Shave of the Day Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

I like the idea of S.E.ptember and will keep this in mind for next year because I had already committed to P&C Charity month before sending the WR1 OC to @StratMan
SOTM thanks to P&C Charity auctions and generous donations from members
OTpGEwK.jpg

2021 - Wolfman stainless steel WR1 OC with WR2 Handle and WRA1 Stand
2020 - DC Blades 8/8” P&C TKM 2020 straight razor and matching brush
2020 - DC Blades Custom Kangaroo & Cotton Strop
2019 - Limited Edition Paste & Cut Shaving Bowl (Grey)
2018 - One of a kind Squadron Soap Splash & Soap
What will 2022 add to the den :unsure:
bh8Gjzy.png

What a great looking straight razor. May I ask about the grind and what type of steel was used to to create such a fine looking piece? My collection does not (at this time) include a custom creation, this is something I need to address before too much more time passes by.

What a great looking straight razor. May I ask about the grind and what type of steel was used to to create such a fine looking piece? My collection does not (at this time) include a custom creation, this is something I need to address before too much more time passes by.
Dion Curnow has been a very strong supporter of the P&C Charity Auction over the last couple of years, we could dare hope that he might feel inclined to do so again in a few weeks. :nailbiting: I always enjoy seeing this one putting in an appearance, it's a beauty. :love: Even though it can hardly be called a "straight" razor. :whistle:

Its surprising how big a difference a different knot can make to a brush and I'm really curious to try the G7 knot as a replacement for one of my below par badger brushes but have shied away so great job with the transformation. (y)
Yeah, this handle has been through several knots (yes, I'm a tragic), and I was almost ready to give up on it. I really like this knot though (though I won't say it's my favourite) and it's definitely a keeper for this handle.

Thank you @Mycroft47 as @Gargravarr mentioned Dion Curnow (@Substance) from https://www.dcblades.com/ has donated amazing custom razors to P&C Charity Auction and we will hopefully see another of his custom creations this year.

Here are details from the auction:

"This auction is for a DC Blades 8/8” P&C TKM 2020 straight razor and matching brush. The razor is made out of Bolher O1 tool steel & ground to full double hollow with special etching on spine. It included DCBlades made custom resin wedgeless scales, brass bullseye washers & pins. The matching hand turned resin brush handle comes with a choice of 24mm Silver Tip Badger bulb knot (as shown in some pictures) or a Synthetic Tuxedo bulb knot. All items were hand made by DCBlades in Australia except the bullseye washers and knots."

Here are links to previous custom razors at auction:

https://paste-and-cut.com.au/commun...yer-of-white-paper-steel-straight-razor.7122/
https://paste-and-cut.com.au/community/threads/dc-blades-8-8”-p-c-tkm-2020-straight-razor-and-matching-brush.6375/
https://paste-and-cut.com.au/community/threads/dc-blades-8-8”-gentlemans-monkey-straight-razor.5721/
https://paste-and-cut.com.au/commun...straight-razor-in-elvgren-pin-up-scales.5019/
https://paste-and-cut.com.au/community/threads/dc-blades-8-8-kamisor-in-purple-heart-box.5020/

Even though it can hardly be called a "straight" razor.
A straight with a big smile :)

Last edited by a moderator:
IMG-20220903-150017.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot flannel, Pears soap
Brush: CaYuen "Watermelon" 28mm AP G5A
Soap: Mike's Natural - Hungarian Lavender - thanks @Mark1966 (y)
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline
Post-shave: Shower, Thayer's witch hazel w/- cucumber, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+, Oxford & Cambridge cologne
COTD: Hamasil Village, Yemen

Remains of another sample that's been sitting in a drawer since January for some reason. It had dried out a little, but nothing that a little dihydrogen monoxide couldn't fix. I've got just enough left for tomorrow and that'll be it. Mike's is really nice stuff, I can totally recommend it. Readily available too, thanks to vshod.

LiHXDmO.jpg

Prep: Hot Shower
Soap: Tabac
Brush: Yaqi Moka ExpressTwo Band Badger
Razor: Gem Micromatic
Blade: PAL (1)
I am but a humble sausage steadfastly striving to NOT "smell like S#%!"
Careful Mycroft when using Tabac in warmer weather, otherwise, you'll smell very heavy and strong like a 500-pound bomb of TNT with exotic woods, musk, ambergris, and a floral complex.

Tabac is designed for Autumn and Winter.

PnS0eHm.jpg

2020 - DC Blades 8/8” P&C TKM 2020 straight razor and matching brush
2020 - DC Blades Custom Kangaroo & Cotton Strop
2019 - Limited Edition Paste & Cut Shaving Bowl (Grey)
2018 - One of a kind Squadron Soap Splash & Soap
bh8Gjzy.png

I am not the original owner of Squadron TKM set but what a lovely scent
The scent is comprised of Bergamot, Cardamom, Nutmeg and Amber.
What I imagine a tropical barbershop scent would be - slightly powdery pineapple or fruit salad plant without being overly sweet and cloying (y)(y)

z5g06tx.jpg

Prep: Country Life Tallow/Lanolin/Glycerin Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Rooney 1/3 Super Silvertip Badger
Soap: Los Jabones de Joserra Orris Root
Razor: Blutt BR-1
Blade: Vintage NOS Schick Plus Platinum (4)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Los Jabones de Joserra Orris Root Balm
Scent: Creed Royal Oud EDP

Spicy Sunday: The Clone Wars

RPUBMKV.png

RAZOR: Gillette ‘51 W2 Gold Aristocrat
BLADE: Gillette‌ 7 O'clock SharpEdge Yellow
BRUSH: Vtg. Ever-Ready w/new 18mm Silvertip knot
LATHER: OSP Old Gold Shaving Soap (Old Spice clone)
POST: B&M ‌Reserve‌ ‌Spice‌ Aftershave Splash (Old Spice clone)

Status
Not open for further replies.