Shave of the Day Thread - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Butterscotch 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Cella Red Tub
Razor/Blade:- Gillette New Short Comb 1930 / Gillette Stainless (red & white pack) #5
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Davidoff Cool Water Night Dive

Last ONE for a while:

20210212.jpg

Alpha T-400 boar
Declaration Grooming's Trismegistus
Darwin two piece
Astra SP (4)
Nivea Deep aftershave

Terre D'Hermès
what a beautiful looking razor

hPn4LBBl.jpg

Brush: Grizzly Bay
Razor: Tatara Hybrid
Blade: Gillette yellow (2)
Lather: Barrister and Mann SH Sandalwood
Post Shave: Barrister and Mann Paganini Violin - Balm

Used a sample of the SH Sandalwood today. Really nice soap I wish I didn’t miss out on. Performance was top notch as to be expected.

The Masamune cap and Nodachi base plate is my preferred combo for a close shave that’s still extremely comfortable. Add the Gillette yellow and it’s super super smooth.

Nothing sandalwoody to use for an aftershave so just went with PV balm. A delightful scent that remains around for a decent time afterwards.

MzaEWxE.jpg

• Razor: Yaqi Katana/WCS Stainless handle
  • Blade: Bic Chrome Platinum (half)
  • Brush: Yaqi 26mm Timberwolf
  • Soap: Wholly Kaw - King of Oud (vegan)
Before anyone asks, this was a "satisfy my curiosity" purchase from a while back. There's a ton of blade exposure and chatter, so basically like a shavette with a handle. Pulled it out for a shave because someone asked a question about it on the Reddit shaving sub and I gave it a run for old time's sake. Not a great shave, but at least I didn't cut myself. 2-pass DFS-. I haven't given up on the idea of SE razors. I'd like to pick up a Blackland Vector someday, when I have more disposable monez.

IMG-20210213-190947.jpg

Brush: Graydog Arizona Mesquite 28mm Maggard SHD
Razor: Muhle Rocca V4 R95 Birch Bark
Blade: Wizamet S.I (5)
Pre: Shower
Soap: Wolf Pac Ice Pac
Post: AP Reserve Passione Splash // Milkman Grooming Spring Rider Serum
WTG, ATG, Touchups = BBS+++

S.A.B.A.T.T.I.C.A.L!!! :love::love::love:

Stay Safe & Happy Shaves!

s12.png

(Picture recycled in the interests of the environment)

Pre-shave: Hot water, Pears soap
Brush: Forgotten Art "Southern Skies" 30mm Snow Leopard
Soap/Cream: Castle Forbes Lavender
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Kai PINK (1)
Post-shave: Shower, Nivea balm, La Roche-Posay Hyalu B5 and Anthelios SPF50+

Giving myself a bit of a treat with the Kai blade, of which I have a very small stash until my sabbatical year is over. ((y)@Pbgoose ) I think these are my favourite AC blades, very closely followed by the Schick Proline. Continuing my lavender theme, which i never stray from for very long, can't get enough of it. The only problem with products scented with lavender EO is that the scent dissipates disappointingly quickly.

what a beautiful looking razor
It is beautiful, old, rare, expensive and I think personally the better in the Darwin series. Worth it, no. Spend your money on a modern razor. Don't bother going down this rabbit hole.

No shave today ...

... things are clearly going further downhill!
Clearly, and noted

What was your excuse?
The cart ate all your butterscotch.

Yeah, we noticed the forum admin used a cart razor and photoshopped a brush in there. Travelling.. no one travels anymore during Covid times unless you are sniffing the shave foam cans again?

Last edited:
Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: @Tony Forsyth P&C LE 2019 Auction shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Noble Otter Two Kings shaving soap
Razor: Muhle Rocca R95
Blade: Personna 'Lab Blue' (1)
Post-shave: Noble Otter Two Kings splash
Fragrance: Penhaligon's Halfeti EDP

Back in the saddle and it feels good.

The shave seems different just using such a wonderful brush and razor!

Stand down @RustyBlade, all is well now.

JrmCRYSl.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: @Tony Forsyth P&C LE 2019 Auction shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Noble Otter Two Kings shaving soap
Razor: Muhle Rocca R95
Blade: Personna 'Lab Blue' (1)
Post-shave: Noble Otter Two Kings splash
Fragrance: Penhaligon's Halfeti EDP

Back in the saddle and it feels good.

The shave seems different just using such a wonderful brush and razor!

Stand down @RustyBlade, all is well now.

JrmCRYSl.jpg
Good to see you're still happy with the 2 Kings. It's one of my top 5, but I'm keeping it as a treat for winter.

Good to see you're still happy with the 2 Kings. It's one of my top 5, but I'm keeping it as a treat for winter.

a little Autumnal in Canberra this morning - that was my excuse!

Pre-shave: Hot water, Pears soap
Brush: Forgotten Art "Southern Skies" 30mm Snow Leopard
Soap/Cream: Castle Forbes Lavender
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Kai PINK (2)
Post-shave: Shower, Nivea balm, La Roche-Posay Hyalu B5 and Anthelios SPF50+

A perfect shave for a perfect balmy summer morning in Tassie.

Pre-shave: splash of warm water followed by a light application of King of Shaves gel while working up my lather
Bowl/Scuttle: Turkish tin plate shaving bowl
Brush: Semogue 830 - all important red handle
Soap/Cream: Pears soap 'puck' and Gillette Pure shaving cream with a few drops each of peppermint oil and glycerine
Razor/Blade: Gillette Super Speed which I believe is '66 (even though it has F2 marking not L2) with Gillette 7 O'clock Green blade
Post/After-shave: T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel, Nivea Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm, Headblade Glossy on dome
Fragrance: none
Passes: 3-pass face, 2-pass neck, single pass on head - very light tidy up with Schick I1 injector

Head shave Razor/Blade: Leaf Shave with Derby's

I pressed and lathered the 'puck' (really just the remains of a Pears soap block/cake) in the shave bowl, adding some Gillette Pure for extra body. lather came out great.

a bit annoyed with myself that I have never shaved with a Super Speed despite acquiring several during my RAD outbreaks. such a nice razor to shave with, easy to manoeuvre and easily handled 2-3 three days growth with almost no need for touch ups with the Schick.

Status
Not open for further replies.