Not open for further replies.
Date: 12 March 2018

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Brush:- Maseto 2 Band Finest Badger Black Beehive 30/55mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Route 66 ~ The Black Pearl
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Razor:- GEM Micromatic Open Comb
Blade:- GEM Personna SS PTFE Coated #1
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic
Fragrance:- Hugo Boss (Original)

Holy GEM Micromatic Open Comb this razor got some serious edge feel and smooth which is far better than the Bullet Tip and the Clog-Pruf, suddenly I had a small nick right in front of my pointy chin going WTG when I nearly lost the correct angle. I'm so glad to have the GEM Micromatic Open Comb in my den, otherwise is a completely different experience with the GEM Bullet Tip and the Clog-Pruf, I believe the GEM G-Bar behaves very much the same as the Bullet Tip.

E1MmklW.jpg

Chatillon Lux Pre Shave Butter
Hoffritz 103
Gillette Slim
Feather
Eufros Violetas
AP Reserve Lavende Violette
Artisian Perfumer F'ou de Absinthe EDP

AZdLNyIl.jpg

Soap: Pb The Blue Tansy
Brush: 26mm TF HMW
Razor: Colonial General (Brass)
Blade: Schick Proline (2)
Lovely lather off The Blue Tansy. The General was a good choice whilst still negotiating around the healing cold sore. The Schick blade is a very comfortable shave in the General (y) but I'm actually looking forward to going back to the Feather Pro Super for that bit of extra efficiency. Looking forward to a straight razor shave but ain't going there until my skin has healed.
Thought I was picking up the sample of Barrister Reserve Spice AS yesterday but accidently picked up a test mix bottle of EOs. :facepalm: Something to be said for labels. Just as well it was a nice mix. I had bypassed it as a Pb Max scent possible but it has developed nicely and I'll do another batch of soap for it. The scent was powerful not being diluted to AS strength so I put on some more Jojoba and wiped off. There was just the slightest feeling of irritation after a couple of hours reinforcing the 'don't use EO's undiluted' idea.

Brush: Proraso (Omega)
Razor: iKon SBS + Bulldog II handle
Blade: Astra
Scuttle/Bowl/Mug: Fine Lather bowl
Pre: Shower + Barber Shoppe face balm
Soap: Caties Bubbles Irish Coffee
Post: Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil + Australian Tea Tree Oil Cream

A simple 3 pass DFS with a few nicks around the neck and chin area, in part due to lack of concentration and taming an efficient razor. Bring on the next shave :) Have a great week gents!

IMG_20180312_072931-01.jpg

The Schick Krona is a hell of a TTO paired with a Feather blade. Great, easy shave to BBS with 3 passes and a pickup. It was also fun to play with my old fav soap KShave Worx Major Wood after a long spell but the interesting part today was all in the post with vintage English Leather AS paired with Gucci Guilty Absolute EdP (sample).

I'm divinely leathered for work. Happily, this AS counters the initial "Detol blast" from the EdP FYI.

I think I'm going to have to purchase a bottle. I couldn't decide about the Gucci in store but it's such a challenging, masculine leather that I think I need it with some of my 70s Avon jobs.

Last edited:
Brush: Proraso (Omega)
Razor: iKon SBS + Bulldog II handle
Blade: Astra
Scuttle/Bowl/Mug: Fine Lather bowl
Pre: Shower + Barber Shoppe face balm
Soap: Caties Bubbles Irish Coffee
Post: Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil + Australian Tea Tree Oil Cream

A simple 3 pass DFS with a few nicks around the neck and chin area, in part due to lack of concentration and taming an efficient razor. Bring on the next shave :) Have a great week gents!
What happened to the new 6S and Bronze Timeless?

EiKiRQfl.jpg

Proraso red, Semogue 1305, Filarmonica, Witch Hazel, Viet Cheapo Fougere

Nice two passes with the Fili. Small nick directly under nose right where it joins the lip, and is amazing how such a tiny cut in that location can sting so much.
All part of this manliest of manly pursuits.

I was tossing up which razor to use this morning and it's been ages since I tried the SBS so I thought why not?! In all honesty it was a challenge taming it as the SB side is a tad aggressive and the OC side is great at leaving lather on the face but doesn't shave as effecient as I was hoping on a single days growth. Next shave I'll either return to the Timeless Bronze SB or try the 6S on plate 5/6 with a Nacet blade? That's the problem when you have an abundence of DE's to choose from. Choices, choices... :)

Monday, 13 March 2018

Pre-shave: Warm shower and oil-based facewash (non drying)
Brush: TSW 452/24
Soap/Cream: Shaver Heaven: Oatmeal Stout
Bowl/Scuttle: Jude Keogh shave bowl
Razor: SS Colonial General
Blade: Schick Proline(I think) (7)
Post-shave: Alum, Thayers Witch Hazel, Marine Hylauronics (aka magic), Niacinamide+Zinc (also magic), APR Coolabah splash

Decided to use two products I love but haven't used in far too long.
SH:Oatmeal stout and APR Coolabah. Why? Because I'm worth it... :D

I'm always surprised by how excellent a lather/shave I get from SH. It's excellent.
And Coolabah is delicious. Today was quite hot and I spent most of it outside - perfect timing for this summery release.
My skin has felt great all day.

0OruECbl.jpg

Soap: Luna's Fig & Vanilla (last of my sample:()
Brush: Zenith Boar
Razor: Black Hawk
Blade: Feather Pro Super
Took me a few shaves to dial in Luna's and now I'm sad I'm at the end of this sample. Beautiful creamy lather and love that scent.
Used a bit more care today when cleaning the Black Hawk. Was thinking about too many other things yesterday when cleaning up the General and forgot to remove the blade before wiping the head plate and put the blade through the pad of my thumb.

Razor: Gillette Sensor Excel
Blade: EOM Sensor Excel twin blade cart
Brush: Muhle Synthetic Travel Brush
Soap/Cream: D R Harris Windsor shave stick
Aftershave: APR 'Pork Chop' Sample Aftershave

On the road again ...

Brush: maggards synth
Soap: Stirling dunshire
Razor:6s(4)
Blade: Ladas.(2)
Post: tn Dickinson witch hazel/ beaver woodright shipwreck cove.
I have had the pack of Ladas blades for a while but never tried them mostly cause the name is to close to commy era shitbox cars leading to very low expectations..this is the second blade ive tried and im not a fan at all. They are smooth but just nowhere near sharp enough for my ridiculously thick hair. By the third pass on the first shave they are done for. I have tried a second shave with both blades ive tried so far but its not worth it. I will niva buy them again.

Already?!

Flew out of Canberra yesterday. Into Perth and meetings that afternoon. Seminars all day today and tonight, Albany tomorrow then fly to Melbourne Thursday before BENDIGO and Ballarat Friday and Saturday then flying home.

So yeah, on the road again ....

Status
Not open for further replies.