Shave of the Day Thread - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Razor: Wolfman Ti WR2 1.05
Blade: Feather
Brush: Declaration Grooming B13 Go Beyond Jefferson
Soap: The Club - Signature

Definitely prefer feather over Minora. They’re sharper, smoother and more comfortable, at least on the first use.
OrD9vBu.jpg

IMG-20211116-193300-2.jpg

Brush: TROYCRAFT Purple & Gold 28mm Boar - thanks @TroyTools
Razor: Muhle Rocca V4 R95 Birch Bark
Blade: Bic CP (2)
Pre: Shower
Soap: Shaver Heaven Honey Ale
Post: Alum // Milkman HQ Spring Rider Serum // Stirling Unscented Balm
WTG, ATG, Touchups = BBS

A little bit of redness on the neck and a nick on the chin but overall a smooth and efficient shave using this setup...

Stay Safe & Happy Shaves!

Pre-shave: Hot Towel
Brush: YAQI Marpat Jester Knot
Soap: B&M Terror
Razor: Ralf Aust 6/8" Natural Horn Scales
Post-shave: B&M Terror Aftershave Balm - This stuff is awesome and stayed cold for hours afterwards

tePc85el.jpg

Razor: Wolfman Ti WR2 1.05
Blade: Feather
Brush: Turn-N-Shave M3 Galaxy Sorby
Soap: Oaken Lab - Conservatory

The name pretty much sums up the scent, it smells like a sweet, humid greenhouse. Unsure if it’s something I particularly want to smell like but it’s a very well made scent nonetheless.
GP6ZfYA.jpg

ElqtWUN.jpg

CG Everyday / Nacet / Vtg. Butterscotch Opal 20mm Silvertip / ZM/B&M Nocturne Shaving Soap & AS

Soap & AS were 50 percent off at Maggard. Despite mixed reviews, I wanted to try this soap, hoping the scent and performance would live up to the artwork, which I love. No such luck. Unlike many reviewers, I didn’t find the scent objectionable. I just didn’t find much scent. Yes, once properly hydrated, the lather has the predicted consistency of sour cream. And yes, it does go flying everywhere. I’m glad I didn’t pay full price. Still got a decent shave, BBS in three passes.

Still playing it safe with accoutrements

Pre-shave:- Shower
Brush:- Shavemac Finest 23/46
Soap:- Proraso - Green Tea and Oatmeal Sapone Da Barba
Razor:- RazoRock HAWK v3 OC Single-Edge Razor
Blade:- Kai Captain Titan Mild - Pink (5)
Aftershave:- Stirling WHAM

CBYKZ3e.jpg

I am really finding it hard to put down the Hawk v3 OC. If this were a DE I would be bored already but the Hawk is both challenging and a joy to use.
Once I am finished testing different AC blades will be lending it out to enable/convert a few P&C members.
Anybody that wants R41/JAWS efficiency smooth enough to shave with daily and doesn't want to spend $450 on a high end DE I highly recommend trying Hawk v3 OC

Anybody that wants R41/JAWS efficiency smooth enough to shave with daily and doesn't want to spend $450 on a high end DE I highly recommend trying Hawk v3 OC
Well said. Whether OC or SB is your choice, the Hawk is stellar value for money by any measure. If I were shopping for mine (which was a gift), knowing what I know now, I would go for the SB "A" (aggressive) plate, which I think would give me a wider selection of blades to use in my comfort zone. But the standard plate is just fine with the Super to make it a bit more assertive. I expect many will be happier with the milder plate anyway.

The OC is a perfect all-rounder for a face shaver. Just a little overly toothy for my dome (much more so than eg the JAWS), but there's a bit more flesh on the face, so it didn't bother me there.

Well said. Whether OC or SB is your choice, the Hawk is stellar value for money by any measure. If I were shopping for mine (which was a gift), knowing what I know now, I would go for the SB "A" (aggressive) plate, which I think would give me a wider selection of blades to use in my comfort zone. But the standard plate is just fine with the Super to make it a bit more assertive. I expect many will be happier with the milder plate anyway.

The OC is a perfect all-rounder for a face shaver. Just a little overly toothy for my dome (much more so than eg the JAWS), but there's a bit more flesh on the face, so it didn't bother me there.
Some reviewers claim the "A" plate is the same level of aggression or even less than the standard plate.

Some reviewers claim the "A" plate is the same level of aggression or even less than the standard plate.
Really? Now that's odd. You'd think RR would have managed to get that right, they're not exactly inexperienced in this game. :unsure:

Italian Barber claim Hawk "A" is more aggressive than "OC"

The RazoRock team is proud to bring you our Gen3 Hawk, fully milled from 316L marine-grade stainless steel.

The Gen3 version is offered in three different levels of aggression.
  1. Standard Hawk which is perfect for those seeking a medium aggressive shave
  2. Hawk "OC" which is a level up in aggression and offers an open comb base with widely spaced teeth to easily tackle many days of beard growth
  3. Hawk "A" which is our most aggressive Hawk design offering the largest blade gap for those seeking the most efficiency

Italian Barber claim Hawk "A" is more aggressive than "OC"

The RazoRock team is proud to bring you our Gen3 Hawk, fully milled from 316L marine-grade stainless steel.

The Gen3 version is offered in three different levels of aggression.
  1. Standard Hawk which is perfect for those seeking a medium aggressive shave
  2. Hawk "OC" which is a level up in aggression and offers an open comb base with widely spaced teeth to easily tackle many days of beard growth
  3. Hawk "A" which is our most aggressive Hawk design offering the largest blade gap for those seeking the most efficiency
"So, I finally tried my v3 “A” hawk. It’s strangely mild. I did 2+ full passes, and didn’t get as close of a shave as I normally would with nearly anything else in my rotation.
The v3 oc is a lot more aggressive, imo, and I much prefer that."
From B&B:
https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/razorock-hawk-v3-in-stainless-steel.584531/page-8

"So, I finally tried my v3 “A” hawk. It’s strangely mild. I did 2+ full passes, and didn’t get as close of a shave as I normally would with nearly anything else in my rotation.
The v3 oc is a lot more aggressive, imo, and I much prefer that."
From B&B:
https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/razorock-hawk-v3-in-stainless-steel.584531/page-8
Cheers @klinker I read that thread and interesting theories of labelling errors while researching whether to buy "SB".
After reading that I was even happier to have the "OC" and assumed this was one of those instances where a larger gap does not equal more aggressive especially if blade exposure does not change or you ride the cap.

Cheers @klinker I read that thread and interesting theories of labelling errors while researching whether to buy "SB".
After reading that I was even happier to have the "OC" and assumed this was one of those instances where a larger gap does not equal more aggressive especially if blade exposure does not change or you ride the cap.
I have the SS Hawk V3 with the Regular plate which the IB aggression chart labels as Medium, while the OC plate is labeled Mediul aggressive:

grZLhAI.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Stirling Soap Co Stirling Gentlemen shaving soap
Razor: Charcoal Goods Generation 1 Level 2 P&C head with prototype stinger handle
Blade: Iridium Super (4)
Post-shave: Stirling Soap Co Stirling Gentlemen balm/splash
Fragrance: N/A

Sensational stuff! Got a huge day ahead finishing with a virtual event focusing on WA participants, so 9-11pm AEDT. Wanted to at least start with a great shave and did (y)

gsiM4rPl.jpg

Brush: DS Cosmetics Bikki 26/60mm badger/boar P&C Charity Auction 2021
Razor: Muhle Rocca V4 R95 Birch Bark
Blade: Bic CP (3)
Pre: Shower
Soap: Shaver Heaven Honey Ale
Post: Milkman HQ Spring Rider Serum // Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm // B&M Lime, Lavender, Cedarwood A/S Splash
WTG, ATG, Touchups = DFS+

I was in a rush this morning to take a photo but another great shave with the Rocca+Bic. Finally finished the soap and not really a fan as a very sweet scent compared to other Shaver Heaven soaps in my collection. The brush knot still feels rough on the face which I don't really bind as exfoliating during face lathering...

Stay Safe & Happy Shaves!

WR2 1.25
BIC
Olympiakos 2-Band custom by TroyCraft
Blue Devil Lavender Patch
RR XXX Splash

in the name of science and to help out the curiosity of @nav1 loaded the wolf with a BIC for todays shave.

Started to attack 2 days growth with a very steep WTG pass in the cheek and felt a little tugging, adjusted the angle and the tugging was gone..

wasn’t quite a neutral angle but not far off, and shave ended with 3 traditional passes with one extra ATG on the upper face..

conclusion was this blade was as smooth in the WR2 as my Rocca, sensational shave 👍

51688158075_b7608409bd_b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.