Not open for further replies.
Pre-shave: Ach.Brito Glyce Classic
Brush: Omega 10083
Soap/Cream: Palmira
Razor: Schick Injector type E2
Blade: Chick (??)
Post-shave: Alum block, PAA Porthos Star Jelly, Adidas Pure Game
Other: Pinaud Clubman Greaseless hair tonic
y4mHyP_xLQzflJLJjR04HLmC5F_WNY6VY4Ut6IbPzXb0T890J1V4QVa_vjajRMCbCXrZKbezvRfIMmp8rayNX9V6520IL88s7asTUI7YuLDLDdq6aoL24v8bL05MD1tqgRcwP_52iIQHEaDvceVFXKEM47bxch1qjgZhWySr9RQp8yXVJmOGtFnbdIQ-qRBUWpv

I always get a great shave when using a Schick Injector - reminds me to use them more often.

RAZOR: Thiers Issard 11/16"
CREAM: Arko
BRUSH: FS Best Badger knot / Jack the Barber Synthetic knot / Zenith natural timber & gold rim
STROP: Dovo double sided hanging leather
AFTERSHAVE: CK Escape
bdc3t5m.jpg

My first shave with Arko, and after the bucketing it gets for smelling like urinal pucks I was apprehensive. It had a great lather & I liked the smell, nothing like urinal cakes. It's going on the rotation once I buy a stick.

Pre-shave: Shower
Brush: Zenith unbleached bristle olive wood handle 506U XSE
Soap: Reef Point - Submariner
Razor: GC-84P
Blade: Wizamet (4)
Post-shave: Reef Point - Submariner

FnHf1q4.jpg

The new brush is a bit like me boaring and smells a bit funky (✿◠‿◠)

Pre-shave: shower
Brush: vintage boar
Soap/Cream: Gillette Pure Shave Cream
Bowl/Scuttle: nil - face lather
Razor/Blade: Hawk V2 with Proguard
Post/After-shave: T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel, Nivea Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm
Fragrance: none
Passes: 2-pass - Mach 3 tidy up, not much required except for corner of mouth

nice and smooth... :happy:

March 18, 2021 - A Rough Day

Prep: Hot Shower
Prep: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements - Cube 2.0 Scentless - Pre-shave Soap
Brush: The Stray Whisker - 452/24 Synthetic
Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89
Blade: Parker Premium Platinum (3)
Lather: PAA - Clubguy - Soap
Post Shave: Alum Block

I was hoping for a luxurious shave this evening. Unfortunately it wasn't the case. And definitely not theme related, the complete opposite of green, but red!

I have a few blemishes on my face, and unfortunately I managed to cut into both of them on my first pass. One of them bled quite profusely, it took a number of applications of the alum block to finally get the bleeding under control. I only went in for a second pass, and navigated around these two wounds. It was not my cleanest shave. So much for a luxurious shave. Oh well!

March 18, 2021 - A Rough Day

Prep: Hot Shower
Prep: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements - Cube 2.0 Scentless - Pre-shave Soap
Brush: The Stray Whisker - 452/24 Synthetic
Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89
Blade: Parker Premium Platinum (3)
Lather: PAA - Clubguy - Soap
Post Shave: Alum Block

I was hoping for a luxurious shave this evening. Unfortunately it wasn't the case. And definitely not theme related, the complete opposite of green, but red!

I have a few blemishes on my face, and unfortunately I managed to cut into both of them on my first pass. One of them bled quite profusely, it took a number of applications of the alum block to finally get the bleeding under control. I only went in for a second pass, and navigated around these two wounds. It was not my cleanest shave. So much for a luxurious shave. Oh well!

It will get better! Work on your angle and (no) pressure.

Also don't forget to properly map your beard, so you are actually going in the right direction...and of course one of the most important things: lather quality...

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Rooney shaving brush
Soap/Cream: APR Fougere Trois shaving soap
Razor: Vintage (rhodium replated) Gillette L1 Slim Adjustable (5)
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (9)
Post-shave: APR Fougere Trois splash
Fragrance: N/A

Nice - again!

82mBrm4l.jpg

RAZOR: Thiers Issard 11/16"
CREAM: Arko
BRUSH: FS Best Badger knot / Jack the Barber Synthetic knot / Zenith natural timber & gold rim
STROP: Dovo double sided hanging leather
AFTERSHAVE: CK Escape
bdc3t5m.jpg

My first shave with Arko, and after the bucketing it gets for smelling like urinal pucks I was apprehensive. It had a great lather & I liked the smell, nothing like urinal cakes. It's going on the rotation once I buy a stick.
Nooooo, maintaining the apprehension and not buying the Arko would be better.:LOL::LOL:

Pre: Shower
Razor: DE89
Blade: Feather
Brush: FS G4 23mm
Soap: MdC Rose

Three ATG passes resulted in another excellent shave with the DE89. This may well become my Friday shave, considering how smooth and mild the razor is to top off a full week of shaving.

51050287501_a04c2fc9b4_b.jpg

Last edited:
Bummer, no shave today. Had an early appointment and decided to take the extra ½-hour sleep :rolleyes:

24 hour ban coming right up ...

[come back when DFS at least]

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.