Status
Not open for further replies.
1.png

Pre-shave: Hot flannel, Pears soap
Brush: Troycraft "Opalesque" 28mm AP G5C
Soap: Vintage Yardley
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline
Post-shave: Shower, Castle Forbes Lavender balm, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+
COTD: Elephant Hills, India

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue Special Edition 2013 Silvertip 24/48mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Noble Otter ~ Logbook
Razor/Blade:- Blackbird SB SS Polished / Astra SP #1
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Tommy Hilfiger for Men

giphy.gif

B.B.A.D!

Last edited:
lkGAttO.jpg

Prep: Country Life Tallow/Lanolin/Glycerin Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Paladin Lava Flow Select Badger
Soap: Westman Utopia
Razor: Wolfman WR1 Head/WR2 Handle
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Bleue Extra (1)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Crown Shaving Co. Aftershave Tonic
Scent: Creed Tabarome Millésime EdP

Last couple of shaves. Finally renovating the bathroom so temporary setup in the kitchen

TxD3q3e.jpg

Pre-shave:- Shower
Brush:- Blue Devil - Doral (Native Olive) handle with 26mm AP Shave Co G5C knot
Razor:- Monocero Husaria MIX with RazoRock HALOED UFO Handle
Blade:- Treet Carbon Black Beauty (2)
Soap/Aftershave:- Reef Point Soaps - Command Presence / Stirling WHAM

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson shaving brush
Soap/Cream: APR Fougere Bourbon Rose shaving soap
Razor: Blutt WR-1 razor (1.2 mm)
Blade: Polsilver 'Brown' (4)
Post-shave: APR Fougere Bourbon Rose splash
Fragrance: N/A

Nice

yKlje5wl.jpg

1.png

Pre-shave: Hot flannel, Pears soap
Brush: Troycraft "Opalesque" 28mm AP G5C
Soap: Vintage Yardley
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline
Post-shave: Shower, Castle Forbes Lavender balm, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+
COTD: Elephant Hills, India

... And again.

Just as a matter of curiosity, what's that strange looking razor in your second picture? And is it any good? :D
The second picture is a slant, trouble is that model isn't available anymore.

Here's the new version of the Alpha Ecliptic click here

Old Version:-
IMG_3800-600x600.jpg

Sideview:-
37169394mf.jpg

Last edited:
Just as a matter of curiosity, what's that strange looking razor in your second picture? And is it any good? :D
As @SpeedyPC mentioned that monstrosity is the Bakelite PAA Alpha Ecliptic Slant and it rarely gets any usage as its got so much blade feel that I've yet to complete a full shave without nicking myself!

Silly me made an impulse buy of this one as well as the other since discontinued Bakelite OC Slant modelled after the famous Fasan OC Slant
and it too shaves horribly rough due to way too much blade exposure and I always end up cutting myself no matter the patience or slow strokes. (n)(n)(n)

As @SpeedyPC mentioned that monstrosity is the Bakelite PAA Alpha Ecliptic Slant and it rarely gets any usage as its got so much blade feel that I've yet to complete a full shave without nicking myself!

Silly me made an impulse buy of this one as well as the other since discontinued Bakelite OC Slant modelled after the famous Fasan OC Slant
and it too shaves horribly rough due to way too much blade exposure and I always end up cutting myself no matter the patience or slow strokes. (n)(n)(n)
The only razor I have consistently nicked myself with had to stop before I lost a few beauty spots :)
There are many other wet shavers who don't have any issue with the Alpha Ecliptic slant, maybe you guys are STILL stuck on your slant training wheels again.

There are many other wet shavers who don't have any issue with the Alpha Ecliptic slant, maybe you guys are STILL stuck on your slant training wheels again.
I seem to remember @Holiday used to have quite a collection of slants a year or two ago... :unsure: That's not a rabbit hole I've ever disappeared into. I briefly entertained the idea of getting one of those ATT AC slants a while back, but I gave up on the idea even before @Errol penned his review dismissing it as a gimmick.

Never had the pleasure of using the Alpha Ecliptic but had entertained purchasing a humpback slant a few times.
The two I had the displeasure of slicing moles with are Phoenix Bakelite Open Comb Slant and Fine Superlite

YJEM5pr.jpg

I seem to remember @Holiday used to have quite a collection of slants a year or two ago... :unsure: That's not a rabbit hole I've ever disappeared into. I briefly entertained the idea of getting one of those ATT AC slants a while back, but I gave up on the idea even before @Errol penned his review dismissing it as a gimmick.
Cheers @Gargravarr that was before the GC_84.P, Lupo and Timeless 6T8 opened my eyes to more possibilities, nowadays Hoffritz is the only one that gets a look at.

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Phoenix & Beau Spitfire shaving soap
Razor: Blutt WR-1 razor (1.2 mm)
Blade: Polsilver 'Brown' (5)
Post-shave: Phoenix & Beau Spitfire splash
Fragrance: Phoenix & Beau Spitfire solid cologne

Those slants! Wow, just give me a sensible 1.2mm blade gap DE anyday ...

HEusyo5l.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.