Paladin Lotus
ATT R1/UFO TiTAN XL
Feather
FiNE Itallian Citrus Soap/Aftershave
Acqua Di Palma Aftershave Balm/EDC

The last Colonia shave of the season :(

Last edited:
Razor: Parker Variant Adjustable (2)
Blade: Vintage Gillette Super Stainless blade (9)
Brush: Shavemac DO1 Americana shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Lightning Ridge Shave Soap
Aftershave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Lightning Ridge Aftershave
Fragrance: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Lightning Ridge EDP

Last shave with this setup for me, the razor will be going on the road when I get back from this trip.

Great lather from the APR and great shave overall - onwards and upwards guys!

Brush: maggards 30mm synth
Soap: gd mallard
Razor: 6s (4)
Blade: gillette platinum(5)
The mallard soap is a great performer but I just can't gel with the scent. To me it smells of cheap chocolate essence. At least the scent is gone at the finish of the shave. The platinum blade has been quite good to me the first shave was a bit rough but after that it has smoothed out nicely up till
Today. It is at the end still smooth but starting to tug a little and nowhere near as close a shave as it has been giving.

Bjq1Hryl.jpg

Brush:1305
Soap: Mondial Florence
Razor: Mingshi
Blade: Nacet
Extra: Kitchen wipe

Faux Futur Friday. Started with the setting on 2 for first pass and was surprised at how mild it was.Decent weight in the head,was very,very smooth and zipped over the skin.Second pass dialled up to 4 and still quite mild,XTG on cheeks and chin,under chin and jawline.Decided f*ck it,I'll crank this mother up to 6 and see how it goes.That was it.Turns out I don't mind an aggressive razor,ATG cheeks,chin,jawline and now as close to BBS that I can get,weeper on voice box but not bad. Thought that I would clean and dry the head,popped the cap off and somehow,and I am stuffed if I know how,the cap slipped out of my fingers and the blade got me a decent slice on left thumpad and blood everywhere,hence the kitchen wipe extra. Won't be doing that again.
Pretty impressed with the Mingshi,really like how it can be adjusted during the shave with a twist,like how it sits on the face and no pressure needed.
Have a good weekend all.

Date: 02 March 2018

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Platypus P&C LE 2017 24mm Manchurian White
Soap/Cream:- Wickham 1912 ~ Shamrock Tweed 3x
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Razor:- Muhle Rocca R96
Blade:- Gillette Nacet #3
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic
Fragrance:- Hugo Boss (Original)

IMG_20180301_061848-01.jpg

February Challenge is over and out comes the APR and the mysterious Fitsall! So nice to have the mastery of Dan around my chops again. Coollabah has been released again and if you are on the fence... do it.

The vintage Aussie Fitsall is MILD. Got a DFS in three passes but a BBS is probably out of the question without a perfect angle. Would be a great starter razor or daily driver because it felt like a weeper would be nigh on impossible. Even applying a little pressure felt very safe. I prefer more efficieny and aggressiveness myself but this will be great for special occasions like Australia Day.

Bjq1Hryl.jpg

Brush:1305
Soap: Mondial Florence
Razor: Mingshi
Blade: Nacet
Extra: Kitchen wipe

Faux Futur Friday. Started with the setting on 2 for first pass and was surprised at how mild it was.Decent weight in the head,was very,very smooth and zipped over the skin.Second pass dialled up to 4 and still quite mild,XTG on cheeks and chin,under chin and jawline.Decided f*ck it,I'll crank this mother up to 6 and see how it goes.That was it.Turns out I don't mind an aggressive razor,ATG cheeks,chin,jawline and now as close to BBS that I can get,weeper on voice box but not bad. Thought that I would clean and dry the head,popped the cap off and somehow,and I am stuffed if I know how,the cap slipped out of my fingers and the blade got me a decent slice on left thumpad and blood everywhere,hence the kitchen wipe extra. Won't be doing that again.
Pretty impressed with the Mingshi,really like how it can be adjusted during the shave with a twist,like how it sits on the face and no pressure needed.
Have a good weekend all.
yeah I must say the weird spring loaded clip on the cap of the Futur takes a bit of getting used to (n)

U8RBMbo.jpg

Pre-Shave: SebaMed, cold water
Razor: Feather AS-D2
Blade: Feather Yellow (1)
Brush: Paladin Lotus
Lather: Mike's Orange, Cedarwood, & Black Pepper
Post-Shave: Alum, Stirling Bay Laurel Witch Hazel, Australian Emu Oil​

Another fantastic shave with the AS-D2 and a Feather blade. I am almost getting to the point, that I believe Feather blades could be great in other razors as well - I know I am crazy. The wonderful Mike's lather whipped up by the stunning Paladin was certainly no disadvantage.

I hope you all have a fantastic Friday (y)

Wy1cuj7l.jpg

Acqua Di Parma Croap
Antica Barbieria Colla Boar
Pelican Strop
King Pelican 15
Acqua Di Parma Colonia Intensa Balm
Acqua Di Parma Colonia Intensa Cologne

What can I say, there’s only one choice really when it’s an ADP shave

The big man and Brindisi

Status
Not open for further replies.