Tabac Soap / Splash

52485192800_054dbe60e8_h.jpg

1.png

Pre-shave: Hot flannel, Pears soap
Brush: Forgotten Art "Macchiato" Snow Leopard
Soap: Blue Devil Shave Co - The Lavender Patch
Razor: Blackland Sabre
Blade: Personna GEM Stainless
Post-shave: Shower, Castle Forbes Lavender balm, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+
COTD: Elephant Hills, India

I seem to remember @Holiday used to have quite a collection of slants a year or two ago... :unsure: That's not a rabbit hole I've ever disappeared into. I briefly entertained the idea of getting one of those ATT AC slants a while back, but I gave up on the idea even before @Errol penned his review dismissing it as a gimmick.
I have owned a few Slants in my time and find they generally shave on the milder side with the exception of the Wunderbar from Italian Barber/RazoRock which I found mid-aggressive yet comfortable but the PAA Bakelite Slant's are next level efficient with way too much blade feel for my comfort that the only comparison I have is using the iKon Tech which is one of the more aggressive DE razors available!

In comparison the R41, Blackland Dart or Timeless Bronze OC all share similar blade feel but I always manage/d to tame the shaves but no matter the angle, blade pairing or patience I still manage to end up a bloody mess using the Bakelite Slants so back into their boxes they go for another day when I'm feeling adventurous... :X3:

Never had the pleasure of using the Alpha Ecliptic but had entertained purchasing a humpback slant a few times.
The two I had the displeasure of slicing moles with are Phoenix Bakelite Open Comb Slant and Fine Superlite

YJEM5pr.jpg

Cheers @Gargravarr that was before the GC_84.P, Lupo and Timeless 6T8 opened my eyes to more possibilities, nowadays Hoffritz is the only one that gets a look at.
I suspect maybe the fact these Slants are made from super light Bakelite might add to the poor shave but whatever the reason I much prefer my trusty Merkur 37C as it provides a mild yet comfortable DFS every time.

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue 2016 Foro Afeitado Limited Edition Finest Badger 25/50mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Noble Otter ~ Logbook
Razor/Blade:- Blackbird SB SS Polished / Astra SP #2
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Tommy Hilfiger for Men

BqLEU5e.jpg

Pre-shave:- Shower
Brush:- Omega 620 Super Badger
Soap/Aftershave:- Reef Point Soaps - Command Presence
Razor:- RazoRock Hawk OC-v3
Blade:- Chinese No-name (4)

A big soft badger is not so bad when you bowl lather and paint on pre-made
Imminently posting a set finished all by myself in the finished products sssSSSOOOOONNNnnn....... ⌚⌛⏳⌛⌚

FTBCmTR.png

RAZOR: Karve CB brass 3” Gladius plate C Open Comb
BLADE: Gillette‌ 7 O'clock SharpEdge Yellow
BRUSH: Heritage Collection Ever-Ready 500E Gel Bulb
LATHER: Barrister‌ ‌and‌ ‌Mann‌ ‌Cheshire‌ ‌Shaving‌ ‌Soap‌ ‌
POST: Barrister‌ ‌and‌ ‌Mann‌ ‌Cheshire‌ Aftershave Splash

PXL-20221108-020642178.jpg

Brush: Forgotten Art "Tarkine" 27mm Ω boar
Soap: Barrister & Mann - Paganini's Violin
Post-shave: Shower, Thayer's witch hazel w/- cucumber , homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+

This soap sample, generously supplied along with a whole bunch of others by @MadFlava81 (thanks! (y) ) gives me the opportunity to finally try a soap I've been looking at for a while. Some of you might remember I have a bit of a thing about violins, so I'll get this off my chest: PV smells nothing like a violin. :banghead: To be fair, B&M never said it did, more like a combination of different, but similar flavours. The result is fruity and clean-smelling, and I like it. It goes without saying, of course, that the performance is excellent. I've no idea what base this soap is, but I don't really care. I'm not at all sure I could tell the difference without trying them all side by side, and I'm never going to bother with that.

But if they could produce a soap that truly smells like a violin (think of ancient, dry spruce and maple, oil varnish, rosin..) I'd buy it in an instant...

SOTD – Wed 9 Nov 2022

Aussie Wet Shave day

SOTD-20221109-setup.png

The Gear:

+ Pre Shave: Lucky Tiger Liquid Shave cream

+ Brush: Fuko “Aqua” with 26/53 Maggard Synthetic B&W knot [A]

+ Soap: Squadron - The Warden [A]

+ Bowl: Whispers From The Woods [A]

+ Razor: Fatip Black and Gold Gentile

+ Blade: Blue Sword by Lord (1)

+ Splash: TN Dickinsons Witch Hazel with Menthol & Tea-tree oil

+ Balm: Natio Natio Calming After Shave [A]

+ After Shave: LEA AS Lotion, Zero Alcohol

+ Moisturiser: Swisse Daily Face Moisturiser for Men [A]

[A] = Australian Made

PXL-20221108-020642178.jpg

Brush: Forgotten Art "Tarkine" 27mm Ω boar
Post-shave: Shower, Thayer's witch hazel w/- cucumber , homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+

This soap sample, generously supplied along with a whole bunch of others by @MadFlava81 (thanks! (y) ) gives me the opportunity to finally try a soap I've been looking at for a while. Some of you might remember I have a bit of a thing about violins, so I'll get this off my chest: PV smells nothing like a violin. :banghead: To be fair, B&M never said it did, more like a combination of different, but similar flavours. The result is fruity and clean-smelling, and I like it. It goes without saying, of course, that the performance is excellent. I've no idea what base this soap is, but I don't really care. I'm not at all sure I could tell the difference without trying them all side by side, and I'm never going to bother with that.

But if they could produce a soap that truly smells like a violin (think of ancient, dry spruce and maple, oil varnish, rosin..) I'd buy it in an instant...

That one is the latest base - Omnibus. Figarose and Rhapsody are the Soft Heart Series base which was just a limited run.

sqSM3M5.jpg

Prep: Country Life Tallow/Lanolin/Glycerin Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Semogue Owners Club LE 2012 Mixed Badger/Boar
Soap: Zingari Man Watchman
Razor: Wolfman WR1 Head / WR2 Handle
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Bleue Extra (3)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Reuzel Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Knize Forest EdT

J8ayHav.jpg

Brush: CaYuen "Watermelon" 28mm AP G5A

I really shouldn't use this brush with samples. The G5A has a tendency to obliterate them so there's nothing left for the next day... 😐

Status
Not open for further replies.