the skate park (office) today. ;)

One blade/One Razor/One soap in February - Shave #16
Brush: RR 400
Razor: Rockwell 6S (R4)
Blade: Derby
Scuttle/Bowl/Mug: Fine Lathering Bowl
Pre: PAA Cube
Soap: RR xXx
Post: Shower / Barber Shoppe Face Wash / Witch Hazel + Barber Shoppe balm

Counting down the shaves... A 2 pass SAS for number 16 of 28. A bit of beard growth left on my neck but I wasn't tempted to attempt a 3rd pass as my skin has only just managed to recover from the earlier dramas. Wishing you all a pleasant weekend and many happy shaves! blade_of_glory
postcard-simpsons-are-we-there-yet-.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.