Tabac Re-Formulated - Now Tallow Free

Well, don’t hold your breath. Sometimes a business will buy an another business and quietly let it disappear, kinda what Apple is doing with the Beats headphones brand.

Agree Valoubra is done and dusted. The soap formula most likely will be integrated into a premier line of shaving soap for Proraso.

Pity #Proraso fail to realise that this will not encourage seasoned users to buy their or recommend their products.
It only damages their brand in the long term.

Agree Valoubra is done and dusted. The soap formula most likely will be integrated into a premier line of shaving soap for Proraso.
Yep, Valobra is no longer even available as O&C. Czech & Speake said a little while back that they had ordered a crapload from Valobra before it shut down, and was maybe good for a few years. Looks like everyone's descended on it like a plague of locusts and they're now sold out. :cry: I have a few pucks that will keep me going for a few years (all safely vac-packed so they don't lose their scent), but once they're gone, I'll have to find something else to do with the turned aluminium tub. :cry:

If anyone's interested, looks like C&S are selling off their remaining Al containers (which include the soap) for a mere £69 (formerly £115), so I guess they've given up. Also still available at Men's Biz for $249. Ouch. :eek:

Yep, Valobra is no longer even available as O&C. Czech & Speake said a little while back that they had ordered a crapload from Valobra before it shut down, and was maybe good for a few years. Looks like everyone's descended on it like a plague of locusts and they're now sold out. :cry: I have a few pucks that will keep me going for a few years (all safely vac-packed so they don't lose their scent), but once they're gone, I'll have to find something else to do with the turned aluminium tub. :cry:

If anyone's interested, looks like C&S are selling off their remaining Al containers (which include the soap) for a mere £69 (formerly £115), so I guess they've given up. Also still available at Men's Biz for $249. Ouch. :eek:
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

As just posted on another traditional wet shaving site:

Received my two orders today. The Amazon puck is the new formulation, and the half price bowl from West Coast Shaving is the original formula.

The new formula is much lighter in colour than the original. Scent strength right off the puck is stronger on the new, but it lacks the Aunt Elsie's purse scent. The new scent is not as complex, lighter, with a tinge of something medicinal.

The lather was very light, dry, and airy. I slowly added a good amount of water to hydrate, but it never reached the creaminess of real Tabac.

Scent level decreased dramatically when lathered. For me, the joy of Tabac is the scent. I sincerely hoped the new formulation would match, but it does not come close.

As to performance, the new falls short as well. I have always found original Tabac feels dry by the end of a pass. The new accelerates the drying effect.

Beard and Blade has restocked the Tabac refill tallow puck today, better hurry up before all the tallow version will be GONE FOREVER!!!!!

Good advice Darklord of the soaps, back to your enabling best :D(y)

Picked up 2 x white pot versions 15% discount
Picked up 4 x 125gr refills 15% discount

Then add another 10% on top for the loyal P&C member discount.

The leftover Tabac sticks from the local pharmacy were $8.99 each for the refills and the original sticks. All up decent value.

Beard and Blade has restocked the Tabac refill tallow puck today, better hurry up before all the tallow version will be GONE FOREVER!!!!!

I love the way the listing says " Still the original Tallow-based formula (as of Aug 2021) "

Hope you don't come to hate it before it's finished...

not a chance mate… I agree I went a bit nuts but that was for good reason

I really liked tabac from when I first used it when I started DE shaving around 2-3 years ago but got lost in a sea of artisan soaps

started using it again recently and the lather I got after I had actually learnt to lather correctly for me is some of the best I’ve had..

now the dust has cleared, I don’t plan to go nuts with it daily, but have a ‘lifetime’ supply with rotation

the fact the missus loves it (no she isn’t a granny 😁) is a bonus 👍

not a chance mate… I agree I went a bit nuts but that was for good reason
It's always a good reason. :p My Czech&Speake O&C dish originally came with two spare pucks from a very special friend, but it seems I got totally shitfaced last December and ordered another five. Oops, but best drunk purchase I ever made, given that I had no idea at that point about Valobra's demise. If it hadn't been for that, my sabbatical would have been blown sky-high.