Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: TF Customs - P&C charity auction ivory 24mm 2 band finest
Soap/Cream: Ethos - Succes
Razor: Razorock - Lupo SS 95
Blade: Gillette - King C Gillette (13)
Post-shave: Fine Accoutraments - Platinum AS splash / A&E - Post Shave Serum

2 Pass WTG = DFS+ daily shave. Another brilliant shave with this razor and blade combo. I wish these King C Gillette blades were available in bulk. Outstanding modern razor blade.

The soap, Ethos - Succes. Scent strength medium off the puck and while lathering.
Scent notes as per above. The scent of this soap is an homage to Creed Aventus with a fairly pineapple forward top note. No need to describe the rest of the scent as most of you are very familar with Aventus. I enjoy the artisans interpretation of the scent, being pineapple forward really gives the scent some staying power.

The artisan mentions that there are 36 skin nourishing ingredients in the soap to benefit the skin. I have used the product 3 times now, and found the soap reallly well balanced in relation to ease of lathering, residual slickness, cushioning, post shave feel. I have read reviews where they mention a lack of residual slickness. I had no issues whatsoever, no weepers, no cuts, no dragging. What I did find was that post shave time, the face felt fresh, breathable and ready for a post shave product, where as most soaps I have used as of late the face already felt like you had applied post shave products without actually doing so. This aspect in relation to Post shave feel, I would consider a personal preference.

For me I like the scent, the ingredients, and the shaving experience, very well balanced in all those departments.(y)

SUNDAY ‌02/14/21 SOTD
iKon ShaveCraft Tech 104 / Nacet
AP Shave Co. 24mm Gelousy SHD
Ariana & Evans Ouddiction Shaving Soap & AS

6SOOPHv.jpg

H-SOTD (14.02.21)

1-BA1052-C-2-D7-B-477-E-9-C6-E-9-E6710-EA337-E.jpg

Pre-shave: Neutrogena Hydroboost cleanser
Brush: TF Custom with 26mm Tux Knot
Soap: Moonsoaps - Union
Razor: Merkur 34c
Blade: Astra - Superior Platinums (Shave #2)
Post-shave: Weleda - Skinfood Light

I might just be getting the hang of this DE shaving malarkey. Adopted a new approach today with the Merkur 34c - just held it using2 fingers and a thumb on the end of the handle as if it were a marble. Managed a pretty clean shave in 1 pass with 0 nicks!!! BOOM!!!

Gosh I love the Moonsoaps - Union. Never fails to produce a thick, creamy, mouse of a lather. A very subtle buttery / oily smell - love it. In the future I’m going to need to get my hands on a sample of their Sorrento soap I think :) I also think I might have to try this with a few freeze drops in on a hot day.

Post shave I kept it simple with skinfood. I suspect that there’s another 6 months of post shave moisturising left in the skinfood tube lol

Enjoy your Sunday!

C

Brush: TF Customs - P&C charity auction ivory 24mm 2 band finest
Soap/Cream: Ethos - Succes
Razor: Razorock - Lupo SS 95
Blade: Gillette - King C Gillette (13)
Post-shave: Fine Accoutraments - Platinum AS splash / A&E - Post Shave Serum

2 Pass WTG = DFS+ daily shave. Another brilliant shave with this razor and blade combo. I wish these King C Gillette blades were available in bulk. Outstanding modern razor blade.

The soap, Ethos - Succes. Scent strength medium off the puck and while lathering.
Scent notes as per above. The scent of this soap is an homage to Creed Aventus with a fairly pineapple forward top note. No need to describe the rest of the scent as most of you are very familar with Aventus. I enjoy the artisans interpretation of the scent, being pineapple forward really gives the scent some staying power.

The artisan mentions that there are 36 skin nourishing ingredients in the soap to benefit the skin. I have used the product 3 times now, and found the soap reallly well balanced in relation to ease of lathering, residual slickness, cushioning, post shave feel. I have read reviews where they mention a lack of residual slickness. I had no issues whatsoever, no weepers, no cuts, no dragging. What I did find was that post shave time, the face felt fresh, breathable and ready for a post shave product, where as most soaps I have used as of late the face already felt like you had applied post shave products without actually doing so. This aspect in relation to Post shave feel, I would consider a personal preference.

For me I like the scent, the ingredients, and the shaving experience, very well balanced in all those departments.(y)
Great write up of a soap that comes highly recommended by our mate Graydog and one I hope to try at a later date! ;)

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Taj Resin 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Noble Otter/APR ~ Jungle Warrior (Limited Edition)
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34C / Gillette Nacets #9
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Tonight Tipple:- Balvenie Caribbean Cask 14yrs Old

. I'd like to pick up a Blackland Vector someday, when I have more disposable monez.
Find the monez, it'll change your life. OK, I might be exaggerating (but not much), but it'll be monez well spent. At worst, if you decide you don't like it (!), you should be able to recover the cost by putting it up on BST.

But there's a reason why you NEVER see these razors on the BST.

IMG-20210214-214056.jpg

Brush: Alpha T-400 Frank Shaving 24/52mm G4
Razor: Karve Brass SB (D plate) + WCS brass handle
Blade: Wizamet S.I (6)
Pre: Shower
Soap: Tabala Rasa Dezember
WTG, ATG, Touchups = DFS

Stay Safe & Happy Shaves!

Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpsonshaving brush
Soap/Cream: APR Fougere Trois shaving soap
Razor: Muhle Rocca R95
Blade: Personna 'Lab Blue' (2)
Post-shave: APR Fougere Trois splash
Fragrance: N/A

So good

6j3TkDDl.jpg

x8HJdasm.jpg

Soap: Pb Spiced Orange
Brush: Omega 10083
Razor: Vector
Blade: Feather Pro Super
This is not the blade for me in the Vector. A little too much exfoliation going on. I'll swap it out for the Schick I've got in the General. The Supers go well in the General.

2-14-2021
Razor: Gillette Red Tip
Brush: TSC Anniversary Brush with Synthetic knot
Soap: Tobacco Flower from Moon Soaps
AS: Zi Peppino from RR

Lovely new green tobacco scented soap from Moon Soaps. Goes very well with the Zi Peppino from RR. Take care everyone.

Unable to post a picture. I may not have enough posts yet in P&C to have those priviledges. If anyone has advice on what I’m doing wrong please let me know. Tks!

Unable to post a picture. I may not have enough posts yet in P&C to have those priviledges. If anyone has advice on what I’m doing wrong please let me know. Tks!
Hi, you don't need any special privileges, it's just that P&C doesn't host them. Just put them up on IMGUR or postimages, then reference it in your post by putting the location of the image between
Code:
[img]...[/img]
tags by using the little picture icon in the toolbar of the post window.
HTH...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.