Blade: GEM (2)
AS: Pb Gillean

Date:- 08 May 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Declaration Grooming ~ Cuir et Epices
Razor/Blade:- Rockwell 6S-R4 / Gillette Nacet #1
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (10)

Brush: Yaqi 30mm
Face: Merkur 34C
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (2)
Head: Leaf Razor
Blade: Polsilver SI (x3)
Pre: Shower
Soap: Wholly Kaw La Fougère Parfaite

Today's SOTD was a homage to an old traditional shaving company doing it tough these days and the trusty 34C shaved super smoothly but nowhere near as efficient as I would have liked. Still managed near DFS results but noticeable regrowth by lunchtime :( Not much to add on the soap as it performs great and a scent that matches good old Brut. Looking forward to trying the Siero formula as its supposed to be fantastic :unsure: Finished off with a quick head shave with the Leaf and looking forward to a relaxing weekend... Happy shaves!

Pre: Hot Shower
Razor: Smart Helix Apollo, Less Aggressive Plate
Blade: Astra Green
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk3
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Proraso Green Eucalyptus & Menthol
WTG, ATG, touch ups with adjusted angles for my beard.
A nice refreshing shave this evening.

Pre-shave: Shower/Bloom Water
Brush: New Forest 2213 Finest Silvertip
Soap: Murphy & McNeil Green Man Fougere
Razor: Razor Rock - Game Changer 0.84-P
Blade: Gillette Rubie (5)
Aftershave: Murphy & McNeil Green Man Fougere
XY66xD0.jpg

Highly recommend M&M Green Man Fougere its a delectable scent

Pre: spa
Razor: WR2 1.25 SB
Blade: Polsilver
Brush: Yaqi Silvertip Badger
Soap: The Warden

What a scent, my favorite barbershop scent and soap performance was excellent, very protective.. more runs on the board for the badger and the wolf continues to amaze with its smoothness while remaining so efficient

49869447898_3ae02a80e1_b.jpg

Pre: spa
Razor: WR2 1.25 SB
Blade: Polsilver
Brush: Yaqi Silvertip Badger
Soap: The Warden

What a scent, my favorite barbershop scent and soap performance was excellent, very protective.. more runs on the board for the badger and the wolf continues to amaze with its smoothness while remaining so efficient

49869447898_3ae02a80e1_b.jpg
Either I’ve been drinking too much, or your Wolfman handle is bent!

Pre- hot shower
Brush- PAA Atomic Rocket
Soap- A&E Asian Pear
Razor- Razorock Gamechanger .84
Blade- Wizamet (3)
Post- AP Reserve Escentials Restorations Serum

I had nearly 4 days growth to let my face settle after a few less than desirable shaves, and I couldn’t wait to shave it off, so busted out my best performing soap. Wowsers was it slick. Phenomenal is a great way to describe it. I contemplated purging every other soap in order to get a nice collection of A&E whilst I shaved! That’s how much I love it...

I think this was the first time pairing the Gamechanger with a Wizamet/Polsilver too. More perfection.

Right before heading to bed I don’t need no fancy aftershave to catch whiffs of so rubbed in some APR serum. Face feels fantastic and barely a blemish to be seen!

Hope you stay safe and well as usual and enjoy the weekend as best as you can...

SOTD FRIDAY MAY 8, 2020

There really aren’t many of these razors available. I feel very fortunate to own one. Some complain that it is overly aggressive, but most of these complaints trace to damaged razors that have been dropped. Given the exaggerated curvature of the safety bar, dropping it and bending the head throws off the shave angle which can turn the razor into an unknowing assaultive tool. A friend in my local shave meetup had one with a bent head. We discovered the issue after comparing it to mine. Some careful realignment restored it to its former capability. He couldn’t believe the difference in the shave. I had the same experience with a damaged Rex Ambassador which the good folks at Razor Emporium repaired.

Now back to the shave. After a shower, I began with an iced water rinse. Next I selected my Viking Silvertip Badger along with C.O. Bigelow shave cream enhanced with 6 drops of M-Bomb. The lather produced by this Proraso manufactured product was delightfully cooling to both noggin and mug. The LaResche 77 mowed my whiskers right down to the skin line. The amazing part of that first WTG pass was the smoothness of each stroke. It literally felt like I was was just sweeping the lather away. One final ATG pass led right to BBS land. Thayers Lavender WH followed by Chiseled Face Natural AS Splash and a finish with A&E Post-Shave Serum was the icing on the cake. The result was a smooth and cooling, relaxed shave that left me feeling incredibly refreshed.

RAZOR: LaResche 77
BLADE: Wizamet Super Iridium (1)
PREP: Iced water rinse
BRUSH: Viking Silvertip Badger
CREAM: C.O. Bigelow
POSTSHAVE: Iced water wash with Glyce Glycerin soap followed by Thayers Lavender WH and Chiseled Face Natural AS Splash. Finished with A&E Post-Shave Serum.

08 May 2020
kxI50K3.jpg

Muhle R41 / Lord SC
Yaqi Mysterious Space Silvertip
Cyril R. Salter Sublime Citrus
Thayers Lemon WH Astringent / Natio Calming ASB
As mentioned in the Finished Products Sticky, it was nice to finish-up the Cyril Salter cream just before the colder weather kicks-in. This cream has a nice Grapefruit/Lemon scent, so it was really refreshing to use during the warmer weather. Performance is good - probably on par with TOBS. Still persevering with the R41 for a little longer & I'm getting more comfortable shaves when pairing it with Lord blades, which have tamed the razor somewhat.

Have a great weekend everyone, stay safe & cherish your Mothers !!!

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Rooney
Soap/Cream: APR General Ledger shaving soap
Razor: Replated vintage NEW head on TSW Bren handle
Blade: Vintage UK Personna (7)
Post-shave: APR General Ledger splash
Fragrance: APR General Ledger EDP

Well clearly yesterday's shave was operator error!

Only the brush has changed gear wise but I paid attention this morning - and the difference is incredible. Really nice, enjoyable, smooth, shave, ahhhh

Date:- 09 May 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Declaration Grooming ~ Cuir et Epices
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB Matte SS 'SB-D' / Polsilver SI #1
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (10)

Status
Not open for further replies.