Shave of the Day Thread - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
4.png

Pre-shave: Hot water, Pears soap
Brush: Ha! Left out of the picture. Oh well, you've seen it before, Yaqi Rainbow Pony
Soap/Cream: Noble Otter Rawr
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather Professional (3)
Post-shave: Shower, Nivea balm, La Roche-Posay Hyalu B5 and Anthelios SPF50+

Today I suddenly realised what the scent of Rawr reminds me of, a passage in Ray Bradbury's "Dandelion Wine", which I first read when I was 14 and is still a stunning read...

"...
Dandelion wine.

The words were summer on the tongue. The wine was summer caught and stoppered. And now that Douglas knew, he really knew he was alive, and moved turning through the world to touch and see it all, it was only right and proper that some of his new knowledge, some of this special vintage day would be sealed away for opening on a January day with snow falling fast and the sun unseen for weeks or months and perhaps some of the miracle by then forgotten and in need of renewal. Since this was going to be a summer of unguessed wonders, he wanted it all salvaged and labeled so that any time he wished, he might tiptoe down in this dank twilight and reach up his fingertips.

And there, row upon row, with the soft gleam of flowers opened at morning, with the light of this June sun glowing through a faint skin of dust, would stand the dandelion wine. Peer through it at the wintry day—the snow melted to grass, the trees were reinhabitated with bird, leaf, and blossoms like a continent of butterflies breathing on the wind. And peering through, color sky from iron to blue.

Hold summer in your hand, pour summer in a glass, a tiny glass of course, the smallest tingling sip for children; change the season in your veins by raising glass to lip and tilting summer in.
..."

Pre-shave:- Shower
Brush:- Hoffritz 21mm Pure Badger
Soap:- DG - Trismegistus
Razor:- Hoffritz Slant
Blade:- Vintage Gillette Super Stainless (6)
Aftershave:- DG - Trismegistus

Hoffritz & Trismegistus
S2lA18q.jpg

A perfect DFS++ 1st pass and could have stopped at one if didn't enjoy the process so much

4.png

Brush: Ha! Left out of the picture. Oh well, you've seen it before, Yaqi Rainbow Pony
Soap/Cream: Noble Otter Rawr
Blade: Feather Professional (3)

Today I suddenly realised what the scent of Rawr reminds me of, a passage in Ray Bradbury's "Dandelion Wine", which I first read when I was 14 and is still a stunning read...

"...
Dandelion wine.

The words were summer on the tongue. The wine was summer caught and stoppered. And now that Douglas knew, he really knew he was alive, and moved turning through the world to touch and see it all, it was only right and proper that some of his new knowledge, some of this special vintage day would be sealed away for opening on a January day with snow falling fast and the sun unseen for weeks or months and perhaps some of the miracle by then forgotten and in need of renewal. Since this was going to be a summer of unguessed wonders, he wanted it all salvaged and labeled so that any time he wished, he might tiptoe down in this dank twilight and reach up his fingertips.

And there, row upon row, with the soft gleam of flowers opened at morning, with the light of this June sun glowing through a faint skin of dust, would stand the dandelion wine. Peer through it at the wintry day—the snow melted to grass, the trees were reinhabitated with bird, leaf, and blossoms like a continent of butterflies breathing on the wind. And peering through, color sky from iron to blue.

Hold summer in your hand, pour summer in a glass, a tiny glass of course, the smallest tingling sip for children; change the season in your veins by raising glass to lip and tilting summer in.
..."
Well I don’t know where you got your tub of RAWR from but I don’t think mine is quite so fancy. It still reminds me a little of Arko.......

IMG-20210208-211721.jpg

Brush: TF Customs Chameleon Malle Burl + Holographic 30mm Rhodium Silvertip
Razor: Charcoal Goods SB Zamac + RR Bamboo Handle
Blade: WGillette Nacet (5)
Pre: Shower
Soap: Cella Green
WTG, ATG, Touchups = DFS

Whilst yesterdays shave was super smooth and comfortable this mornings felt a tad rough and inefficient. As much as this one would suit as a daily shaver its way too inefficient for my beard growth as I start to notice patches by lunchtime. I can see why I moved on my EJ89 as way too inefficient to tackle my troublesome areas. :(

Stay Safe & Happy Shaves!

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpsonshave brush
Soap/Cream: SV 70th Anniversary shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette Aluminium Tech
Blade: Personna 'Lab Blue' (2)
Post-shave: APR Acqua di Sydney splash
Fragrance: Giorgio Armani Acqua di Gio EDC

Day Two with the Tech ...

kygaoxHl.jpg

1.png

Brush: Yaqi Rainbow Pony
Soap/Cream: Stirling Bergamot Lavender
Blade: Feather Professional (4)

Stirling B/Lav still my #1 Desert Island Soap. This tub is now well and truly in doughnutsville, but I have 3 backups awaiting their turn...

1.png

Brush: Yaqi Rainbow Pony
Soap/Cream: Stirling Bergamot Lavender
Blade: Feather Professional (4)

Stirling B/Lav still my #1 Desert Island Soap. This tub is now well and truly in doughnutsville, but I have 3 backups awaiting their turn...

THREE backups is commitment!

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Cherry Wood 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Noble Otter/APR ~ Jungle Warrior (Limited Edition)
Razor/Blade:- RazoRock Mission / Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow #10
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Davidoff Cool Water

Pre-shave:- Shower
Brush:- Smilez4Milez Grapevine
Soap:- The Gentlemen's Quarter Bay Rum w/Sweet Orange
Razor:- 66’ L1 Slim@5
Blade:- Vintage Gillette Super Stainless (7)
Aftershave:- Ogallala Bay Rum & Sandalwood

JhqKFjK.jpg

Finally got around to @Blackie desert island soap and it is worthy of the accolade. Has the most natural scent of any bay rum I have tried and Ogallala are good but GQ better.
The Smilez4Milez Grapevine was a cheap opportunistic purchase, wonderful shape handle, very light (actual grape vine) and nice soft knot, I expected a bit of scritch looking at it, but it sheds like a dog losing its Winter coat.

Status
Not open for further replies.