Shave of the Day Thread - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
51060352312_65519c939f_b.jpg

Brush: Maggard 24mm SHD
Razor: Karve Brass SB-D
Blade: Gillette Nacet
Lather: Noble Otter - Hamami - Soap

It's worth being a part of this great forum just for some of the amazing photography!!

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: TF Customs - Hybrid Malle Burl Chameleon Holographic 30mm Rhodium
Soap/Cream: Imaginary Authors / Noble Otter - Telegrama
Razor: Feather - Artist Club DX wood
Blade: Schick - Proline (1)
Post-shave: Imaginary Authors / Noble Otter - Telegrama AS splash / A&E - skin food nourishing cream.

2 pass WTG, ATG + touchups = BBS. A long, and physically demanding shave, although at the end enjoyable. Still getting use to straight shaving with my left hand. The micro muscle adjustments to my wrist, shoulder, and pressure are slowly getting there, still nowhere near the level what I used to be able to do with my right.

The Soap, Imaginary Authors / Noble Otter - Telegrama. Scent strength is medium for both soap and splash. Scent notes, talc, lavender absolute, black pepper, teak, amyris, vanilla powder, fresh linens.

This soap is a collaboration between Imaginary Authors who provided the scent for the soap and splash, and Noble Otter who made the soap and splash. The performance of the soap is outstanding in typical Noble otter fashion. The scent I will try and explain. There is a strong woods notes presence, not your typical Sandalwood or cedar. This woods notes are of a more wet, sweeter, resinous accord. This would be from the amyris and teak. Over the top of these notes there is an even accord of vanilla, lavender, black pepper, talc. The lavender note is not your typical lavender, its very mild and kind of sweet. There is also a slight floral accord which to me is lilac/ jasmine type scent and also a slight hint of musk and an ever so slight hint of powderiness. This is most likely the fresh linens scent mentioned in the scent notes.

Overall An interesting spicy, woody, darker fragrance with some freshness which might be classed as aromatic fouguere, and great for Autumn or those cooler days. (y).

On a closing note, I wish Imaginary Authors brought out Memoirs of a Trespasser as there 1st collaboration soap and splash. This would have been a big seller for them and a two thumbs up from me as that is by far their most outstanding fragrance that appeals to the masculine masses and holds its own against the French fragrance houses.

Last two shaves 21/03 & 22/03/2021 AEST:

Brush: Yaqi 30mm Tuxedo // Alpha Shaving Brushes Kryten Ti 28mm UHD Manchurian
Razor: Muhle R41 // Merkur 34C
Blade: Wizamet S.I (4 // 5)
Pre: Shower
Soap: Squadron Soaps Dispatch Rider
Post: Brut A/S Lotion // The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 30 ml // TSW After Balm
WTG, ATG, Touchups = BDFS+ // DFS

Been super lazy with my SOTD posts so no pictures but some highly enjoyable shaves using the Wizamet blade. The R41 shaved smooth and minus the trade mark bite and glad to see a SS version available but well out of my budget range.
The 34C shaves comfortably but not as close as I desire, with patchy regrowth around my chin. :(

Stay Safe & Happy Shaves!

Last edited:
XZqKEuR.jpg

Razor: Muhle Rocca R96
Blade: Rapira SS
Brush
: Oumo 26mm Manchuria fan
Soap: Noble Otter - Firefighter

So it turns out, I had swapped out the Ladas SS I was using and replaced it with a Rapira SS and then forgot about it. So I've been shaving with it thinking it was Ladas the whole time. Lasted 10 shaves and is slightly better than Astra SP. Might keep an eye out for it if it's ever on sale.

eJNrO7p.jpg

Razor: Merkur 34C
Blade: Feather HS
Brush: Yaqi 24mm SHD geltip badger
Soap: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements - Lo Haiku

Quick 2 pass shave with an old favourite. Sometimes I just like to break it out for nostalgia.

Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Mike's Natural Soaps Hungarian Lavender shaving soap
Razor: Vintage (rhodium replated) Gillette L1 Slim Adjustable (5)
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (2)
Post-shave: APR Lavande Violette splash
Fragrance: N/A

Nice ...

ML3N7vyl.jpg

IMG-20210322-215103.jpg

Brush: TF Customs Clear/Black/Yellow 26mm 2 Band Finest
Razor: Muhle Rocca V4 R94
Blade: Wizamet S.I (6)
Pre: Shower
Soap: Squadron Soaps Dispatch Rider
Post: Brut A/S Lotion // The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 30 ml // TSW After Balm
WTG, ATG, Touchups = DFS+

Miserable weather but not letting that dampen my spirits - pardon the pun as its bucketing down outside. Can't really complain as others are doing it tough which is a real shame as recently visited the Nepean area and loved the sights/hospitality. My prays are with them during these difficult times! :cry:

Stay Safe, Warm, Dry & Happy Shaves!

cWQueT1l.jpg

Soap: Pb Green Parrot
Brush: Omega 10019
Razor: SS Hawk
Blade: Feather Pro Super (7)
AS: Pb Green Parrot
Travelling west. I think since last night I now cannot return home the way I came due to flooding but appears I can continue westward. Hopefully by Thursday I can get home.

RAZOR: Comoy of London 6/8"
CREAM: Razorock Blue
BRUSH: FS Best Badger knot
STROP: Dovo double sided hanging leather
AFTERSHAVE: Proraso Green
DqupBmo.jpg

Yesterday's shave was BBS & I woke up with a growth left after the 1st pass. Should I shave today? Yep, want to try the new Razorock soap. Smells nice & shaved great, worth buying.

Brush: TF Customs - custom 26mm black wolf.
Soap/Cream: Declaration Grooming - Cygnus X-1
Razor: Karve CB - SS SB (F)
Blade: Gillette - Silver Blue (4)
Post-shave: Declaration Grooming - Cygnus X-1 AS splash / A&E - skin food nourishing cream

2 pass WTG =DFS daily shave. Last shave was so efficient I couldn't shave again for 3 days. Damn you AC BBS shaves.:)

cWQueT1l.jpg

Soap: Pb Green Parrot
Brush: Omega 10019
Razor: SS Hawk
Blade: Feather Pro Super (7)
AS: Pb Green Parrot
Travelling west. I think since last night I now cannot return home the way I came due to flooding but appears I can continue westward. Hopefully by Thursday I can get home.
Stay safe mate!

Stay safe mate!
Me!? I is driven’ through dat water.
4 inches of water won’t stop me🤣🤣
LCsZAkUl.jpg

There was a fair bit of water laying around and only shallow where it crossed the road in a few places but by and large they haven’t had anywhere near the amount of rain as on the eastern seaboard.
Thanks @Razor Burn

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.