Shave of the Day Thread - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
jfqMelL.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glicerlanolina Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Shavemac 3-band Silvertip Badger
Cream: Castle Forbes 1445
Razor: Wolfman WR-1
Blade: Vintage NOS Schick Plus Platinum (3)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Lider Classic Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Floris Elite EdT

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Noble Otter Two Kings shaving soap
Razor: Blutt WR-1 razor (0.86 mm)
Blade: Polsiver 'Brown' (1)
Post-shave: Noble Otter Two Kings splash
Fragrance: N/A

Testing

Lvy3j7Nl.jpg

Pre-shave:- Cool Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Whipped Dog High Mountain Badger in Tall Resin Amber 24/55mm knot
Soap/Cream:- D.R. Harris ~ Lavender
Razor/Blade:- Fine Marvel / Wizamet Super Iridium #1
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Moisturising Cream:- Aveeno Active Naturals Daily Fragrance-Free (for autumn & winter season)
Fragrance:- Lagerfeld Classic

jfqMelL.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glicerlanolina Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Shavemac 3-band Silvertip Badger
Cream: Castle Forbes 1445
Razor: Wolfman WR-1
Blade: Vintage NOS Schick Plus Platinum (3)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Lider Classic Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Floris Elite EdT
... and that shave is no slouch too. :) Gotta love Castle Forbes, it's great stuff. I put my CF Lavender away for the winter, but lately I've been thinking about getting it out again.

Razor: Fatboy (5)
Blade: Nacet (3)
Brush: maggards synth (a little broken by child)
Soap: noble otter two kings
Scent: Dior sauvage EDP

Two kings is another winner in my books, again it smells super familiar but I can’t place the scent.
The two kings idea takes my mind to biblical story around the building of Solomon’s temple but that’s just me.

Dior sauvage (not to be confused with the classic Eau Sauvage) Is actually a great EDP and while it has got some flack due to the comparison with its older sibling, it is a wonderful performer with a youthful edge to my nose.

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson The Duke shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fenchurch shaving soap
Razor: Blutt WR-1 razor (0.86 mm)
Blade: Polsiver 'Brown' (2)
Post-shave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fenchurch splash
Fragrance: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fenchurch EDP

Still testing

pZeDUpyl.jpg

Razor: Fatboy (5)
Blade: Nacet (3)
Brush: maggards synth (a little broken by child)
Soap: noble otter two kings
Scent: Dior sauvage EDP

Two kings is another winner in my books, again it smells super familiar but I can’t place the scent.
The two kings idea takes my mind to biblical story around the building of Solomon’s temple but that’s just me.

Dior sauvage (not to be confused with the classic Eau Sauvage) Is actually a great EDP and while it has got some flack due to the comparison with its older sibling, it is a wonderful performer with a youthful edge to my nose.
I'm glad I'm not alone in being a fan of Two Kings (though it was better before the unannounced reformulation that changed the colour from grey/green to reddish-brown). I can't place the scent either, but it does remind me of a Penhaligon bath soap I used to have. (Damn, when was the last time I've had a bath? :unsure: )

I've been telling myself that I'll get some of the old Eau Sauvage. It used to be my Dad's trademark scent, and I wasn't game to jump on it, but now he's been in his grave (or rather up in smoke) for nearly a year, it might be time...

Did they change the formula or just the color of the container?
The container remained the same, it was the soap itself. I made a picture of the difference a couple of years ago. The scent wasn't hugely different, just different. And yes, I have just ordered myself another tub while I can. I've been out of it for a while, but missing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.