Shave of the Day Thread - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
R1HSRAg.jpg

• Yaqi Remus
  • Feather Professional
  • DSCosmetic Ice Blue A2S brush
  • Spearhead Seaforth Black Watch
Finally can do away with the AC blade of Chinese origin and try this out with the MIJ Feather Professional. Only slightly smoother than the blade it came with, but I think this will improve with time. It's an interesting sensation shaving with the Remus. Head has almost no weight, and it feels like you're shaving with one of those mini zen sand garden rakes. Mild smooth shave with some tugging on the more hairier parts of my face, but I think that's more to do with the weight than the razor than any flaw. Good shave. Makes me want to explore more AC single edge razors, though I have to be mindful that these blades cost a significant more than regular DE blades. Will have to see how many shaves this one will last.
The blades might be a little more expensive, but they last much longer than DE blades. I usually get up to 8 shaves out of most of the Japanese blades, doing both face and noggin daily. I've read that face-only shavers can sometimes get 20-30. Also, buying in bulk helps. I got in 600 Prolines a couple of years ago, and they should last me well into my 70s. PM me if you'd like to try a few others. I have Schick Proline, Kai Captain Titan Mild (PINK), Feather Professional Super and Proshave S.

SOTD – Wed 11 Oct 2023

SOTD-20231011-setup.png

The Gear:​

• Pre Shave: Natio Men Shave Gel [A]
  • Brush: Billy Goat “Picasso” 26/56 Syn 2Band [A]
  • Soap: Blue Devil - Lust [A]
  • Bowl: Whispers from The Woods [A]
  • Razor: Yaqi “The Final Cut” Adjustable (Gibbs clone)
  • Blade: Shark Platium (1)
  • Splash: Imperial Bergamot AS Tonic with added Menthol
  • Balm: Natio Men Calming After Shave [A]
  • After Shave: Proraso Sandalwood (Red) AS Lotion
  • Moisturiser (Later): Swisse Daily Face Moisturiser [A]
[A] = Australian Product

H- SOTD 11.10.23

IMG-6709.jpg

Pre-shave:- Hot flannel
Brush:- Grizzly Bay w/ Fanchurian knot
Soap:- B&M - Le Grand Chypre
Razor: Blackland - Vector
Blade: Feather - Superior (shave#2)
Tonic: Lucky Tiger - Post Shave Tonic
Moisturiser: Neutrogenia - Hydroboost

Another B&M shave. I had a real good sniff of the soaps tonight and couldn’t land on what I wanted to use. Still really enjoy the B&M soap base - it has a sticky/stretchy/tacky feel.
The Vector shave was super efficient due to the wide blade. Had a few little weepers today - what I suspect is an ingrowing hair, and a small skin bump.

@rbscebu has very kindly agreed to loan me a SR so this could end up being my last DE shave for a little while. Excited to try something a little different :)
If you happen to know of any YouTube head shavers let me know - I’m watching as many videos as I can at the moment to sponge up as much information as possible. So far I’ve seen videos from Another Cut Above, Shave & Butcher, Shave with Thomas, & DSK The Shaving Guy.

C

Pre-shave:- Cool Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Yaqi Sagrada Familia Pure Badger 22/50mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Stirling Soap Co ~ Saguaro Blossom
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Slim Adjustable N2 1968 / GSB #8
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerine (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme

PXL-20231011-222056322-PORTRAIT.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot flannel, Pears soap
Brush: Troycraft "Opalesque" AP G5C
Soap: MdC Original
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Proshave S
Post-shave: Shower, TND witch hazel, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+ Invisible Fluid, Czech & Speake Oxford & Cambridge cologne
COTD: Mocha Ismaili selection, Yemen

The Morning Shave.

I am learning the fine art of Straight Razor shaving. Managed both sides and used both hands, not a single cut or nick. Then finished with the Gillette DE.

SOTD
  • Razor Bengal Cadman / King C Gillette
  • Blade Astra Green Platinum
  • Pre-Shave Pears soap
  • Cream Palmolive
  • Post Shave Thayers Facial Toner
  • Aftershave Gillette Splash
  • Balm Nivea – Sensitive Balm

Bengal-02.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.