Shave of the Day Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG-20221003-084835.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot flannel, Pears soap
Brush: Forgotten Art "Tarkine" piggy-wig
Soap: Mystic Water - Jeff's Lavender
Razor: Timeless 95
Blade: Gillette 7O'C SharpEdge Yellow (4)
Post-shave: Shower, Castle Forbes Lavender balm, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+
COTD: Elephant Hills, India

...and again. Back when I used DE all the time, I never used to get more than four shaves out of most blades (less with Feathers). I think my prep has improved since then; I think this blade will be fine at least for tomorrow.

Getting in to O.C.tober
3MsIUJu.jpg

2019 P&C Charity Auction - Limited Edition Paste & Cut Shaving Bowl (Grey)
2019 P&C Charity Auction - Australian Private Reserve and Noble Otter TEXAUS
Gem Micromatic Open Comb (MMOC) with Gem blade (looks crooked but that's because I backed off the cap so the blade can dry)
Newly acquired M&F Heritage II brush with 26mm fan in ivory and ebonite

That brush sure looks sweet - works well?

dArhEsT.jpg

2021 P&C Charity Auction - Wolfman stainless steel WR1 OC with WR2 Handle and WRA1 Stand
2019 P&C Charity Auction - Limited Edition Paste & Cut Shaving Bowl (Grey)
2019 P&C Charity Auction - Australian Private Reserve and Noble Otter TEXAUS (one lather left)
Shavemac Americana D01 (3 band) 24/50 Bulb
Wizamet Super Iridium (5)
New experience today. After taming the lather froth by modifying the bowl and reducing agitation causing micro bubbles.
The stout backbone and slightly scritchy Americana produced more micro bubbles than other brushes used this month.
Nothing plenty of whisking couldn't resolve

Early flight, no pic but great shave

Just conscious too that -

The auctions will close Saturday, 8th October 2022 at 12.00pm AEDT (unless auction extended, see rules)

IMG-20221005-165155.jpg

Brush: CaYuen "Copper Ore" 30mm DSCosmetic G7
Blade: Gillette 7O'C SharpEdge Yellow (5)
Post-shave: Shower, Castle Forbes Lavender balm, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+, Oxford & Cambridge cologne
COTD: Shakisso Estate, Ethiopia

A departure into warts-and-all uncurated SOTD photographs...

SOTD pic? Not of my travel kit.

Anyway, obsessed by the -

Charity-Auction-Website-header.png

Don't forget-

The auctions will close Saturday, 8th October 2022 at 12.00pm AEDT (unless auction extended, see rules)

IMG-20221005-165155.jpg

Brush: CaYuen "Copper Ore" 30mm DSCosmetic G7
Blade: Gillette 7O'C SharpEdge Yellow (5)
Post-shave: Shower, Castle Forbes Lavender balm, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+, Oxford & Cambridge cologne
COTD: Shakisso Estate, Ethiopia

A departure into warts-and-all uncurated SOTD photographs...

How are you finding the G7?

How are you finding the G7?
The G7 is a real lather monster - see here... great value for money. Lots and lots of backbone, partially perhaps because it's so dense. I don't think I've got much more to add to my little summary here. I think the face feel of the AP Shave Co G5A and particularly the G5C are softer and more natural (and much more expensive). But for sheer kick-ass brute lathering capacity, the G7 is fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.