Shave of the Day Thread - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_20180310_150930.jpg

Some favourite kit along with a first try of Xpec cream (sample). Bowl lathered a treat and was a great performer. Scent is on the mild side and a peppery barbershop. Indeed, it almost reminded me of Pino minus the pine with that pepper note. I don't know if I could justify the price to add this famous cream to my den but I did like it. Thanks, @TomG .

BBS in 3 passes and a pickup with the lovely Gillette bakelite which will now be cleaned carefully and rested.

And for those who wanted more brush action from my 30mm tuxedo TF custom...

How's your face coming along with Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil?
Very nicely thanks @SpeedyPC. I wasn't game enough to add the other oils as demonstrated in the link but the tea tree oil alone is a lovely addition :)

eWYebqql.jpg

Pre: PAA, Cube
Brush: Semogue 620
Soap: Haslinger, Schafmilch Rasierseife
Razor: Le Coq
Blade: Le Gem SS

Two passes with " Le Coq". Very efficient but well behaved, much more manageable than my other wedge razor the "Kampfe Star", which I really can't use.
Have a great Sunday​

Razor: Vintage Gillette 'Fatboy' adjustable (5)
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (6)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson '46' reknotted in pure
Soap/Cream: L&L Grooming and Chatillon Lux TSM Fougere Shave Soap
Aftershave: Chatillon Lux Delor de Treget Aftershave

Hey Rooney, we're getting the band back together, interested?

Sure 46

Me too?

Yeah Culmak, us butterscotch bros stick together.

Hey Duke, Pigsy, you in?

Sure, we'll contact the others.

Group hug?

Nah, group photo
-

Oh yeah!

IMAG0053.jpg

Brush: RR 400
Razor: RR Baby Smooth
Blade: Astra
Scuttle/Bowl/Mug: Fine Lather bowl
Pre: Shower
Soap: Bvlgari 4 Men

An early morning 2 pass DFS with a sample soap @Mark1966 gifted me at the meet up yesterday. All it took was a wet brush and hey presto, frothy lather a plenty :happy: Forgot how light the razor was so I was tempted to add a bit more pressure but glad I didn't as I almost nicked myself under my bottom lip. To my fellow Canberrans hope you have a great LONG weekend and to the others, hahaha you're back at work tomorrow :ROFLMAO: Happy shaves!

P9uxDgrl.jpg

Mondial, 1305, Bengall, Witch Hazel, Jovan

Archive pic. Two pass DFS. As mentioned last SOTD post the Bengall is a bit of an aggressive straight, but any inattention it will remind you that it is still to be respected.Came in just under jawline a little too quick and angle too sharp,ever so lightly touched and 3cm or so cut. Not a bleeder but enough to let me know that I should remember what I am using. Still enjoyed the shave though.

IMG_20180310_150930.jpg

Some favourite kit along with a first try of Xpec cream (sample). Bowl lathered a treat and was a great performer. Scent is on the mild side and a peppery barbershop. Indeed, it almost reminded me of Pino minus the pine with that pepper note. I don't know if I could justify the price to add this famous cream to my den but I did like it. Thanks, @TomG .

BBS in 3 passes and a pickup with the lovely Gillette bakelite which will now be cleaned carefully and rested.

And for those who wanted more brush action from my 30mm tuxedo TF custom...

@Oliver had one for sale at the last Adelaide meet-up...you might be able to pick it up at a discount ;)

jRMdgf2.jpg

Pre-Shave: SebaMed, cold water
Razor: Weber PH UFO Titan L
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Brush: RudyVey Shavemac 2-band Silvertip
Lather: Mike's Orange, Cedarwood, & Black Pepper
Post-Shave: Alum, Thayers Original Alcohol Free Witch Hazel, Australian Emu Oil​

A relaxing Sunday with a bit of time, so I had a very leisurely shave. This Rudy Vey Shavemac produced mountains of glistening slick Mike's lather and the Weber head provided a super close shave - just some decent sting from the alum at the end spoiled the perfection.

I hope you all have a stellar Sunday (y)

Razor: Bronze Timeless
Blade: Astra (2)
Soap: Mikes Lime
Brush: Maseto Beehive
First Aid: Elastoplast Antibacterial Sticky Plaster

2 pass XTG, lovely ~ no nicks / cuts / weepers on my face, but.....

.... I noticed there were a few straggly long hairs growing off the edge of my earlobes (been a few months since my last haircut).

No worries, a quick touch up with the razor!!! I thought...

...then I only went and sliced the back edge of my right lobe with all the delicate poking, tickling & prodding at what was probably the completely wrong angle for rear ear lobe shaving..... can't win 'em all!!!!

Have a great week good people!!!

Shaves for 10th and 11th

10th
Pre-shave:
Trumpers Skin Food - Lime
Brush: Elite Razor 2-Band Badger
Soap/Cream: APR Fougere Bourbon Rose
Razor: Muhle R41
Blade: Personna Lab Blue (1)
Post-shave: APR Fougere Bourbon Rose

Good shave. Blade didn't cut smoothly and felt quite tuggy to actually cut. This could be a bad razor and blade combo, or just poor face prep. However cleanup passes were smoother.
Soap and splash were excellent. Out of my spreadsheet of... err... too many soaps/creams, it's 1 of 9 to get a scent score of 5 stars. And with the shave performance of APR it's definitely one I will try to keep on hand (y).

11th
Pre-shave:
Only a hot shower. Realised I forgot the Skin Food once I had lather on my face.
Brush: Elite Razor 2-Band Badger
Soap/Cream: Queen Charlotte Soaps - Key Lime (warning: unobtanium)
Razor: Rockwell 6S (R6)
Blade: Personna Lab Blue (2)
Post-shave: MDC Cophra Oil

Much smoother shave than the previous one. I'm still not sure of the reason and less growth means I can't really be sure, but I suspect it's that and the milder razor.
Regarding the soap. It won't affect the shave, but I thought it was interesting that the tub is labelled as a cream, which I think is incorrect or it has dried out over the years. It has a great lime scent, not too bright or citrus-y/acidic, easily in my top 3 out of the limes I've tried. The lather was quite airy and I couldn't get it to be as thick as I usually like. I'll try it again tomorrow and see if I can dial it in more, but I suspect it might just be how the soap is.
I think I could have gotten away without a post-shave, but I decided to use some of the Cophra oil. I've found it doesn't fully absorb and leaves a slight oily layer.

I probably won't post a follow up for QCS due to the unobtanium status. Based on first impressions it's a great scent in an alright soap. It's one where if QCS was still around I'd definitely be tempted to get more (depending on price of course). For now I'll try to patiently look forward to Shaver Heaven becoming obtainable.

Pre: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Castle Forbes pre-shave gel
Brush: Semogue Owners Club Boar
Soap: Squadron Soaps The Warden
Razor: ATT SE1 Kronos
Blade: Schick Proline P-30 (6)
EdT: Knize Ten

Three passes and a buff or two for BBS. No irritation, but I could feel that the blade was starting to deteriorate towards the end of the shave, so change-out time.
I really enjoy Squadron soaps - The Warden is probably my favourite.

Turn that bloody light out!!!!

Razor: Vintage Gillette 'Fatboy' adjustable (5)
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (7)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson 'The Duke'
Soap/Cream: B&M Cologne Russe Shave Soap
Aftershave: B&M Cologne Russe Aftershave

Guess who just got back today?
Them wild-eyed boys that'd been away
Haven't changed, had much to say
But man, I still think them cats are crazy

The butterscotch Duke performed with the wonderful B&M soap, ahhhh

Status
Not open for further replies.