Status
Not open for further replies.
Brush: Proraso (Omega)
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Merkur
Scuttle/Bowl/Mug: Shaving Factory mug
Pre: Shower + Barber Shoppe face wash
Soap: Edwin Jagger Menthol puck

Another quick 3 pass SAS with the HD. Not the greatest of shaves in large part to lack of water in the lather, resulting in a somewhat smooth but inefficient shave around the chin area. Have a great afternoon and see you in the next SOTD :)

G4sIzEB.jpg

Pre-Shave: SebaMed, cold water
Razor: Guerrilla
Blade: Ladas (1)
Brush: Hucklaration
Lather: Mike's Bay Rum
Post-Shave: Alum, Stirling Bay Laurel Witch Hazel, Australian Emu Oil​

What a difference a blade can make. After the Feather disaster, I loaded today the Guerrilla with a Ladas today and had a silky smooth and close shave aided by some beautiful Mike's lather whipped up by this fantastic Hucklaration brush - life is good.

**I hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday (y)

dNbAijUl.jpg

Soap: Mondial Florence
Brush: Semogue 1305
Razor: Filarmonica Inox 13
Not in the best of moods when I started this morning,literally used the shave to calm down.It almost worked, until the second pass near to last stroke on left throat and got a decent 2cm slice.Inattention when angry whilst moving a very sharp piece of steel on ones throat does not bode well for a pleasant start to the morning.
I have a smooth face so all was not lost.

...the vintage silver Big Fellow. This is quite an aggressive razor... The later model vintage Gillettes (e.g. 1950s and later) seemed to get less aggressive over the years, perhaps as more men got used to shaving every day. ...

I'll second that

Lovely shave @LukehGee and excellent soap/splash pairing :)

Maybe it's the wrong kind of 'metal' for you ?

:pompous:

I regularly use Feathers in my Guerilla, and I particularly enjoy shaving with them at 5.45am each day knowing my full and upmost attention to technique is required. As I often joke with @nsavage it's a great way to start the day!
Absolute madness IMO

Razor: Vintage Gillette 'Fatboy' adjustable (5)
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (3)
Brush: Simpson LE 19/150 Jubilee shaving brush
Soap/Cream:
Aqua di Palma Colonia shaving cream
Aftershave: Aqua di Palma Colonia aftershave
Fragrance: Aqua di Palma Colonia Eau de Cologne

It has been a while since I had this on my dial - too long some might say.

Date: 08 March 2018

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Badger in Ash Wood 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Route 66 ~ Rum Runner 7x
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Razor:- GEM Micromatic Clog-Pruf
Blade:- GEM Personna SS PTFE Coated #7
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic
Fragrance:- Dolce&Gabbana Pour Homme

The 30C, my first true DE after after using a cheap TTO clone ;)
Thank you for the correction @RustyBlade .(y) Care factor is rather low at the moment so I didn't check the Model No:. Off on sick leave with whatever virus is doing the rounds.:sick:
Headaches for five days and a large cold sore on my face making shaving a bit tricky at the moment.
The 30C is too mild for me but I still enjoy giving it a run occasionally. Especially suitable for negotiating damaged skin.

Soap: Proraso red
Brush: 1305
Razor: Mingshi
Blade: Nacet
Post: Witch Hazel,Nivea,Viet Fougere cheapie,couple dabs of Indian Musk oil
Busy day so quick shave between grocery shopping and heading to the big smoke for birthday shopping. Easy couple of passes,first setting 2 and second on 5.
Second pass ripped that growth off,as setting two was a bit mild.

Thank you for the correction @RustyBlade .(y) Care factor is rather low at the moment so I didn't check the Model No:. Off on sick leave with whatever virus is doing the rounds.:sick:
Headaches for five days and a large cold sore on my face making shaving a bit tricky at the moment.
The 30C is too mild for me but I still enjoy giving it a run occasionally. Especially suitable for negotiating damaged skin.
Wishing you a speedy recovery @Pbgoose as I was sick for 2 weeks (still got an annoying cough) so stay hydrated and here's hoping you're feeling better soon (y)

IMAG0051.jpg

Brush: RR 400
Razor: iKon X3 + OSS handle
Blade: Rockwell
Scuttle/Bowl/Mug: Fine Lather bowl
Pre: Shower + Barber Shoppe face wash
Soap: APR Fougere Burbon Rose
Post: Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil + PAA Atomic travel aftershave

Surprising how much difference a quality soap/lather can make to a shave as todays SOTD was a great improvement on the last effort. Great scent profiles and beautiful lather resulting in a DFS with 3 passes. Rockwell blades don't suit the X3 as its slighty more aggressive and has obvious blade feel requiring a smoother blade for superior results. No nicks or weepers but not as close as you'd expect from a slant. Happy shaves!

Status
Not open for further replies.