Tabac Re-Formulated - Now Tallow Free

That’s why tallow is GONE!!! nothing without tallow will not make the lather thick, rich and bloody slick anymore without some fat.

Edit:- Sent your review to Tabac, because. some asshole doesn’t understand wet shaving using the crappy new formula.

hey speedy, that wasnt my review.. someone else's

Just saw the post with the 35 pucks of Tabac in a freezer and these was purchased pre reformulation. Now that’s keen, enough for at least 2 lifetimes. He also has other soaps as well. I guess it’s a matter of when you know what you like.

That’s why tallow is GONE!!! nothing without tallow will not make the lather thick, rich and bloody slick anymore without some fat.

Edit:- Sent your review to Tabac, because. some asshole doesn’t understand wet shaving using the crappy new formula.

Corporate don't give a damn about wet shavers, it's all about the $$$$, and how much can be saved due to declining sales, while maintaining the apeal to the woke crowd.

Welcome to a woke woke woke world.

Corporate don't give a damn about wet shavers, it's all about the $$$$, and how much can be saved due to declining sales, while maintaining the appeal to the woke crowd.

Welcome to a woke woke woke world.

"Go woke, go broke."
We'll all remember this moment when we read about them closing their doors because those they tried to appease most are not even their customer base.

Meanwhile the silent majority are muted.:muted:

all this reminds me of panic buying over toilet paper. Lest we forget the EXCELLENT, TALLOW BASED, Blue Devil Soaps. Stock up on these instead and help out a local artisan.

Absolutely! When I was in a better place and position to buy more I was interested in rounding up a few local products. I know there is a fair few out there now and I would really like to keep them fresh in my mind so if we can get an update on all our local artisans that are currently still churning out some great products that would be great.

Yeah Blue Devil soaps is something I'd like to get into also.

The ones that come to mind right now is:
Whispers from the wood
Squadron soaps
Salt Lake soaps
Australian Private Reserve
Washpool

I feel like I am forgetting a few here.

But to stay on topic I believe Beard & Blade is sold out of the refill pucks but they are expecting more on the 31st of July so I imagine that their distributor still had plenty of old stock in but that is an assumption and I haven't verified that.

glad I got my pucks.. this from another forum

So, I tested Tabac's new formula twice now... and each time I was left very disappointed with the performance.
The quality of the lather appears to be quite poor, in comparison to the previous formulation; it never had that rich, oily consistency that feels protective and slick on your face. This new one didn't feel slick or protective at all. I even made sure to spend extra time building and hydrating the lather on the second attempt, but it just never felt slick and protective. I felt like I was shaving with a poor quality bath soap, rather than a shaving soap. I didn't even finish the first pass before aborting the mission and changing soaps. Even when I hold the wet puck of Tabac in my hands, it still doesn't feel very slick.”
They must have copied Trumpers soap formula. 🤣

Many years ago I had the foresight to stock up on I Coloniali, Valoubra, Tabac, Art of Shaving soaps (tallow versions), Czech & Speake, Klar Seifen (hand pucks), MDC and MWF (around 150 soaps). I have tried many artisan soaps (B&M, Nuavia, Boellis Panama, Cella, etc) but ended up giving them away. I guess that I triple milled soaps are more to my liking.

Many years ago I had the foresight to stock up on I Coloniali, Valoubra, Tabac, Art of Shaving soaps (tallow versions), Czech & Speake, Klar Seifen (hand pucks), MDC and MWF (around 150 soaps). I have tried many artisan soaps (B&M, Nuavia, Boellis Panama, Cella, etc) but ended up giving them away. I guess that I triple milled soaps are more to my liking.

I wish I had the foresight to stock up on some I Coloniali soap. I have emailed them a few times and tried to appeal to their senses but I don't think its coming back. I did manage to buy two but I rarely use it now because I don't want it run out. Aside from the performance I really do enjoy the scent a lot not to mention that sweet container.

"150 soaps" !!! Cheese and crackers!! That's impressive or am I reading that incorrectly? You have 150 of said soaps stashed away? Mate! That's brilliant!

Pannacreama kills me because I have all of them in the beautiful larger containers but missed out on nera because I just couldn't due to personal issues and things happening at the time but was so crushed to find out they are in smaller glass containers with less soap now but at the same price. So disappointing.

I'm gonna have to start stocking up on my favourite soaps one I get my bearings again.

It's one of the things that bothers me is the lack of consistency so I can feel happy about smashing out a soap without having to be so precious about it. Tabac was one of those soaps that I thought would not change and be a safe bet.

Last edited:
Just as well you stocked up, since Valobra is still showing no signs of being brought back to life. And, of course Art of Shaving and Czech & Speake have gone with it. For now, there still seems to be a fair amount of C&S O&C still around, but 88 is toast. I'm beginning to come around to your way of thinking re milled soaps: I've only recently rediscovered them, and that in itself has made this year's sabbatical worthwhile.

Just as well you stocked up, since Valobra is still showing no signs of being brought back to life. And, of course Art of Shaving and Czech & Speake have gone with it. For now, there still seems to be a fair amount of C&S O&C still around, but 88 is toast. I'm beginning to come around to your way of thinking re milled soaps: I've only recently rediscovered them, and that in itself has made this year's sabbatical worthwhile.

Tabac has got me thinking the same re triple milled soaps.. any other good ones out there?