Shave of the Day Thread - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was some in the last Travelling Box. From memory @58FB is a fan from memory. It is made by the same company who does RazoRock and a range of other soaps under different brands.
@58FB kindly sent it to me along with a Ballend tech and some blades when I first joined here.Not that long ago actually and has set me on a path to various Acquisition Disorders.

Date: 27 February 2018

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Maseto 2 Band Finest Badger Black Beehive 30/55mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Route 66 ~ Rum Runner 6x
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Razor:- GEM Micromatic Clog-Pruf
Blade:- GEM Personna SS PTFE Coated #6
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic
Fragrance:- Dolce&Gabbana The One for Men

q2rdfQyl.jpg

One blade/One Razor/One soap in February - Shave #25
Brush: RR 400
Razor: Rockwell 6S (R4)
Blade: Derby
Scuttle/Bowl/Mug: Fine Lather Bowl
Soap: RR xXx

Second last shave for the month - Nothing spectacular, just a simple 3 pass SAS. Still under the weather but taking advantage of the finer weather to venture out and grab supplies/see family. Have a great Tuesday and see you in the SOTD Wednesday.So excited!!!! #blade_of_glory :nailbiting:

WCRqw15l.jpg

Brush: 1305
Soap: Proraso
Razor: Filarmonica

Now that the Bengall is home with a shave ready edge I have a benchmark to go by for my honing.Lots don't like it,but I used tape on the spine and got to work on the Chinese 8000 grit stone for about 15 minutes.Finished off with a couple zillion laps on the old smooth barbers hone I have,then stropped.Very close,but not quite there with the edge yet,still a DFS,and I was more aware of angles and blade position.I did forget once more that these true straights are longer than the Parker shavette style,and caught my self on the left neck a tiny bit.Lather was excellent.Once I get the edge right,this Fili is going to be a beautiful razor to use.It just sits better than the Bengall,and even though not as sharp yet,felt smoother somehow.
Also,being a Filarmonica,I just felt real good using it.

One blade/One Razor/One soap in February - Shave #25
Brush: RR 400
Razor: Rockwell 6S (R4)
Blade: Derby
Scuttle/Bowl/Mug: Fine Lather Bowl
Soap: RR xXx

Second last shave for the month - Nothing spectacular, just a simple 3 pass SAS. Still under the weather but taking advantage of the finer weather to venture out and grab supplies/see family. Have a great Tuesday and see you in the SOTD Wednesday.So excited!!!! #blade_of_glory :nailbiting:
Glad to hear you're finally on the mend mate (y)

WCRqw15l.jpg

Brush: 1305
Soap: Proraso
Razor: Filarmonica

Now that the Bengall is home with a shave ready edge I have a benchmark to go by for my honing.Lots don't like it,but I used tape on the spine and got to work on the Chinese 8000 grit stone for about 15 minutes.Finished off with a couple zillion laps on the old smooth barbers hone I have,then stropped.Very close,but not quite there with the edge yet,still a DFS,and I was more aware of angles and blade position.I did forget once more that these true straights are longer than the Parker shavette style,and caught my self on the left neck a tiny bit.Lather was excellent.Once I get the edge right,this Fili is going to be a beautiful razor to use.It just sits better than the Bengall,and even though not as sharp yet,felt smoother somehow.
Also,being a Filarmonica,I just felt real good using it.
The Filarmonicas are beautiful straights aren't they? Ive only got one (very similar to yours I think @pvsampson ) and it is full hollow and has such amazing audible feedback. A joy to use :)

WN62v7ml.jpg

Rockwell 6S (R2)
Polsilver
Maggards Synth
APR General Ledger
Thayers Lemon
APR Suitably Attired Summer

This was my third face shave in three days. It was the first time I have attempted shaving so many days in a row since switching to DE and would have started bleeding just by thinking of doing it with a cart.
Isn't the closest shave ever with R2 but it's good enough for me on a normal day and very minimal irritation.
Second Polsilver blade I've used and have to say they are one of my favourite's so far.

Hey @Dustin L - I also find the R2 and Polsilver combination a winner. Besides the Rockwell (which I've only tried on loan), I also really enjoy the Polsilvers in the ATT open comb plates.

Glad to hear you're finally on the mend mate (y)
Thanks @Snooze. It was nice to get out of the house today so the med's seems to be working. Just waiting to get rid of this stubborn cought then return back to work :rage:

Razor: Parker Variant Adjustable (2)
Blade: Vintage Gillette Super Stainless blade (7)
Brush: Shavemac DO1 Americana shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Martin de Candre shaving soap
Balm: The Stray Whisker (TSW) After Balm
Aftershave: Pitralon 'Swiss' splash

Good to be home to a decent shave :)

Ahhh

yvZFyzal.jpg

Soap: Luna's Fig & Vanilla
Brush: Omega 10083
Razor: Black Hawk
Blade: Feather Pro Super (1)
Getting a better lather from Luna's now I'm a bit more used to it (@FluffyGroodle ). I'm used to soaps requiring more water. Plus with a thicker creamier lather the scent seemed to hold much better. Made for a very nice shave today with the Black Hawk. (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.