IMG-20210211-220857.jpg

Brush: Alpha Shaving Brushes Kryten Ti 28mm UHD Manchurian
Razor: Smart Helix Apollo H 0.50mm Mild Plate
Blade: Wizamet S.I (4)
Pre: Shower
Soap: Stirling Soap Co. Black Cherry
Post: The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 30 ml // Stirling Unscented Balm
WTG, ATG, Touchups = DFS+

A super enjoyable shave to end the working week. The razor+blade shaved comfortable and almost achieved BBS barring some areas under the nose but I have a couple nasty scars from a cat scratching me in my teens so didn't want to risk opening one up.
I'm a big fan of Cella but todays soap is Cella on roids as the performance is a step up but similar marzipan scent which I love. :love:
Onto my second bottle of the Hyaluronic Acid and love how it makes my face/head feel soft and shining... A truly Happy Shave :)

Stay Safe & Have A Wonderful Weekend!!!

Travel kit

Too embarrassing to take a pic

Adequate result

s9w3dzjl.jpg

Soap: Chiseled Face Zoologist - Civet
Brush: Paladin 26mm PK-47 Selected Badger Vintage Port
Razor: Rocnel Elite
Blade: Ladas shimmed (2)
Probably if you belong to a shaving forum you're certifiable anyway but I really think @tim33z is nuts for offloading this brush. It's just lovely. I compared my master badger and high mountain white with it last night and Mrs Pbgoose agreed that the master badger was softest, HMW had the most scritch (and I consider it a low scritch brush) and the Paladin sat in between but had notably the smoothest feel on the face, absolute luxury. It probably doesn't lather as quick as some of my other brushes but I'm in no doubt it's capable of producing Lather Shots worthy lather. I think this will be a long and happy relationship.
I'd forgotten I'd used the Ladas quite a number of times previously in the Elite. It's a very good match, smooth and efficient. Even if the Ladas wasn't favoured in any of my other razors it would have a home here.
Thanks @tim33z . Today's shave was simply a treat.

z9iqyqU.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Omega 10065 Boar
Soap/Cream: Nuavia Blu
Razor: Blackland Blackbird
Blade: Gillette Stainless (1)
Post-shave: Hyaluronic acid; Pinaud Musk, Armaf Club de Nuit
The Blackbird has been neglected lately; paired with the Gillette Stainless it gave me a smooth, effortless BBS. Came upon a small sample of Nuavia, and
following @Gargravarr's excellent advice re emulsions, a quarter almond sized sample rewarded me with a bountiful, smooth and creamy lather. Excellent!

s9w3dzjl.jpg

Soap: Chiseled Face Zoologist - Civet
Brush: Paladin 26mm PK-47 Selected Badger Vintage Port
Razor: Rocnel Elite
Blade: Ladas shimmed (2)
Probably if you belong to a shaving forum you're certifiable anyway but I really think @tim33z is nuts for offloading this brush. It's just lovely. I compared my master badger and high mountain white with it last night and Mrs Pbgoose agreed that the master badger was softest, HMW had the most scritch (and I consider it a low scritch brush) and the Paladin sat in between but had notably the smoothest feel on the face, absolute luxury. It probably doesn't lather as quick as some of my other brushes but I'm in no doubt it's capable of producing Lather Shots worthy lather. I think this will be a long and happy relationship.
I'd forgotten I'd used the Ladas quite a number of times previously in the Elite. It's a very good match, smooth and efficient. Even if the Ladas wasn't favoured in any of my other razors it would have a home here.
Thanks @tim33z . Today's shave was simply a treat.
A Paladin is on my shopping list, but not this year.

Nope, take pic, let the readers decide if it's embarrassing. I will not laugh.
Indeed, if chilliman64 is man enough to confess to using an electric shaver, is @Mark1966 going to top that?

Tell you what, here's a confession of mine if it helps. About a year ago, I once tried using one of those BIC disposables with the two blades. It had been cluttering up my bathroom cabinet for years after a guest left it behind, and in the interest of science, I tried using it before throwing it away. The result was an adequate SAS with just one pass. A cheese grater might have been a preferable way of getting there.

Indeed, if chilliman64 is man enough to confess to using an electric shaver, is @Mark1966 going to top that?

Tell you what, here's a confession of mine if it helps. About a year ago, I once tried using one of those BIC disposables with the two blades. It had been cluttering up my bathroom cabinet for years after a guest left it behind, and in the interest of science, I tried using it before throwing it away. The result was an adequate SAS with just one pass. A cheese grater might have been a preferable way of getting there.
I agree 100% with those BIC 2 blade yellow monstrosities. I used them prior the transitioning over to DEs and with reflection they're truly horrible!
They rarely last a few shaves before the "lubricant" striping gives way and the last time I used one to touch up my head shave it left me with nasty irritation! :mad:
On the other hand BIC Chrome DE blades are a poor persons alternative to a Feather as they're sharp, efficient and cost peanuts. (y)
I still own a few electric shavers myself and they never managed to shave my neck area evenly so they're gathering dust in the spare bathroom. (n)

Pre-shave: light application of King of Shaves gel while working up my lather
Bowl/Scuttle: small porcelain bowl
Brush: FS synthetic
Soap/Cream: Traditional Barbers Shave Cream with a few drops of glycerine
Razor/Blade: SABI T1 handle, iKon slant head Astra SP blade
Post/After-shave: 1 - T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel, 2- Nivea Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm
Fragrance: none
Passes: 3-pass on face, 2 on neck WTG - very light tidy up with Schick I1 injector

great shave!!

note: SABI T1 handle has been sold under a few different names - you can get them at Yaqi, called the Falcon in chrome or slate grey finish, brass handle and you can unscrew the end cap to make it a little shorter and lighter - at $19.95 it's great value - https://www.yaqishaving.com.au/coll...ipside-de-safety-razor?variant=32179864862790

the Braun gives a pretty good close-ish shave as it should, afterall it is a bit of an expensive item. not my preferred method for obvious reasons. will I use it again? yes. :rolleyes:

v10H4RE.jpg

4vMrQaf.jpg

• Razor: Alpha Shaving Co - Outlaw
  • Blade: Shark - Super Stainless
  • Brush: Oumo 26mm Manchuria Fan
  • Soap: APR/Southern Witchcrafts - Gravefruit
  • Post: Nivea Balm and APR/Southern Witchcrafts - Gravefruit aftershave
I lack superlatives on how much I love this soap scent. It is amazingly complex without trying to be complex (cough-grooming dept-cough), but if even one scent note was removed, it would collapse on itself like a house of cards. Yuzu, green mango, grapefruit and then the creaminess of sandlewood and all other scents that ground the fruit notes with a rich earthiness and exotic floral texture that is totally unique and unforgettable. I haven't got any other APR scents, but this has to be as close to perfection for a citrus forward scent as you can get. I love it so much, I bought the matching aftershave, and I literally don't own any other aftershaves. This is the only soap I scoop and bowl lather because it's that precious to me. I have a feeling it will never be released again and I want to preserve as much of it for as long as possible.

Shark super stainless was surprisingly better than the chrome. I may just leave it in there and see how it performs over a couple of shaves.

Status
Not open for further replies.