Status
Not open for further replies.
VGVBvyC.jpg

Pre-Shave: SebaMed, cold water
Razor: Guerrilla
Blade: Ladas (2)
Brush: Maseto 2-band Finest
Lather: Mystic Water Lime
Post-Shave: Alum, Thayers Original Alcohol Free Witch Hazel, Australian Emu Oil​

A very satisfying quick shave with some wonderful Mystic Water lather. The Maseto 2-band is a stellar brush for this price and it is so good to be back to Thayers - best alcohol free Witch Hazel I have tried by a mile...

I hope you all have a fantastic Friday (y)

Celebratory shave this evening..... rec'd a promotion at work today :)

Went with the Timeless tonight ~ I'd forgotten what a fantastically smooth clean shave it provides! 2 pass XTG, Mike's Lime, Astra, Maseto Beehive and Dickinson's did me proud! No nicks, cuts or weepers to report.

I've decided to let the Timeless do what it does second best and develop a patina.... tbh I can't be @rsed cleaning, polishing and protecting it even though I have a large tub of Ren wax sitting on the same shelf ~ I bought it for shaving (based on the excellent reviews) and that's all I'll be doing with it from now on.

You can clearly see how the patina has developed with the razor sitting in the stand, it'll be hung up on my stand from now on so the finish develops evenly along the full length of the handle.

CUcaHqCl.jpg
Congrats on the new promotion. Thats really starting to patina nicely. I'm constantly cleaning mine as I noticed spots on the handle and under the cap, a kin to tarnish? Either way a lovely shaver :)

Last edited:
Celebratory shave this evening..... rec'd a promotion at work today :)

Went with the Timeless tonight ~ I'd forgotten what a fantastically smooth clean shave it provides! 2 pass XTG, Mike's Lime, Astra, Maseto Beehive and Dickinson's did me proud! No nicks, cuts or weepers to report.

I've decided to let the Timeless do what it does second best and develop a patina.... tbh I can't be @rsed cleaning, polishing and protecting it even though I have a large tub of Ren wax sitting on the same shelf ~ I bought it for shaving (based on the excellent reviews) and that's all I'll be doing with it from now on.

You can clearly see how the patina has developed with the razor sitting in the stand, it'll be hung up on my stand from now on so the finish develops evenly along the full length of the handle.

CUcaHqCl.jpg
Congrats @Scotty on the promotion mate good luck to ya (y)

Congrats on the new promotion. Thats really starting to patina nicely. I'm constantly cleaning mine as I noticed spots on the handle and under the cap, a kin to tarnish? Either way a lovely shaver :)

Congrats @Scotty on the promotion mate good luck to ya (y)

Thanks guys @Razor Burn @58FB ..... fortunately no additional responsibilities work wise, barely got enough time to scratch my @rse these days with the current work load!

I do like nice and shiny but figured that trying to stop the patina was like trying to stop the tide coming in...... may as well let nature take its course.

Razor: Vintage Gillette 'Fatboy' adjustable (5)
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (5)
Brush: Simpson LE 19/150 Jubilee shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Saponificio Varesino - 70th Anniversary "Settantesimo" Shave Soap
Aftershave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Aqua di Sydney Aftershave
Fragrance: Giorgio Armani Acqua di Gio Pour Homme

It is still summer - ish :)

WqJ69Ill.jpg

Soap: Lakewood - Honeysuckle Hollow
Brush: Omega 10083
Razor: Gillette 109 (7&8)
Blade: Dorco ST301 (2)
The Lakewood Honeysuckle Hollow is really nice soap to use (y) but the scent is too much for me. I was trying to get away from it by the end of the shave, no extra passes for the sake of it. I'll definitely be looking out an AS this morning. Anything to try and hide the residual scent of the Honeysuckle.
Still thumbs up for the Dorco blade.

Date: 10 March 2018

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Badger in Cherry Wood 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Wickham 1912 ~ Shamrock Tweed 4x
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Razor:- Muhle Rocca R96
Blade:- Gillette Nacet #4
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic
Fragrance:- YSL L’Homme

8mXQbZ1l.jpg

Proraso, Semogue 1305, Filarmonica Stainless 13, Witch Hazel

Very nice relaxing two pass shave today.Getting to learn the differences between the Fili and the Bengall.The latter requires a little more pressure than the Fili which needs a light touch to achieve comfortable and smooth shaving,especially on the chin area.Bengall can handle more aggression and is more of a no nonsense general workhorse that can handle a bit of abuse,the Fili a well sired thoroughbred requiring finesse and careful guidance to bring out it's best.

Brush: Proraso (Omega)
Razor: EJ DE89
Blade: Astra
Scuttle/Bowl/Mug: Fine Lather bowl
Pre: Shower
Soap: Wolfpac Ice
Post: Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / Barber Shoppe balm + PAA Atomic travel aftershave

A quick 3 pass SAS in time for the CBR Meet up. Lets just say Astra blades don't work in the DE89 and I might have to bust open my pack of Feathers and take the shave up a notch or two :cigar: Have a great remainder to your weekend and happy shaves!

8mXQbZ1l.jpg

Proraso, Semogue 1305, Filarmonica Stainless 13, Witch Hazel

Very nice relaxing two pass shave today.Getting to learn the differences between the Fili and the Bengall.The latter requires a little more pressure than the Fili which needs a light touch to achieve comfortable and smooth shaving,especially on the chin area.Bengall can handle more aggression and is more of a no nonsense general workhorse that can handle a bit of abuse,the Fili a well sired thoroughbred requiring finesse and careful guidance to bring out it's best.
Nice photo @pvsampson - I agree the Fili that I have requires a light touch:)

Status
Not open for further replies.