Shave of the Day Thread - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre-shave:- Shower
Brush:- Simpson Jubilee limited edition QEII 130/150
Soap:- Vintage Old Spice
Razor:- 66’ L1 Slim@5
Blade:- Gillette Super Stainless Steel Blade (5)
Aftershave:- B&M Reserve Spice

SmCc0LV.jpg

Could not wait for this brush to come around in rotation before trying.

Definitely the densest soft badger in the den, holds an amazing amount of water and lather.
Noticeably sucks the lather up during circular motions and pastes it on when painting. Assume this is due to quality of bristles and density ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Drool worthy combo 👏👍

1.png

Pre-shave: Hot water, Pears soap
Brush: Forgotten Art "Southern Skies" 30mm Snow Leopard
Soap/Cream: Castle Forbes Lavender
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather Professional (2)
Post-shave: Shower, Nivea balm, La Roche-Posay Hyalu B5 and Anthelios SPF50+

Why change? Tomorrow I might think of a reason, but this is as good as it gets...

1.png

Pre-shave: Hot water, Pears soap
Brush: Forgotten Art "Southern Skies" 30mm Snow Leopard
Soap/Cream: Castle Forbes Lavender
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather Professional (2)
Post-shave: Shower, Nivea balm, La Roche-Posay Hyalu B5 and Anthelios SPF50+

Why change? Tomorrow I might think of a reason, but this is as good as it gets...
+1 for Pears soap

IMG-20210205-211133.jpg

Brush: TF Customs Green Swirls & Transparent 27mm Rhodium Silvertip
Razor: Muhle Rocca V4 R94
Blade: Muhle (5)
Pre: Shower
Soap: Mikes Natural Soap Lemongrass & Eucalyptus
Post: AP Reserve Bombora A/S Splash // Milkman Grooming Summer Waves Serum
WTG, ATG, Touchups = DFS+

Inspired by @alfredus and his wonderful lather shots I had to grab Mikes and its easily a top 5 soap for me due to the superior lather and awesome post shave performance. Paired well with the citrus from both the splash + serum leaving my face all refreshed.
Shave wise the blade provided 5 enjoyable shaves but starting to show some harshness so time to move onto something different.
I'm continuously impressed with the brush as the modern design feels comfortable and the hints of blue go well with the greens. Despite the odd shedding the Rhodium knot feels super soft and lathers up soft or hard soaps with ease!

Stay Safe & Happy Shaves!
Thank you very much - Mike's is such a fantastic soap (y)

wLZvzBb.jpg

• Razor: Alpha Shave Co - Outlaw
  • Blade: Shark - Super Chrome
  • Brush: Yaqi Moka 26mm 2-band badger
  • Soap: Barrister & Mann - Brew Ha Ha
Still mostly roast coffee with a hint of chocolate and hazelnut, which maybe from the stout, but now I'[m starting to pick out some of them cherry notes. It's not specifically beery, but there is a hum of booze in the background. Softheart base is excellent as always.

Shark super chrome is a solid performing blade. Good middle of the road option, in line with Astra SP and Dorco STP301.

Pre-shave:- Shower
Brush:- Walnut Burl and Resin Silvertip Badger Brush
Soap:- DG Trismegistus
Razor:- 1966 USSR Capital Straight Razor
Aftershave:- DG Trismegistus

7XagJrT.jpg

The brush is designed by Symmetry Turning LLC inspired by Theo A. Kochs (Chicago) design. Feels nice in the hand although the knot may be a bit big for me
DG Trismegistus smells delightful and lathered up a storm

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: DSC- black stone 24mm tuxedo
Soap/Cream: Declaration Grooming - Hindsight
Razor: Razorock - Lupo SS 95
Blade: Gillette - King C Gillette (8)
Post-shave: Declaration Grooming - Hindsight AS splash / A&E Skin Food Nourishing Cream

2 Pass WTG = DFS+ daily shave. Another nice shave, blade is still efficient and smooth.

The Soap, Declaration Grooming - Hindsight. Scent is medium off the tub and and medium for the splash. Scent notes, Cade, Amyris, Teak, Cannabis, Litsea, Salt, Petitgrain, Orchid, Cedar, Sandalwood

When I first smelt the tub, straight up the smokiness is in your face. Once lathered the other scent notes erupt and the smokiness drifts into the background as the middle and other base notes take effect. The splash is different to the soap as its has a citrus note and really brings the scent to life. No citrus scent notes listed, though it could be the pettigrain and litsea adding orangy/lemon scent. If this is so, this is genius work from Scott, adding a citrus note from florals. This is not a strong scent that lingers for hours, though on the dry down the smokiness followed by woody, resinous, leather accord are prominent.

Overall I like this scent and it's something interesting and original. Surprisingly not an overly warm, smokey oriental masculine scent that for me could be worn for all seasons. (y)

Last edited:
Pre-shave: light application of King of Shaves gel while working up my lather - cold water shave tonight
Bowl/Scuttle: small porcelain bowl
Brush: Omega boar
Soap/Cream: Gillette Pure shaving cream with a few drops each of eucalyptus oil and glycerine
Razor/Blade: 1st pass Gillette New with bar handle and Astra blade, 2nd pass mostly Feather AC Kamisori with ProGuard blade
Post/After-shave: 1 - T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel, 2- Nivea Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm
Fragrance: none
Passes: 2-pass WTG - light tidy up with Schick I1 injector

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Cherry Wood 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Whispers from the Woods (Australian made) ~ All Things Nice "Spiced Sandalwood & Honey"
Razor/Blade:- RazoRock Mission / Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow #9
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpsonshave brush
Soap/Cream: SV 70th Anniversary shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette Aluminium Tech
Blade: Personna 'Lab Blue' (1)
Post-shave: APR Acqua di Sydney splash
Fragrance: Giorgio Armani Acqua di Gio EDC

A common as muck Tech, an 'everyman' razor, lets see how it goes

kygaoxHl.jpg

IMG-20210207-214659.jpg

Brush: TF Customs Blue & Gold 30mm Tuxedo
Razor: Charcoal Goods SB Zamac + RR Bamboo Handle
Blade: Wizamet S.I (1)
Pre: Shower
Soap: Cella Green
Post: RR New York A/S Splash // The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 30 ml
WTG, ATG, Touchups = DFS+

Such a smooth and comfortable shave and although a clone of the EJ/DE89 this head signs just like the modern CG design. A real delight but how long will the regrowth last is the question...?

Stay Safe & Happy Shaves!

pQmVKJh.jpg

• Razor: Henson AL-13 Medium
  • Blade: Feather HS
  • Brush: Oumo 28mm TH
  • Soap: Barrister & Mann - Frankly my Pear
2 pass with buffing. The light weight and lack of blade feel really makes it feel almost like cartridge shaving. It would suck out most of the fun of shaving if not for the fact that I get most of my enjoyment from the lathering process with the shave just being a reason to lather soap on your face.

Status
Not open for further replies.