Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Wolf Whiskers - custom 30mm blackwolf
Soap/Cream: Grooming Department - Cedarwood
Razor: Razorock - Lupo SS 95
Blade: Gillette - King C Gillette (10)
Post-shave: Proraso - Wood & Spice beard balm / A&E Ski

2 Pass WTG = DFS+ daily shave. Another nice shave with this razor and blade combo.

The Soap, Grooming Department - Cedarwood. Scent strength is medium to strong off the puck, mellows down once lathered. Scent notes, Orange EO, Grapefruit EO, Ginger Lily EO, Ginger EO, Pink Pepper EO, Geranium Absolute, Rose Absolute, Howood EO, Siam Wood EO, Benzoin Resin, Carrot Seed EO, Alaska Cedarwood EO, Hiba (Japanese Cedarwood) EO, Port Orford Cedarwood EO, Styrax, Muhuhu EO, Himalayan Cedarwood EO, Virginia Cedarwood EO. Texas Hill Country Cedarwood EO, Atlas Cedarwood Absolute. Vetiver Absolute, Patchouli EO, Vanilla Co2 extract, Tonka Bean Absolute.

Wow, I am stunned at the scent notes, let's take a a more in depth look.
11x different wood notes, 2x different citrus top notes, 2x middle spice notes, 4x floral middle notes, 1x herbal middle note, 1 x resin note, another 4x base notes besides the wood. With all those cedarwood notes, and only a very minor amount of smokiness to the scent, credit is due to the artisan for not cloying the scent in smokiness.

The scent is what I would describe as woody spicey oriental. This one is not too dark thanks in part to the use of the grapefuit, the floral notes especially the ginger lily, the benzoin resin, styrax which add a smoothness to the scent, and the tonka bean which adds just the slightest amount of powder. In saying that, the scent is also not light due to all the woods notes, vetiver, and the patchouli. I really enjoyed the vetiver note that cements the scent and keeps it on its path to letting you know there is earthiness, masculinity, and staying power. The dry down of the scent let's the wood notes evolve with the patchouli, vanilla, and tonka bean, resins, all aiding in the sensory experience.

Out of the ordinary for me I decided to do a face wash with the residual soap from the brush, as the ingredient lists over 30 face nourishing ingredients which was intriguing to try out.
Let me say that was the best face wash I have ever had. The face felt so soft and plump. Do I need to use any post shave product ? Definately not. Where would the fun be if I didn't use seperate post shave products.:)

Overall a really good woody spicey oriental scent. With so many fine cedar essential oils this scent could have turned into a cluster bomb of cloying sensory overload, though thankfully that's not the case. I would not say this is a refined type scent like a cologne, rather an expression of the artisans capabilities that pushes new boundaries with how much wood notes one can add without ruining the scent. The balance of scent notes is the key, and I think the artisan has done really well, especially pairing it with one of the best vegan bases in the business. For me its a two thumbs up.(y)(y)

@rhodes96 - how does the soap compare to the Prorosa Wood & Spice sense?

I used the wood and spice beard wash for a long time and loved the rich / premium smell - woody / citrusy but with an element of middle eastern oily perfume.

is the soap a good pairing?

@rhodes96 - how does the soap compare to the Prorosa Wood & Spice sense?

I used the wood and spice beard wash for a long time and loved the rich / premium smell - woody / citrusy but with an element of middle eastern oily perfume.

is the soap a good pairing?

The soap I used is more woodsy and alot less citrus.( they smell nothing alike), although they do compliment each other well, due to both soap and balm sharing common scent traits of citrus, spice, and woods.

Photo link:
3-AFCFDB0-E6-E5-42-DD-BA68-9501507647-C9.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: TF Custom with 26mm Tux Knot
Soap: Sterling - Executive Man (sample)
Razor: The Leaf (only 2 of 3 blades used)
Blade: Astra - Superior Platinums
Post-shave: Weleda - Skinfood Light

So, first post in the head SOTD

Quick, smooth, nickless shave. Great little sample from Artisan Arcade. Sterlings - Executive Man has a thick, creamy, fruity smell. It’s a heavy smell, but light and citrusy at the same time. Big theme of pineapple, musk, and vanilla running through it. The lather was super thick and “marshmallow’y” - nothing to complain about.

Astra blades worked nicely - they neither impressed or disappointed. Not too aggressive, but not so blunt that you feel tugging or have to do repeated passes.

Post shave it was the alum block followed by Skin Food. A small amount (pea sized) seems to go a long way. It’s not greasy and soaks into the dome nicely.

ySJR88x.jpg

• Razor: Muhle Rocca R96
  • Blade: Rapira Super Stainless
  • Brush: Oumo 28mm TH
  • Soap: Barrister & Mann - Leviathan

Shaving away thinking this is much better than the Rapira Platinum Lux only to gouge a chunk out of jaw. Bled like stink, that's definitely going to leave a mark. Although that's more human error than the blade's fault. Buffed a few areas instead of a 2nd pass. Have to let this heal a little before I shave around that area again.

Leviathan, or as I describe it, drinking coffee and smoking cigarettes, sitting on the leather seats of a car that's on fire. I've assigned a number to all of my soaps and have been generating random numbers off google to see what I'm going to shave next.

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Ash Wood 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Whispers from the Woods (Australian made) ~ All Things Nice "Spiced Sandalwood & Honey"
Razor/Blade:- RazoRock Mission / Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow #11
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)

Pre-shave:- Shower
Brush:- WhippedDog-Silver Tip Badger
Soap:- The Gentlemen's Quarter Bay Rum w/Sweet Orange
Razor:- 66’ L1 Slim@5
Blade:- Vintage Gillette Super Stainless (8)
Aftershave:- Ogallala Bay Rum & Sandalwood

yCkhtUC.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson boar shave brush
Soap/Cream: Stirling Sharp Dressed Man shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette Aluminium Tech
Blade: Personna 'Lab Blue' (4)
Post-shave: Stirling Sharp Dressed Man splash
Fragrance: Stirling Sharp Dressed Man EDT

Fourth, and last, shave with the Tech. Off to Sydney for a couple of days for work.

Can you get a good shave from [almost] any razor? Yes, the Tech was the equal of the Wolfman :)

Will you enjoy every shave from any razor? Nope, the experience of using this razor was pretty horrible. Worked OK but simply did not feel right, too light, almost like a cart, not a feel of quality and balance. This was from the era of a race to cheap and I can see why it was a small step from these to a cart...

CU2Cn9Gl.jpg

dav.jpg

Brush: Alpha Shaving Brushes T-400 AP Shave Co. 24/55mm SynBad
Razor: Smart Helix Apollo H 0.85mm Aggressive Plate
Blade: Wizamet S.I (3)
Pre: Shower
Soap: Grroming Dept. DiA
Post: Old Spice Splash // Milkman Grooming Spring Rider Serum
WTG, ATG, Touchups = BBS

A truly enjoyable shave!

Stay Safe & Happy Shaves!

Remember that you’re still on sabbatical and you’re not invited, otherwise, you’ll go bloody MAD!! and CRAZY!!
You forget my name recently can up for a Wolfman and I politely postponed as happily enjoying my current DEs.
2022 is the year I get myself a Wolfman... Or two?! :p

Mark announced on 24/9/2020 that the wolfperson will be going up in the auction. I remember, even if you don't... :LOL:
Cause I remember, I’m just checking to make sure that @Mark1966 hasn’t change his mind, because, you’ll never know how he feels and he might keep the Wolfman.

Cause I remember, I’m just checking to make sure that @Mark1966 hasn’t change his mind, because, you’ll never know how he feels and he might keep the Wolfman.
I've seen it and can assure you its been kept in excellent condition by its previous owner so well worth a look in if it does end up in the Auction.

nCghEsdl.jpg

Soap: Meissner Tremonia - Strong n Scottish
Brush: Omega 10048
Razor: Wunderbar
Blade: Ladas (1)
AS: APR Alfredus Choice
Good combo. Efficient, not ultra smooth but not rough. I might try the Ladas in the Ambassador next. When I first tried the Ladas it was with the R41 and I was impressed so I'm not remembering bad experiences with the Ladas.

Status
Not open for further replies.