Yaqi Rainbow Brown
Wholly Kaw Monaco Royale Soap/Splash

Merkur 42c
Personna Lab Blue (2)
Esbjerg Sensitive Sample
Omega 48
Re-lather and cold rinse
CK Eternity EdT

Another perfectly acceptable 3 pass BBS with no damage or irritation. The soap is still perfectly acceptable, notwithstanding the difficulty of loading a brittle croap out of a sample pot...

gJz1AyTl.jpg

Soap: Pb Spiced Orange
Brush: Omega Italian Boar
Razor: Feather AS-D2
Blade: Bic (2) shimmed
The shim in the Feather works as effectively as in the Rocnel Elite. Transforms the AS-D2 from frustratingly mild to satisfyingly efficient. Perhaps the BIC suits the Rocnel more than the AS-D2.

What is the fragrance like on that ?

I had the Sandalwood and Bergamot and found it quite pleasant, despite it not being either scented with Sandalwood or Bergamot. I currently have the Tobacco Flower and Tonka, which enjoys being a much closer approximation.

EWWcU2d.jpg

Pre-shave: Shower
Brush: Simpson - Best Badger - The Harvard - very precise little brush but did have to reload between passes
Soap: Murphy & McNeil - Green Man Fougere - very slick like MWF without lanolin irritation, must be the Duck Fat.
Razors: Timeless 0.68 SB - Scalloped Head - best razor for neck and jaw line - slow regrowth
Blade: Polsilver (1)
Post-shave: Murphy & McNeil - Green Man Fougere Alcohol Free Aftershave Splash - Best Alcohol Free Splash I have used to date. Provided a post shave burn that was peppery and not menthol freeze or alcohol sting. The scent stayed with me all day and I can still smell it 12 Hrs later. The Aftershave did split but that is to be expected according to M&M and nothing a good shake can't resolve.

Date:- 09 January 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Valobra (4 shaving sticks press into a 250 ml plastic tub)
Razor/Blade:- RazoRock MJ-90A / Gillette Silver Blue #7
Post/After-shave: T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Tommy Hilfiger for Men

scent feelings? I need to order something from Joserra soon. Blas de Lezo happen to burn my skin :(

Damn.
Have you talked to Joserra? Maybe a bad day with sensitive skin. I really like this smell but I'm waiting for NOIR with a very promising new base :)

Damn.
Have you talked to Joserra? Maybe a bad day with sensitive skin. I really like this smell but I'm waiting for NOIR with a very promising new base :)
I'll talk latter. First shave was made after > 35 hour trip from down under to home + 4 hour sleep. Pretty good. Second time lathering, it just burn, a skin reaction, not a soap lack of properties as I didn;t keep shaving as I stop while lathering. Maybe the scent has something that my body dislikes? I've seen plenty of people using it with no issues. Even Ruds reviewed it, and as he looks on videos, he does not have a super tough skin... so, something specific to me maybe. Till now, my only negative effects came from soaps that performed well but leave my face dried (wolfpack, bufflehead), with one exception from a local manufacturer (face fat, skin reaction but only one scent tried).
I am trying to make my dad use it so then "i" will keep it under his command, and may give another try next time.
Noir is actually a very interesting one for me too. I'll get one or two of his new ones once badk down here.

Pre-shave: Warm Shower (longish)
Brush: @Tony Forsyth 2019 P&C Auction beauty
Soap/Cream: APR Fougere Trois shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette L1 Slim (5)
Blade: Vintage "Aussie Spoiler" (4)
Post-shave: APR Fougere Trois splash
Fragrance: N/A

Nice :)

bfYov5nl.jpg

I'll talk latter. First shave was made after > 35 hour trip from down under to home + 4 hour sleep. Pretty good. Second time lathering, it just burn, a skin reaction, not a soap lack of properties as I didn;t keep shaving as I stop while lathering. Maybe the scent has something that my body dislikes? I've seen plenty of people using it with no issues. Even Ruds reviewed it, and as he looks on videos, he does not have a super tough skin... so, something specific to me maybe. Till now, my only negative effects came from soaps that performed well but leave my face dried (wolfpack, bufflehead), with one exception from a local manufacturer (face fat, skin reaction but only one scent tried).
I am trying to make my dad use it so then "i" will keep it under his command, and may give another try next time.
Noir is actually a very interesting one for me too. I'll get one or two of his new ones once badk down here.

Give you skin a chance to rest, and use the soap again - the stinging could simply be down to fatigue and less than a normal shaving technique due to not sleeping for 35hrs (!!) :)

Pre: Hot Shower, Proraso Green Eucalyptus & Menthol Pre & After shave cream
Razor: Wolfman WR2, SB 0.95 Gap, WRH7 Handle
Blade: Feather
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk3
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Proraso Green Eucalyptus & Menthol
WTG, ATG, touch up with adjusted angles for my beard.
A refreshing and invigorating shave on this hot day. Noice.:cool:

Pre: Hot Shower, Proraso Green Eucalyptus & Menthol Pre & After shave cream
Razor: Wolfman WR2, SB 0.95 Gap, WRH7 Handle
Blade: Feather
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk3
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Proraso Green Eucalyptus & Menthol
WTG, ATG, touch up with adjusted angles for my beard.
A refreshing and invigorating shave on this hot day. Noice.:cool:

I often see folks using that proraso pre/post cream.. Think I'll have to get me some to try, I quite like their soaps and already want to try more of their creams.

I often see folks using that proraso pre/post cream.. Think I'll have to get me some to try, I quite like their soaps and already want to try more of their creams.

I like the refreshing scent. Not bad as a pre shave, I prefer it as a post shave cream. YMMV.

I like the refreshing scent. Not bad as a pre shave, I prefer it as a post shave cream. YMMV.
I wonder how Wilma manages to put up with the smell of minty peppermint after your shave Fred, are you trying to stop Dinno from licking you so much like a sweet candy.

giphy.gif

IMG-20200110-105624.jpg

Brush: RR 400 Chrome
Razor: RR Wunderbar Ti
Blade: Gillette Nacet (4)
Pre: Proraso white pre-shave cram // Shower
Bowl: Pereira's Destructible Shaving Bowl
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Felce Aromatica Beta 4.3

A fabulous near BBS shave with the new slant/brush and both are welcomed additions to my shaving den. The knot is akin to my other 400 plisoft synthetic with added weight in the handle making lathering a dream. As for the slant, RR/Italian Barber have managed to produce a high quality DE which is balanced well with the titanium handle. I can see this becoming my favourite slant as it looks a lot like the iKon X3/Maggard version but shaves slightly more efficiently than my other slants (iKon X3/102, Merkur 37, PAA OC bakelite). I'm almost certain once paired with a sharper blade I'll easily achieve BBS it shaves that well! I've had this soap a few months now and first impressions - a high quality triple milled Italian soap with a pleasant earthy scent and superior performance... Happy shave/s!

Status
Not open for further replies.