Shave of the Day Thread - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Ash Wood 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Noble Otter ~ Nectar Amissa
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34G / Feather #4
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- L'Occitane Baux

s.png

Pre-shave: Hot water, Pears soap
Brush: Forgotten Art "Tarkine" 26mm Tuxedo
Soap/Cream: Stirling Bergamot Lavender
Razor: Razorock Hawk V3
Blade: Feather Pro Super
Post-shave: Shower, La Roche-Posay Hyalu B5 and Anthelios SPF50

An abbreviated shave today thanks to urgent demands from Mrs Gargravarr. One-pass SAS only, feels a bit like I might as well not have bothered. :(

There is a matching bowl for the brush ;)
I often feel like kicking myself for not scoring one of his bowls, but luckily Tassie is blessed with some fantastic ceramicists such as Jilli Spencer, an almost-neighbour (in a community where everyone is dispersed so they're almost-neighbours). The bowl in Monday's SOTD is her work.

I often feel like kicking myself for not scoring one of his bowls, but luckily Tassie is blessed with some fantastic ceramicists such as Jilli Spencer, an almost-neighbour (in a community where everyone is dispersed so they're almost-neighbours). The bowl in Monday's SOTD is her work.

nice

H7pXyea.jpg

Razor: Muhle Rocca R96
Blade: Ladas SS
Brush: Maggards Granite 26mm Plisson
Soap: House of Mammoth - Mood Indigo

L5x3oQ9.jpg

Razor: Karve Brass SB-E
Blade: Astra SP
Brush: Oumo 28m TH
Soap: Barrister & Mann - O'Delight!

28RzsX3.jpg

Razor: Alpha Shave Co - Outlaw
Blade: Shark SS
Brush: Oumo 28mm TH
Soap: Noble Otter - Rawr

Didn't even realise I had used the same brush 2 days in a row until I put the pics up. I really should rotate them more often. I've been pretty lazy lately with the lathering. Badgers can produce a stellar lather, but I've found it to be easier and less time consuming with a synth. Maybe I'll save my badgers for the weekend when I've got more time for a leisurely shave.

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson shaving brush
Soap/Cream: APR Fougere Trois shaving soap
Razor: Vintage (rhodium replated) Gillette L1 Slim Adjustable (5)
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (8)
Post-shave: APR Fougere Trois splash
Fragrance: N/A

Nice

82mBrm4l.jpg

Last edited:
5MZgSYXl.jpg

Soap: Pb Clary
Brush: Omega 10098
Razor: Ever Ready 1912 Pattern
Blade: GEM (2)
AS: Pb Artemisia
Got Mrs Pbgoose's vehicle towed to the mechanic this week. Rats had chewed the wiring loom under the inlet manifold. $820 later and we're good to go. Only thing is how do you keep the rodents out. The mechanic said he had one vehicle back with the same problem 2 days running as the rats had another go overnight. Someone told me the ultra sonics don't work that well so I'm going chemical warfare with a bunch of Artemisia under the bonnet (just gotta remember to take it out before driving). Apparently the rats don't like it. I can only hope so.

Got Mrs Pbgoose's vehicle towed to the mechanic this week. Rats had chewed the wiring loom under the inlet manifold. $820 later and we're good to go. Only thing is how do you keep the rodents out.

That is crazy - who would have thought!

The mechanic said he had one vehicle back with the same problem 2 days running as the rats had another go overnight. ...

Now THAT would really annoy you

Got Mrs Pbgoose's vehicle towed to the mechanic this week. Rats had chewed the wiring loom under the inlet manifold. $820 later and we're good to go. Only thing is how do you keep the rodents out.
Employ the Evil Badass Horse @Blackie he LOVES rats

images

Last edited:
Got Mrs Pbgoose's vehicle towed to the mechanic this week. Rats had chewed the wiring loom under the inlet manifold. $820 later and we're good to go. Only thing is how do you keep the rodents out. The mechanic said he had one vehicle back with the same problem 2 days running as the rats had another go overnight. Someone told me the ultra sonics don't work that well so I'm going chemical warfare with a bunch of Artemisia under the bonnet (just gotta remember to take it out before driving). Apparently the rats don't like it. I can only hope so.
I like your chemical approach. Rats are a real problem here - both of our cars have had wiring eaten, and I've got a generator having its harness replaced right now. Last Christmas, I had a rat choosing the heater box of my ute as a good place to die, so I had to drive around with the lovely scent of Eau de Rat. I had to take the whole dashboard apart to get the little bastard out, a really big job.

Trouble is, wormwood just doesn't thrive down here, I think it must be too cold in winter. I can't use baits, as I don't want to risk killing any of our owls, so I've been trapping and drowning them.

Edit: our dogs are really good at killing rats, but trouble is, they're equally good at picking fights with snakes, and $3000 is an expensive vet bill...

Last edited:

Charcoal Goods, Level 2, Open Comb, Anchor handle + Astra SP
Simpson L.E. M6, Best, Tortoiseshell
MdC Fougere

I stand corrected, this base plate does have a similar feel to the Gen 4 level 2 that I used on Tuesday. However, to me, this plate feels smoother. This is strange as you wouldn't normally feel an open comb plate to feel smoother than a closed plate. If I could only have one razor, this would be the one. Two effortless passes.​

Looks to be a quality bowl. the resin ones are quite thick and heavy, but that's the trade-off I guess

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: TF Customs - P&C 2020 Charity Auction ivory 24mm 2 band finest
Soap/Cream: Zingari Man - The Explorer
Razor: Karve CB - SB (F)
Blade: Gillette - Silver Blue (1)
Post-shave: Zingari Man - The Explorer recovery splash / Unscented Balm

2 Pass WTG = DFS+. Nice shave.

2.png

Pre-shave: Hot water, Pears soap
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow Pony
Soap/Cream: Noble Otter Rawr
Razor: Razorock Hawk V3
Blade: Feather Pro Super
Post-shave: Shower, La Roche-Posay Hyalu B5 and Anthelios SPF50

A nice change from yesterday, slow and easy without interruption -> perfect DSBBS.

Status
Not open for further replies.