Shave of the Day Thread - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
s11.png

Pre-shave: Hot water, Pears soap
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow Pony
Soap/Cream: Noble Otter Rawr
Razor: Mühle R95 birch-bark Rocca
Blade: Gillette SharpEdge 7O'Clock Yellow (3)
Post-shave: Shower, Nivea balm, La Roche-Posay Hyalu B5 and Anthelios SPF50+

A bit of a rough shave today. Thought it might be the blade getting a bit worn, but it shouldn't be this bad. I've been getting a bit spoilt by the AC blades I've been using lately, so maybe that's it. The Rocca has been missing the mark for me a few times lately, maybe I am just better suited to the SE approach.

s11.png

A bit of a rough shave today. Thought it might be the blade getting a bit worn, but it shouldn't be this bad. I've been getting a bit spoilt by the AC blades I've been using lately, so maybe that's it. The Rocca has been missing the mark for me a few times lately, maybe I am just better suited to the SE approach.
I'm going to give the Pears soap lather a try on the weekend, maybe with a few drops of glycerine...

Why did you change your avatar? aren’t you going to finished nailing your whole bloody head with your hammer?

The hairy muppet avatar needed a rest.:)
This one is more befitting of my current situation. I am beyond the darkness of the rabbit hole, beyond the realm of normal shaving gear, I have accepted my SAD, and now embrace it. :LOL:. Between you, I, and many other members we have a decent repository of shaving soaps for this forum to reference.

End of this month if all goes well, I will start to dismantle the temporary shave den once more. I think I am close to 300 soaps, maybe just over. Some I will send away to lands afar, some I will keep locked away, some I will BST. As I pull them apart I will name and number them for you.

s11.png

Oh come on, with the scent associations you have for RAWR or just the shear setting, can there be a 'rough' shave in paradise.
(I'm just jealous)

H-SOTD

A6-C88-CD0-69-E2-4731-9-AB9-1-F68975-EE714.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot Shower & Neutrogena Hydroboost cleanser
Brush: TF Custom with 26mm Tux Knot
Soap: Sterling - Ozark (sample)
Razor: The Leaf (only 2 of 3 blades used)
Blade: Astra - Superior Platinums
Post-shave: Weleda - Skinfood Light

PM shave today - had snooze button issues this morning.

Another nickless shave! Another great little sample from Artisan Arcade.

Sterlings - Ozark smells like the morning after a lumberjack party - very mossy, very piney, very green. I’ve had to sniff, sniff, and res off this scent. I’m still on the fence as to whether I do or don’t like the smell. It’s rich, complex, but I just don’t know whether it’s for me.

Astra blades - did what they said on the tin. The more I use them the more I think that if I was to ever buy someone their first wet razor I’d give them a 100pck of Astras.

Post shave it was the alum block followed by Skin Food.

This one is more befitting of my current situation. I am beyond the darkness of the rabbit hole, beyond the realm of normal shaving gear, I have accepted my SAD, and now embrace it. :LOL:. Between you, I, and many other members we have a decent repository of shaving soaps for this forum to reference.

End of this month if all goes well, I will start to dismantle the temporary shave den once more. I think I am close to 300 soaps, maybe just over. Some I will send away to lands afar, some I will keep locked away, some I will BST. As I pull them apart I will name and number them for you.
Maybe its time for a Weekly Soap Review Thread to rival that of the razor guru @Errol...?

@rhodes96

When P&C members “dismantle” collections is there a certain webpage / FB group / part of the forum where they get auctioned to a new home?
C

Pre-shave:- Shower
Brush:- Sawdust Creations
Soap:- The Gentlemen's Quarter Bay Rum w/Sweet Orange
Razor:- 66’ L1 Slim@5
Blade:- Vintage Gillette Super Stainless (9)
Aftershave:- Ogallala Bay Rum & Sandalwood

SstcqAc.jpg

I hope it's not a quarantine restriction of wherever you're going that you have to boil your disembodied head in caustic soda before hammering in all those nails - or are those self-drilling screws?

I also hope your sojourn in said far-flung lands doesn't involve an absence from P&C?

Astra blades - did what they said on the tin. The more I use them the more I think that if I was to ever buy someone their first wet razor I’d give them a 100pck of Astras.
I'm sure that's what they're hoping. The Astra SP is as middle of the road as they get, and totally reliable, and for probably the same reason, I haven't used them for some time. (Some people really like the Astra SS Blues, which are a bit sharper, but I couldn't get along with them.) Since i embraced (though not literally) the Gillette 7OC Yellow, I haven't looked at many of my other blades, even the Feathers.

Status
Not open for further replies.