****first ever DE shave!!!!***

F42-E1-E72-EB0-A-4-A4-E-87-D4-428151-FBBCBF.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot Shower & Neutrogena Hydroboost cleanser
Brush: TF Custom with 26mm Tux Knot
Soap: Sterling - Agar (sample)
Razor: Merkur 34c
Blade: Astra - Superior Platinums
Post-shave: Weleda - Skinfood Light

PM shave again today - as I was expecting the parcel from Beard&Blade - which contained my first ever DE razor.

First shave went well - very slow and steady. Completed 2 passes - which I think achieved a normal persons 1 pass shave .... as I got to grip with angles and bite. Only 1 nick - and completely my fault. Getting abit cocky and quick at the end - managed to trim a mole :(

Sterlings - Agar...... great, thick, full lather. All 3 samples so far have had great lathers. Similar to the B&M excelsior soaps, but not as thick as the moon soap lathers.

Agar - what a smell. Less complex then executive man and Ozark mountains. I guess it smells like a Genies lamp - exotic spices, cedar & musk. Not as heavy as the other scents. Post shave there is a very subtle lingering of scent - it seems to have blended with my moisturiser.

Post shave it was the alum block followed by Skin Food.

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: TF Customs - custom 24mm 2 band finest
Soap/Cream: Noble Otter - Hamami
Razor: Razorock - Lupo SS 95
Blade: Gillette - King C Gillette (11)
Post-shave: Noble Otter - Hamami AS splash / Nivea Men - Sensitive moisturiser

2 Pass WTG = DFS+ daily shave. Another brilliant shave with this razor and blade combo.

The Soap, Noble Otter - Hamami. Scent strength medium to strong for both soap and splash. Scent notes above. @Gargravarr sorry, curiosity got the better of me, and I had to open your secret sabbatical stash.:D Yes it was well worth it.

This was my first use of Hamami, and let me say I am impressed especially with with the splash. A fairly floral forward lighter Oriental scent that has two standout notes that add a little masculinity and earthiness. Wet stone, is many scents in a scent. Wet stone consists of marine air, salt, seaweed, water lily, lotus, iris, violet and softened a bit with minerals, amber and musk. For those that use or have tried Hamami, swore it had musk in it, and did not see it in the scent notes, your not crazy, and your sense of smell is well attuned. Likewise for the saltiness, and ozone type scent. This is all wrapped up together in this mix of FO called Wet stone.

The other scent note I enjoyed which really gives it some earthiness punch is the Saffron. Saffron gives a smooth, spicey, peppery, earthiness to the scent and compliments the sandlewood really well.

The splash is alot more wet stone upfront than the soap, with a floral, sandlewood, saffron, and a little powerdeiness from the tonka bean on the dry down that lasts for several hours. I could smell it for about 5-6 hours afterwoods on my intial use of it. Overall I enjoyed Hamami, and for a lighter oriental scent, I found it unusually surprising.(y)

Last edited:
@Gargravarr sorry, curiosity got the better of me, and I had to open your secret sabbatical stash.:D Yes it was well worth it.
You're welcome. ;) You and Mrs Gargravarr can share the key. :LOL:

You'll understand now why I might say that scent can be pretty polarising. Mrs G describes it, among other things, as "that noisome stench". :rolleyes:

You're welcome. ;) You and Mrs Gargravarr can share the key. :LOL:

You'll understand now why I might say that scent can be pretty polarising. Mrs G describes it, among other things, as "that noisome stench". :rolleyes:

Next time round, add a little slither of Hamami soap to your washing machine next time Mrs G does a load, and compliment her on how fresh your clothes smell. :)

@Mark1966 showed us his, so here's mine...

1.png

Pre-shave: Hot water, Pears soap
Brush: Forgotten Art "Southern Skies" 30mm Snow Leopard
Soap/Cream: Stirling Bergamot Lavender
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Chinese no-name (Tyrael?) AC blade from Yaqi Shaving (4)
Post-shave: Shower, Nivea balm, La Roche-Posay Hyalu B5 and Anthelios SPF50+

These Chinese blades are definitely not the smoothest I have by any stretch, but they are quite decently sharp. I couldn't use them every day though, so this pack of 100 is going to last a long time...

Pre-shave:- Shower
Brush:- Semogue - Excelsior 1470 Boar Brush
Soap:- The Gentlemen's Quarter Bay Rum w/Sweet Orange
Razor:- 66’ L1 Slim@5
Blade:- Vintage Gillette Super Stainless (10)
Aftershave:- Ogallala Bay Rum & Sandalwood

LUvJVb4.jpg

Highly recommend The Gentlemen's Quarter Bay Rum w/Sweet Orange for any P&C bay rum lovers or anyone wanting to try a different Artisan.
Very slick base with amazing scents. Decided to have BOARing "load and go" today and lathered beautifully.
Vintage blade dulled after 8 shaves, still smooth but not as sharp.

First shave went well - very slow and steady. Completed 2 passes - which I think achieved a normal persons 1 pass shave .... as I got to grip with angles and bite. Only 1 nick - and completely my fault. Getting abit cocky and quick at the end - managed to trim a mole :(
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.