Pelican 6P Strop
King Pelican 32
Xerjoff Oud Ceylon

Big guns Friday

UKGeorge (My 6yr old)
mqkgVQAl.jpg

The Amazing Spider-Man Shower Gel
The Amazing Spider-Man EdT

The boy insisted I tell you all what he’s rocking for school today so there you go.

Bee Gees
....does whatever a spider can!"

Late evening shave, hoping to get some peace along the weekend.

Pre: nothing
razor: merggard 42c with a derby blade (#6)
soap: Grooming dept. Neroli de Bois
splash: APR Lighting ridge

What could have been a great shave was destroyed by Derby. Biggest cut in the last...5-10 years? Not real bledding, I notice it on the lather while rinsing the razor... 3 mm maybe, and barely blood out of it, but damn it!. I bet that will be my last shave with Derby, and i am concerned right now about @Ferret619 skin if he continue with the one month challenge!!!

cheers
Fer

Late evening shave, hoping to get some peace along the weekend.

Pre: nothing
razor: merggard 42c with a derby blade (#6)
soap: Grooming dept. Neroli de Bois
splash: APR Lighting ridge

What could have been a great shave was destroyed by Derby. Biggest cut in the last...5-10 years? Not real bledding, I notice it on the lather while rinsing the razor... 3 mm maybe, and barely blood out of it, but damn it!. I bet that will be my last shave with Derby, and i am concerned right now about @Ferret619 skin if he continue with the one month challenge!!!

cheers
Fer
I’m still rocking it bud, I’m 17 shaves in :) I just don’t report it on shave of the day as it’s boring AF im sure as I type the same thing every time

Razor: Vintage Gillette 'Fatboy' (5)
Blade: Vintage Gillette Super Stainless blade (5)
Brush: Shavemac DO1 Americana shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Lightning Ridge Shave Soap
Aftershave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Lightning Ridge Aftershave
Fragrance: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Lightning Ridge EDP

Came back to what I left - ahhhhh

H9a7A10l.jpg

Pre: PAA, Cube
Brush: Semogue 620
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat
Razor: Ever Ready, Streamline
Blade: Gem SS (9)

Continuing the February challenge; I think this blade has at least another 12 shaves in it, the soap will still be considered a good one in another 130 years and this razor could last another 70 years of great shaves.
I however am itching for a change but I will stick with it.

Date: 17 February 2018

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Maseto 2 Band Finest Badger Horn 30/54mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Wickham 1912 ~ Shamrock Tweed (sample)
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Razor:- Muhle Rocca R96
Blade:- Gillette Nacet #1
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic
Fragrance:- YSL L’Homme

Holy Rocca. This beast is right in between the Muhle R89 (EJ DE89) and the R41, just above or more on the Merkur 34C aggressive rate and is much safer to shave the Rocca by riding the cap with some blade feel. The Rocca is very smooth IMHO using a smooth blade as possible and I've chosen the Gillette Nacet blade, I'm overwhelmed the Rocca has some extra weight because the whole head and the handle is fully stainless steel with some kind of black rubber grippy feel attached to the handle. Beside is way too early for me to give you my full judgement on the Muhle Rocca, all I can say at the moment the Muhle Rocca is very smooth IMHO as YMMV depending on your shaving techniques and your stubble because you can nick yourself very easy. This razor is a keeper in my den, I'm so glad I got myself a Muhle Rocca.

IMG_0151.jpg

Last edited:
Holy Rocca. This beast is right in between the Muhle R89 (EJ DE89) and the R41, just above or more on the Merkur 34C aggressive rate and is much safer to shave the Rocca by riding the cap with some blade feel. The Rocca is very smooth IMHO using a smooth blade as possible and I've chosen the Gillette Nacet blade, I'm overwhelmed the Rocca has some extra weight because the whole head and the handle is fully stainless steel with some kind of black rubber grippy feel attached to the handle. Beside is way too early for me to give you my full judgement on the Muhle Rocca, all I can say at the moment the Muhle Rocca is very smooth IMHO as YMMV depending on your shaving techniques and your stubble because you can nick yourself very easy. This razor is a keeper in my den, I'm so glad I got myself a Muhle Rocca.

IMG_0151.jpg

Geez that's a nice looking razor.Newbie question.... Is that a Muhle Rocca?

z883MZb.jpg

Pre: Coconut Oil
Soap: Pb Grapefruit (Menthol)
Brush: 26mm TF MMW
Razor: Ever-Ready 1912
Blade: GEM (1)
AS: General Ledger
When I first saw pictures of the 1912 pattern razors on the forum I'm like 'no way, I'm never going to shave with those' and here I am thinking what a great razor these are. Have ordered blades from Connaught and will look forward to using these razors in my rotation. Easy to use, intuitive to use (easy to find correct angles), efficient and provides nice feedback.
Easy BBS helped by the Grapefruit with just superb application by the @Tony Forsyth brush. Nice start to the day.

Last edited:
z883MZb.jpg

Pre: Coconut Oil
Soap: Pb Grapefruit (Menthol)
Brush: 26mm TF MMW
Razor: Ever-Ready 1912
Blade: GEM (1)
AS: General Ledger
When I first saw pictures of the 1912 pattern razors on the forum I'm like 'no way, I'm never going to shave with those' and here I am thinking what a great razor these are. Have ordered blades from Connaught and will look forward to using these razors in my rotation. Easy to use, intuitive to use (easy to find correct angles), efficient and provides nice feedback.
Easy BBS helped by the Grapefruit with just superb application by the @Tony Forsyth brush. Nice start to the day.

That looks like a nice clean 1912. I think you are right, easy, intuitive, efficient and great feedback. They are underrated by many. I think a decent MMOC, I see you just got one, is probably, dollar for dollar, the best razor out there, if you don't pay too much for postage. I think you will enjoy trying ii out.

That looks like a nice clean 1912. I think you are right, easy, intuitive, efficient and great feedback. They are underrated by many. I think a decent MMOC, I see you just got one, is probably, dollar for dollar, the best razor out there, if you don't pay too much for postage. I think you will enjoy trying ii out.
Yeah, looking forward to trying the OC Micromatic. I found an ebay seller in the US that had both in really nice condition so that saved on freight. They were reasonably priced, not the cheapest but happy to pay a bit more for nice condition they're in but still very economical compared to some new razor prices. I think these will probably cure the itch to try the PAA Starling given no one here has raved about it.

I admire PAA for making a modern affordable Gem razor, unfortunately it is not nearly as good or affordable as the MMOC. There are many more vintage SEs out there to try though!

I admire PAA for making a modern affordable Gem razor, unfortunately it is not nearly as good or affordable as the MMOC. There are many more vintage SEs out there to try though!
I'm glad you said that, I was looking at the Starling on the PAA site again and thinking 'they're not that dear, maybe.......':)

5vupue.jpg

Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89
Brush: Razorock Plissoft
Blade: Feather SS
Soap: B&M Fern

And I snuck in a hair product because it's part of my ritual when I shave in the morning. Dig the clays and pomades.

Hair: Flag Ship Dead Seas Clay

I am loving the scent of B&M Fern.

Status
Not open for further replies.