Status
Not open for further replies.
2.png

Pre-shave: Hot flannel, Pears soap
Brush: Troycraft "Opalesque" 28mm AP G5C
Soap: Valobra + a drop of rose EO 3%
Razor: Timeless 95
Blade: Gillette 7O'C SharpEdge Yellow
Post-shave: Shower, Castle Forbes Lavender balm, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+
COTD: Elephant Hills, India

Onward with the Timeless. The blade clamping on this razor is really firm, so there is just a whisper resonating from that huge lather channel under the blade as it gently goes about its work. Another great shave. I'm already craving the blade feel of my SE razors, however, so I might go that way tomorrow and come back to this on Monday. Overall, I'm very impressed with this combination of mildness and efficiency, it's an outstanding piece of engineering.

It seems I beat another member to @Stratman's sale, and I'm feeling a little guilty about that. :unsure: So in the interests of sharing, I'm going to enjoy the experience for a few weeks and then release it. It's nice to renew my acquaintance with the old favourite Gillette Yellow, and I'm looking forward to comparing it with the Minora.

wQ0Q1D6.jpg

2020 - DC Blades 8/8” P&C TKM 2020 straight razor and matching brush
2019 P&C Charity Auction - Limited Edition Paste & Cut Shaving Bowl (Grey)
2019 P&C Charity Auction - Australian Private Reserve and Noble Otter TEXAUS​

SkyFfcd.jpg

Prep: Country Life Tallow/Lanolin/Glycerin Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Omega Pro 48 Boar
Soap: Art of Shaving Sandalwood (Valobra tallow base)
Razor: Blutt BR-1
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Platinum Royal (5)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Nelum Sandalwood Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Larrikin EdT

s.png

Brush: Forgotten Art "Southern Skies" 30mm Snow Leopard
Soap: Castle Forbes Lavender
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline
Post-shave: Shower, Castle Forbes Lavender balm, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+, Oxford & Cambridge cologne

SOTD – SUN 2 OCT 2022

SOTD-20221002-setup.png

Scent description: “A classic blend of Citrus, vetyver, leather and Black Pepper.”

Soap ingredients (old recipe): Potassium palmate, Sodium tallowate, Sodium palmate, Sodium palm kernelate, Aqua, Potassium palm kernelate, Glycerin, Parfum, Sodium Chloride, Petrolatum, Palm Kernel acid, Orthotolyl biguanide, Linalool, Limonene, Farnesol, Citral Tetrasodium etidronate, Pentasodium pentetate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Cl 77891.

Shave Result: Used a 1gm soap slice to generate a lovely rich, creamy and slick well hydrated lather, with 20ml of water added to the build. From the lather I get a fresh classic scent of citrus and other notes well blended aroma, scent strength 6/10. Another great smooth shave with the Yaqi Raster and Feather ProGuard blade, so a damn BGS (Bloody Good Shave).

🎥Shave VIDEO🎥

THE GEAR:

+ Pre Shave: Lucky Tiger Liquid Shave Cream
+ Brush: RazoRock “Butterscotch” 400 with 24mm Plisson
+ Soap: D.R.Harris - Windsor Refill Puck
+ Bowl: Yaqi Blue Ceramic “Duke”
+ Razor: Yaqi Raster SE with Yaqi MIDAS AL 94mm Handle
+ Blade: Feather ProGuard AC (3)
+ Splash: TN Dickinsons Witch Hazel with menthol
+ Balm: Natio Men Calming After Shave [A]
+ After Shave: Cussons Imperial Leather AS
+ Moisturiser: Nivea Men Creme
[A] = Australian Made

SEptember SOTN #22-24

IMG-20220930-133634-2.jpg

SOTD 02/10/2022

IMG-20221002-190341-2.jpg

Only a quarter or so of an old puck of MWF left but still delivers some quality shaves despite the pain lathering from the loose puck... :X3:

Stay Safe and Happy Bidding / Shaves! (y)

IMG-20221003-084835.jpg

Brush: Forgotten Art "Tarkine" piggy-wig
Soap: Mystic Water - Jeff's Lavender
Razor: Timeless 95
Blade: Gillette 7O'C SharpEdge Yellow
Post-shave: Shower, Castle Forbes Lavender balm, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+

Without sounding like a "fanboy" @TomG love the way your common as muck Omega Pro 48 Boar has awesome hooked tips without being sloppy noodles :) (y)
Cheers (y).
Used the old cold water overnight soak three days in a row to break it in when I first received it. After each soak, dried the tips with a hair drier - this promotes split ends, which are of course desirable in a shaving brush, but not for a person. Also, hand-plucked any visible coarse dark bristles from brush.
That, coupled with some vigorous use on hard soaps, and you have a $20 brush that works like a champ :) .

Getting in to O.C.tober
3MsIUJu.jpg

2019 P&C Charity Auction - Limited Edition Paste & Cut Shaving Bowl (Grey)
2019 P&C Charity Auction - Australian Private Reserve and Noble Otter TEXAUS
Gem Micromatic Open Comb (MMOC) with Gem blade (looks crooked but that's because I backed off the cap so the blade can dry)
Newly acquired M&F Heritage II brush with 26mm fan in ivory and ebonite

Status
Not open for further replies.