Not open for further replies.
Yesterday's SOTD before the Meetup.
38755fc0ef.png

Brush: Omega 49 boar.
Soap: B&M Adagio
Razor: Schick Krona
Blade: Timor (5)
A/S: B&M Arctique

Boar nearly completely broken in. Was a few scratchy hairs that I cut shorter to keep the face feel soft but maintain the backbone. Ends all split but still with some stiffness after a hot soak.

Think the virgin Parker Variant will come out of its box tomorrow. Inspired by @Mark1966 and @MrT

SOTN.

Just got home from a trip to Adelaide for the weekend (first time there, it was great. The Fringe festival was amazing! Like mind blowing amazing fun). First thing I did was shower and shave.

10r5k60.jpg

EJ DE89 w/ Feather blade
RazoRock Plissoft
B&M Cologne Russe
Nivea sensitive shaving balm

Razor: Parker Variant Adjustable (2)
Blade: Vintage Gillette Super Stainless blade (6)
Brush: Shavemac DO1 Americana shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (APR) les généraux du grand livre shaving soap
Aftershave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) les généraux du grand livre splash
Fragrance: Australian Private Reserve (APR) les généraux du grand livre EDP

Dark, cold and wet in CBR this morning. Localised flooding in small areas of the Inner North of Canberra over the weekend. Pictures in this story all from within an area with a 1km radius - still a good and well needed drink for the garden.

The summer scents were obviously not appropriate - so why no 'The General' - he NEVER disappoints.

HVCso1bl.jpg

Brush: PAA, Atomic Rocket
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat
Razor: Ever Ready, Streamline
Blade: Gem SS

My last post for the "one blade/razor/soap February challenge" and what have I learnt?

The streamline is a lovely razor and if I had to choose just one this would be it.
The MWF is a great simple inexpensive soap to use with varied aftershaves without the need to buy the set.
The Gem SS will last much longer than I thought. I used to ditch them after 6 but this one has done 14 and is still going strong.
Although I have had consistently good shaves I really miss the variety of choosing my shave, especially at the weekend when I have time to really enjoy the experience of a new combination​

4ZSLaGSh.jpg

Soap: Pb Max
Brush: Semogue 1305
Razor: Asylum Rx
Blade: Kai Captain
Max didn't disappoint, nice lather (lather shot from yesterday's test lather), passed the Asylum test. If anything I was looking for some clay but performance is still up there so I can live without it.
Clary post script - Clary keeps it's identity as my father in law is favouring that soap at the moment. Puck No:1 will have to be rebirthed in it's own right.

One blade/One Razor/One soap in February - Shave #24
Brush: RR 400
Razor: Rockwell 6S (R4)
Blade: Derby
Scuttle/Bowl/Mug: Fine Lather Bowl
Soap: RR xXx
Post: Shower + Barber Shoppe face wash / Witch Hazel + Tea Tree oil

A quick 3 pass SAS before my doctors appointment this morning. Finally been given some proper medication with hopes to be back to my healthy self in a few days :shame: Have a great week and see you in SOTD Tuesday. Only a few more shaves to go and I'm free of this damn Derby... :happy: #blade_of_glory

P9uxDgrl.jpg

Soap: Mondial Florence
Brush: 1305
Razor: Bengall
Finally got to use the Bengall.Very audible feedback,not the smoothest shave I have had.Attribute that to finding correct angles as the basics are there but this is way different to the Parker and a whole lot more blade there.Also I still haven't quite got the Mondial worked out,some days slick and others like today a bit "sticky". Enjoyed the shave,just need a few days to get used to the razor to get an excellent result.

Have always wondered about that soap, what does it lather like ?
I am finding it needs a fair bit of water to stay slick on my face,though I have been having more straight shaves lately which take time,hence the lather tends to get a little dry and sticky.Easy to get it to load,and I find it wants to build.I am still a noob though mate,but I found the Proraso easier to work for me.

February challenge: Shave #9 & 10

Razor: SS General
Blade: Schick P30 (10)
Brush: Maseto Beehive
Soap: Mike's Lime

2 pass XTG.... forgot to post Fridays shave, same same like this morning. Couple of neck weepers this morning but was in a rush and it was only a mediocre lather.

Almost March, can't wait for a change!!!! Same bowl, brush, blade, razor and splash ~ maybe one more time depending on my diary....

5d21d60993.png

Brush: Yaqi 26mm Space tux
Soap: Grooming Dept. Yuzu
Razor: Parker Variant (2 then 2.5)
Blade: Bic Platinum (1)
A/S: B&M 42 Splash

Four goes at the Yuzu and not even a dent in it. Very thirsty soap, probably the thirstiest I've used so far. Fantastic post feel especially after the Variant.
First use of the Variant so heeled from @Mark1966 experience and dialed two as enough. Surprised how smooth it was except some drag from the top cap as my lather was a touch tacky so sticking.
Second pass dialled it half a notch to 2.5 and then shocked. It felt smoother. Odd, must of been a slicker lather. Note this for next time.
Enjoy your evening.

Last edited:
aycYAgMl.jpg

Brush: M7
Razor: Slim Twist
Blade: Vintage UK Personna (21)
Soap: MdC Vetiver
A/S: Proraso Green Pre/Post
Cologne: TOBS St James

Last shave for February. Am looking forward to changing razor and soap but I'll carry on with the blade, feels no different now than it did on day 1.
The Slim Twist really shined as a mild and very capable razor over the month but the flimsy handle became annoying about two weeks ago. May look at getting a custom handle turned for it down the track.
The MdC soap really is an excellent performer and even with over 30 shaves on it and fairly heavy loading is still well over 90% full. Sadly the scent on this one really is not for me.

Pre: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Castle Forbes pre-shave gel
Brush: Savile Row 3824 Silvertip Badger
Cream: XPEC Original
Razor: Feather AS-D2
Blade: Vintage English Gillette White (2)
EdT: Guerlain Vetiver

No shave photo as time was limited, so just a previous photo showing the fragrance used tonight.
When I'm pushed for time, experience has taught me to reduce the number of passes, rather than speed up my rate of progress. Hence, 2 passes for a DFS, helped no end by the sharpness of the blade.
Very impressed with the Xpec shaving cream. The stuff is not cheap, but it was certainly luxurious, beautifully scented, and performed very well.
The elegant Guerlain Vetiver was a good scent match for the cream.

Have always wondered about that soap, what does it lather like ?

There was some in the last Travelling Box. From memory @58FB is a fan from memory. It is made by the same company who does RazoRock and a range of other soaps under different brands.

Status
Not open for further replies.