Status
Not open for further replies.
s.png

Pre-shave: Hot flannel, Pears soap
Brush: Forgotten Art "Southern Skies" 30mm Snow Leopard
Soap: Castle Forbes Lavender
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline
Post-shave: Shower, Castle Forbes Lavender balm , homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+
COTD: Shakisso Estate, Ethiopia

Gem Junior
Gem SS
Ever-Ready 100s
TOBS Grapefruit
Pinaud Clubman

The original Gem Junior. I believe the "Junior" was used in reference to the new flat blade, as opposed to the previous wedge blades, introduced in 1906.
How do you find the Potter & Moore? I came that close to buying a NOS tub just like that a few months ago, but I was really there for the Yardley.

Edit: Ah, my bad, just the tub. Never mind... :facepalm:

How do you find the Potter & Moore? I came that close to buying a NOS tub just like that a few months ago, but I was really there for the Yardley.

Edit: Ah, my bad, just the tub. Never mind... :facepalm:
Yeah nah, it came empty and free with a Slim I bought some time ago. I'd like to try the Yardley if I ever find a tub. I have a NOS tub of Colgate I bought a while ago but I haven't dipped into it yet.

Yeah nah, it came empty and free with a Slim I bought some time ago. I'd like to try the Yardley if I ever find a tub. I have a NOS tub of Colgate I bought a while ago but I haven't dipped into it yet.
I still haven’t touched my NOS Vintage Old Spice Mug soap yet :X3:

Always the latter. It's soap, and made to be used.
...and on that note I tried to use the Marco Method and floppiest badger in the den to finish off the Command Presence tonight, not quite there yet but it took a good hit.

Enjoyed using leftover lather in a luxurious body wash

This is how much was left after shaving :)
pPTvejT.jpg

Pre-shave:- Shower
Brush:- Omega 620 Super Badger
Soap/Aftershave:- Reef Point Soaps - Command Presence /Stirling - WHAM
Razor:- Tatara Masamune Nodachi with 89mm handle
Blade:- Astra SP (2)

Influenced by @errol’s review, I bought myself a Tatara Masamune Nodachi with the shorter original 89mm Handle dimpled all the way.

If first impressions are anything to go by this has impressed more than any other razor.
Beautiful smooth efficiency just under Karve CB-D Plate, smoother than a Timeless and more agile than a vector. A perfectly designed shaving instrument.

The only complaint is the fact the cap and plate do not clamp the blade firmly until the handle is screwed on. I like to know the blade is tightly held in place and aligned before the first thread is cut. However, that Tatara cap and base plate wriggled like jelly on a plate until the handle was firmly screwed in using shoulder of handle into base plate to tighten it all snugly into place. I think this is partially due to the amount of torque from the blade flexing and not just flatly clamped in place.

Despite this blade clamping issue and loaded with an Astra SP the Tatara Masamune Nodachi has made a very memorable first impression.

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Paladin McInroy Legacy Series shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Stirling Soap Co Haverford shaving soap
Razor: Wilkinson Sword 'Sticky'
Blade: Feather (3)
Post-shave: Stirling Soap Co Haverford splash
Fragrance: Stirling Soap Co Haverford EDT

I cannot get over just how good this setup is. Wonderfully smooth shave and yet not aggressive that needs to be carefully watched.

Just finished setting these knots (with the help of @TroyTools with guidance and making the spacer discs for me, thanks (y)) Been giving them both a good go at the same time to compare.

Used both brushes in the past couple of shaves. The G7 has more of a backbone (prob due to high glue bump) compared to both the lansky HD and the soft. The G7 with its back bone gives a different feel for sure, not sure which i prefer but both are really nice. At this time the Lansky remains my #1 but this may well be challenged with the G5C incoming shortly :cool:

Blackbird SS
Minora
DS Cosmetics G7 26mm
DS Cosmetics Soft 24mm
MdC Argumes
RAWR Splash

52497741031_f033c4df38_h.jpg

Blackbird SS
BIC
DS Cosmetics G7 26mm
DS Cosmetics Soft 24mm
MdC
MWF
Thayers Rose Witch Hazel
WK Chypre Rose Concerto

52497732041_429e25d9a4_h.jpg

MdC Monday

1.png

Pre-shave: Hot flannel, Pears soap
Brush: Troycraft "Opalesque" 28mm AP G5C
Soap: MdC Original
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline
Post-shave: Shower, Castle Forbes Lavender balm , homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+
COTD: Shakisso Estate, Ethiopia

SOTD – MON 14 NOV 2022
Just a Shave:

SOTD-20221114-setup.png

TOBS Platinum shave cream is my current kill soap for my “other” shave days and is slowly going down.

Also used for the first time is my new home set DSC “Green Jade” with a 22mm DSC Plisoft Boar bristle knot, that has had some of cleaning and Gel-tipping treatment, there was no smell and the tips were partially split, this knot is far superior to the standard DSC Boar knot, which is like a scrubbing brush IMO. The DSC handle has a 24mm bung hole that is only 13mm deep, so I set the 22mm knot (with Silicone) with no spacers and ended up with a 55mm loft. I did just one days knot cleaning and 4 test lathers and the knot already feels like a boar brush that’s been broken in for a few months.

THE GEAR:
+ Pre Shave: None
+ Brush: Dscosmetic (DSC) “Green Jade” with 22/55 Plisoft Boar knot
+ Soap: Taylor of Old Bond Street - Platinum Shave Cream
+ Bowl: Yaqi Black ABS “Duke”
+ Razor: Merkur 34c
+ Blade: Blue Sword by Lord (1)
+ Splash: TN Dickinsons Witch Hazel with Menthol & Tea-tree oil
+ Balm: Lucky Tiger Vanishing Cream
+ After Shave: Lucky Tiger AS Lotion
+ Moisturiser: Nivea Men Creme

SOTD – MON 14 NOV 2022
Just a Shave:

SOTD-20221114-setup.png

TOBS Platinum shave cream is my current kill soap for my “other” shave days and is slowly going down.

Also used for the first time is my new home set DSC “Green Jade” with a 22mm DSC Plisoft Boar bristle knot, that has had some of cleaning and Gel-tipping treatment, there was no smell and the tips were partially split, this knot is far superior to the standard DSC Boar knot, which is like a scrubbing brush IMO. The DSC handle has a 24mm bung hole that is only 13mm deep, so I set the 22mm knot (with Silicone) with no spacers and ended up with a 55mm loft. I did just one days knot cleaning and 4 test lathers and the knot already feels like a boar brush that’s been broken in for a few months.

THE GEAR:
+ Pre Shave: None
+ Brush: Dscosmetic (DSC) “Green Jade” with 22/55 Plisoft Boar knot
+ Soap: Taylor of Old Bond Street - Platinum Shave Cream
+ Bowl: Yaqi Black ABS “Duke”
+ Razor: Merkur 34c
+ Blade: Blue Sword by Lord (1)
+ Splash: TN Dickinsons Witch Hazel with Menthol & Tea-tree oil
+ Balm: Lucky Tiger Vanishing Cream
+ After Shave: Lucky Tiger AS Lotion
+ Moisturiser: Nivea Men Creme
That boar brush is starting to become a floppy paintbrush soon

That boar brush is starting to become a floppy paintbrush soon
Certainly should be floppy soon, this is a pretty good Boar knot by DSC and probably one I'll use again. I've got a standard DSC Boar knot and after two weeks of trying to break it in I gave up 😣 and pulled the knot from it's handle and put a synthetic in instead...lol

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger Taj Resin Wood 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Stirling Soap Co ~ Naked & Smooth
Razor/Blade:- Muhle R41GS SS / Astra SS #2
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Tommy Hilfiger for Men

Sl9T0Ww.jpg

Prep: Country Life Tallow/Lanolin/Glycerin Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Rooney 1/3 Super Silvertip Badger
Soap: Eufros Tobacco
Razor: Wolfman WR1 Head / WR2 Handle
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Bleue Extra (6)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Alpa Windsor Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Los Jabones de Joserra Orris Root Balm

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Paladin McInroy Legacy Series shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Stirling Soap Co Haverford shaving soap
Razor: Wilkinson Sword 'Sticky'
Blade: Feather (4)
Post-shave: Stirling Soap Co Haverford splash
Fragrance: Stirling Soap Co Haverford EDT

I get about 3 1/2 shaves from a Feather blade ...

WKmMxVs.png

RAZOR: Shield Polished Titanium AC Razor from Boti Brush
BLADE: Feather Professional
BRUSH: Vtg. brush w/Boti custom order 16mm silver tip knot
LATHER: OSP Neroli Scented Shaving Soap
This tiny brush whips up, holds, and releases a lot of lather.

Status
Not open for further replies.