Pre-shave: Neutrogena - Hydroboost cleanser
Brush: TF + 30mm knot
Soap: Sterling - Satsuma
Razor: Merkur 34c
Blade: Wilkinson Blue (Shave #1)
Post-shave: Welda - Skinfood light

89-B6-C52-E-CBF6-47-C7-83-CF-63-E3-B0-BBA499.jpg
Another great shave!

2nd shave with the new brush from Toby. Huge amounts of backbone, no lose bristles either. Absolute joy to use!!

Satsuma smells great!!! Loving the tallow base too. I think this is Sterling soap number 6 I’ve tried now and they have all been great.

Still loving those Wilkinson sword blades - ordered some yellow 7 o’clock blades after the recommendation.

Another New Blade

Prep: Hot Shower
Prep: PAA - Cube 2.0 Scentless
Brush: The Stray Whisker - 452/24 Synthetic
Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89
Blade: Derby Usta
Lather: PAA - Clubguy
Post Shave: Alum Block

It's new blade day!! Time to try a new blade from my assorted sampler pack.

It was an interesting experience with the Usta to say the least. The first few strokes felt rough, but after those, the blade strokes smoothed down and came out with a BBS shave.

I do have one question for the experienced users, do you find your PAA Cube "sweats"? Or am I just missing something?

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: @Tony Forsyth PC Charity Auction 2019 shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Henri et Victoria Cognac and Cuban Cigars shaving soap
Razor: Vintage (rhodium replated) Gillette L1 Slim Adjustable (5)
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (11)
Post-shave: Henri et Victoria Cognac and Cuban Cigars splash / balm
Fragrance: N/A

Spooky day, 21-3-21, 2+1 = 3 from either side ...

Yeah, OK, clutching at straws but a great shave !

1n8wdcal.jpg

gpZ6XOeh.jpg

Soap: Pb Spiced Orange
Brush: TF 2 Band
Razor: 'Damascus'
First use of the new TF brush. I hadn't got the details of this brush off Tony and haven't bothered to measure it, but it's really good. Lathering = superb Face feel = superb. I was holding off using it until I had a freshly sharpened straight razor so honed up the 'Damascus' last night and enjoyed a real treat. I haven't been using straights as much of late just simply due to lack of time for honing and the convenience of ready to use SE and DE blades so the blade feel off the straight was brilliant.:)

I was thinking the same thing, and I don't even own one. Seems that brushes with any translucency are really difficult to photograph well unless you either have something like a professional lighting setup or just get really lucky with daylight.
The overcast days we're having are making for nice light, plus the standard iPhone photo edits help.:)

First use of the new TF brush. I hadn't got the details of this brush off Tony and haven't bothered to measure it, but it's really good. Lathering = superb Face feel = superb.:)

Brush knot is a 24mm 2 band finest. Great little knots that work with no fuss and give exceptional lathers.

Brush: TF Customs - custom 24mm boss knot.
Soap/Cream: Declaration Grooming - Chaotic Neutral
Razor: Karve CB - SS SB (F) plate
Blade: Gillette - Silver Blue (2)
Post-shave: Declaration Grooming - Chaotic Neutral AS splash, A&E skin food nourishing cream.

2 pass WTG = DFS+. Another nice daily shave with this razor and blade combo. Once again falling behind on my Sotd's.

The soap, Declaration Grooming - Chaotic Neutral. Scent strength strong off the puck and medium, once lathered, and for the splash. Scent notes, Amber, Oak, Cardamom, Patchouli, Black Tea, Sandalwood, Bourbon, Tobacco, Clary Sage. The splash mirrors the soap fragrance.

Another warm masculine scented type fragrance soap from Declaration Grooming. This soap has common traits with the last few soaps released being Amber, tobacco, booze, woods, all creating warmth that's not dark or light and perfect for the colder months. This particular fragrance has a little sweeter note with use of vanilla, black tea, patchouli. The patchouli is prominent, though not overwhelming thanks to the spiciness of the cardamom, and the black tea which smoothes out the punchiness of the patchouli. On the dry down, all the scent notes are released fairly evenly, with my nose picking up light nuances again of the vanilla, black tea, and patchouli.

Overall another nice warm spicy masculine scented soap and splash from DG grooming. As much as I like the fragrance from the soap and splash I think it lacks a little sophistication in regards to justifying the purchase of the EDT, anyway time will tell the more I use it. (y)

SqaEOOG.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: P&C LE 2020 Matilda Rhodium 2-band Silvertip
Soap: Cold River Soap Works Glide Colonia Mediterranea
Razor: Wolfman WR1
Blade: Vintage NOS London Bridge (1)
Scent:TOBS Eton College

Very nice classic cologne scent from the CRSW Glide soap. As usual, the lather was very slick. A very light touch is required with the London Bridge/Wilkie vintage blade; the rewards being a very close and comfortable shave.

Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Mike's Natural Soaps Hungarian Lavender shaving soap
Razor: Vintage (rhodium replated) Gillette L1 Slim Adjustable (5)
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (1)
Post-shave: APR Lavande Violette splash
Fragrance: N/A

New week, new blade, same great shave

ML3N7vyl.jpg

RAZOR: Comoy of London 6/8"
CREAM: TOBS Sandalwood & Herbs
BRUSH: Jack the Barber Synthetic knot
STROP: Dovo double sided hanging leather
AFTERSHAVE: Proraso Red
uCkAPrv.jpg

Nice soap, with a strong sweet smell of sandalwood. TOBS seem to have strong perfumes, which I really like.

Pre-shave:- Shower/Proraso - Green Tea and Oatmeal Pre-Barba
Brushes:- Vintage Butterscotch Simpson “8” and Kent v5
Soap:- Proraso - Green Tea and Oatmeal Sapone Da Barba
Razor:- Lupo 95
Blade:- Wizamet
Aftershave:-Fine - Classic American Blend

5qDLcrn.jpg

New week, new razor, cracker shave to start the week, have a good one!

Pre: Shower
Razor: Muhle R41 + 6C Handle
Blade: Wizamet
Brush: Yaki 26mm Pony
Soap: B&M Cheshire

The R41 is a beast of a razor that delivers a very close and smooth shave. Love this razor and will certainly get a SS version next year. 3 passes delivered a truly enjoyable BBS shave.

51060610422_f3b3a5f95e_b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.