Shave of the Day Thread - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about all of Speedy's 'no shave days'?
giphy.gif

Is this a special rule for Tasmanians? What about all of Speedy's 'no shave days'? In a bad mood are we?

Ummmm, well I cannot implement a ban so it is all just hollow talk - just don’t let anybody know OK?

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Cherry Wood 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Noble Otter ~ Nectar Amissa
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34G / Feather #5
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- L'Occitane Baux

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: @Tony Forsyth PC Charity Auction 2019 shaving brush
Soap/Cream: APR Lightning Ridge shaving soap
Razor: Vintage (rhodium replated) Gillette L1 Slim Adjustable (5)
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (10)
Post-shave: APR Lightning Ridge splash
Fragrance: APR Lightning Ridge EDP

Thunder and lightning probably a more apt name today!

uPmlzqzl.jpg

Last Few Shaves :love:
IMG-20210320-092109.jpg

Brush: Alpha Shaving Brushes 34mm Silvertip // Yaqi 30mm Tuxedo
Razor: Muhle Rocca V4 R96 "Pimped'' // Charcoal Goods Gen 1 Antique Brass + Stinger V1 Handle (P&C 2019/20 Charity Auction LE)
Blade: Wizamet S.I (3)
Pre: Shower
Soap: Squadron Soaps Dispatch Rider
Post: Brut A/S Lotion // The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 30 ml // Stirling Unscented Balm
WTG, ATG, Touchups = BBS // DFS+

A super busy week so too lazy to post pics but the last few shaves have been highly enjoyable...

Stay Safe & Havre a Great Weekend!

s12.png

Pre-shave: Hot water, Pears soap
Brush: Forgotten Art "Southern Skies" 30mm Snow Leopard
Soap/Cream: Castle Forbes Lavender
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Kai PINK (?)
Post-shave: Shower, La Roche-Posay Hyalu B5 and Anthelios SPF50

However I might have felt about missing out on yesterday's shave, it made today's that much more enjoyable, a perfect DSBBS. I've lost track of how many days I've got on this blade, but as long as it's working like this, who cares?

RAZOR: Thiers Issard 11/16"
CREAM: Nuavia
BRUSH: Zenith 208 with Best Badger knot
STROP: Dovo double sided hanging leather
AFTERSHAVE: Proraso Red
nJLsNBN.jpg

First time using Nuavia, it's in a PIF. In the jar it looks and smells like an industrial adhesive, but once wet and on the face it smells great. I can't describe it, maybe a cinnamon note or two, but it smells nice, lathers well and is slick. A fantastic shave ending in a BBS outcome. Just the thing for a very rainy weekend.

OADUMoTl.jpg

Soap: C&B Red Dwarf
Brush: Platypus
Razor: Vector
Blade: lost count +1
Bowl: Bronze Warrior
Sliced the pad of my thumb cleaning the Ambassador yesterday. Fingers slipped on the wet metal and I thought 'just as well the safety bar is there' and then saw the claret on the cloth. Put some 'Dragon's Blood' (I think it was from Byron Bay medicinal herbs) dressing and a band aid and we're on our way. I think the Dragon's Blood helps to prevent infection and promotes healing but either way I recommend it. It dries and leaves a coating over shallow wounds.

OADUMoTl.jpg

Sliced the pad of my thumb cleaning the Ambassador yesterday. Fingers slipped on the wet metal and I thought 'just as well the safety bar is there' and then saw the claret on the cloth. Put some 'Dragon's Blood' (I think it was from Byron Bay medicinal herbs) dressing and a band aid and we're on our way. I think the Dragon's Blood helps to prevent infection and promotes healing but either way I recommend it. It dries and leaves a coating over shallow wounds.
Well recommended and I see they also make a Dragon's Blood Serum so bookmarked for a future purchase. Here's to a speedy recovery! ;)

OADUMoTl.jpg

This is probably the best picture of a Platypus - looks amazing :love::love::love:

Pre-shave: warm shower
Brush: Semogue 830
Soap/Cream: Nivea Sensitive Shave Cream
Bowl/Scuttle: Timeless grey bowl
Razor/Blade: blue Hawk V2 with Proline
Post/After-shave: T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel, Nivea Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm
Fragrance: none
Passes: 3-pass face, 2-pass neck - Mach 3 tidy up, not much required

my sample blades arrived from http://tryablade.com/ so gave the Proline P-30 a run.

happy with the first shave with this combination, certainly is a very sharp blade and adjusting to the extra width of the Feather AC over a DE has caused me to slow right down and concentrate on technique a bit more.

I'm really loving the Nivea Sensitive Shave Cream.

overall a very smooth satisfying shave. now to settle in with the chillibabe a movie and a few whiskies - great Saturday night!! :joyful:

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Ash Wood 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Noble Otter ~ Northern Elixir
Razor/Blade:- Muhle Rocca R94 / Gillette Stainless (red & white pack) #18 ... finished
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Burberry London for Men

Status
Not open for further replies.