CREAM: Simpsons shave cream
BRUSH: Pearson Mason Best Badger knot
STROP: Dovo double sided hanging leather
AFTERSHAVE: Chanel Allure
ohNCNWX.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Squadron Soap Empire shaving soap
Razor: Vintage (rhodium replated) Gillette L1 Slim Adjustable (5)
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (6)
Post-shave: Squadron Soap Empire splash
Fragrance: N/A

5uivAbAl.jpg
giphy.gif

Pre: Shower
Razor: WR2 1.25
Blade: Wilkinson Sword Black
Brush: Yaki 24mm Mew Brown
Soap: B&M Seville

Todays shave was without doubt the best I have had to date with the WR2 and delivered an extremely comfortable and enjoyable shave. This razor is without doubt suited to a very steep angle and rewards you with BBS bliss.

51041098777_bbf7941c6c_b.jpg

SOTW
Pre-shave:
Shower
Brush: Simpson- Chubby1 Super Badger
Brush: Simpson- Tulip2 Super Badger
Soap: Reef Point - Submariner
Razor: GC-84P
Blade: Wizamet
Post-shave: Reef Point - Submariner

gDuBRV7.jpg

Charcoal Goods, Torpedo, Level 2, closed comb (4th Gen I think)
Chubby 2, Manchurian
MdC Fougere

Hmm, I think that this later gen level 2 is more aggressive than the earlier gen level 2 baseplates. I managed to nick myself this morning, which does not happen too often. Could have been the blade of course. Will try a Gen 2 tomorrow.​

s.png

Pre-shave: Hot water, Pears soap
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow Pony
Soap/Cream: Noble Otter Rawr
Razor: Razorock Hawk V3
Blade: Feather Pro Super
Post-shave: Shower, La Roche-Posay Hyalu B5 and Anthelios SPF50

The Super is a perfect blade for this razor, I think my experimenting is done. Easy DSBBS.

Last two shaves

IMG-20210316-170233.jpg

Brush: TF Customs Blue & Gold 30mm Tuxedo 2019 P&C Charity Auction // Graydog Arizona Mesquite 28mm Maggard SHD
Razor: Merkur 34C // Timeless Bronze SB
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (3 // 4)
Soap: Cella Red // Mikes Natural Soap Bay Rum
Post: Nivea 2 Phase A/S Lotion // The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 30 ml // Stirling Unscented Balm // P&B Imperial Bay Rum Solid Cologne
WTG, ATG, Touchups = DFS x 2

Plenty to like with my last few shaves but the blade worked better in the 34C than the Bronze SB.

Stay Safe & Happy Shaves!

Last two shaves

IMG-20210316-170233.jpg

Brush: TF Customs Blue & Gold 30mm Tuxedo 2019 P&C Charity Auction // Graydog Arizona Mesquite 28mm Maggard SHD
Razor: Merkur 34C // Timeless Bronze SB
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (3 // 4)
Soap: Cella Red // Mikes Natural Soap Bay Rum
Post: Nivea 2 Phase A/S Lotion // The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 30 ml // Stirling Unscented Balm // P&B Imperial Bay Rum Solid Cologne
WTG, ATG, Touchups = DFS x 2

Plenty to like with my last few shaves but the blade worked better in the 34C than the Bronze SB.

Trust me, this guy explains a very good reason to have a 34C or G into your den

Trust me, this guy explains a very good reason to have a 34C or G into your den

Oh I agree 100% @SpeedyPC and won't be moving on my 34C as its the perfect sized handle length and an ideal Daily razor which shaves smoothly and efficiently with a decent blade but just not an even regrowth like more modern DEs in my collection. Its a great match with the 37C.

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Taj Resin 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Noble Otter ~ Nectar Amissa
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34G / Feather #3
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- L'Occitane Baux

last few shaves

Pre-shave: shower
Brush: Semogue 620
Soap/Cream: Nivea Sensitive Shave Cream
Bowl/Scuttle: nil - face lather with the shorter lofted Semogue
Razor/Blade: Hawk V2 with Proguard
Post/After-shave: T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel, Nivea Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm
Fragrance: none
Passes: 2-pass face, 2-pass neck - G-Bar tidy up, not much required except for corner of mouth

have committed to using HV2 until I am getting great results. being aluminium it is light and like always pressure is my greatest challenge. I have three shaves with this razor/blade combo and each one gets better though I find it easy to get small weepers especially around the chin area and some soreness/rawness with too much pressure. the Nivea sensitive works well for me but does dry a bit quicker than I'd like so have been working on more water in the mix. it face lathers up a treat and I easily get 2-3 pass from one application of the cream, combines well with the short Semogue.

shave result overall is very smooth skin that lasts for hours. not going for BBS or even DFS, happy with CCS as only 2-pass but DFS (maybe even BBS) in the direction of the passes for sure.

so far so good.

IMG-20210316-224731.jpg

Brush: TF Customs Clear/Black/Yellow 26mm 2 Band Finest
Razor: Maggard V3A + MR11 handle
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (5)
Soap: Shaver Heaven Spiced Mahogany
WTG, ATG, Touchups = DFS+

An impressive shave with this setup as the blade paired well with the added efficiency of the V3A head. Great performanc from the unobtanium soap and the scent is quite pleasant - thanks again @mark123abc0 (hope you're well mate!).

Razor: Rocca R95
Blade: Wilkinson Sword Black
Brush: Yaki 24mm Mew Brown
Soap: A&E Peaches and Cognac

This blade performed very well, super smooth shave and would highly recommend it. The kaizen base is a very thirsty soap but given enough water is an amazingly slick soap and definitely in the top 3 for me.

Have I ever mentioned how much I love the scent of Peaches and Cognac :love:

51044348592_91fc50e860_b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.