Tabac Re-Formulated - Now Tallow Free

M&W ditched SIR a bit before I started my journey in traditional grooming.
Still upsetting to think that is completely gone in the form of cream stick and puck.
Would not surprise me to see Tabac head down the same path and they stick to liquids.

I read somewhere that it’s ‘softer’ than the refills? The poster noted he could indent it easier than the puck

anyway just upped my order, 11 refills on total and surely that’s it 😁

Take it easy cowboy on the refills, triple milled soaps will last a long time.:)

Now to add some variety.

That sabbatical really hit you hard.:D

Take it easy cowboy on the refills, triple milled soaps will last a long time.:)

Now to add some variety.

That sabbatical really hit you hard.:D
Got plenty of variety and really love tabac, actually like the scent more now I’ve smelt the cologne.. since they are soon to be unobtainiam decided to get a ‘lifetime’ supply 👍

I won’t be buying soaps for a long time… had around 30 tubs of other soaps prior to the tabac spending spree

I wish I had the foresight to stock up on some I Coloniali soap. I have emailed them a few times and tried to appeal to their senses but I don't think its coming back. I did manage to buy two but I rarely use it now because I don't want it run out. Aside from the performance I really do enjoy the scent a lot not to mention that sweet container.

"150 soaps" !!! Cheese and crackers!! That's impressive or am I reading that incorrectly? You have 150 of said soaps stashed away? Mate! That's brilliant!

Pannacreama kills me because I have all of them in the beautiful larger containers but missed out on nera because I just couldn't due to personal issues and things happening at the time but was so crushed to find out they are in smaller glass containers with less soap now but at the same price. So disappointing.

I'm gonna have to start stocking up on my favourite soaps one I get my bearings again.

It's one of the things that bothers me is the lack of consistency so I can feel happy about smashing out a soap without having to be so precious about it. Tabac was one of those soaps that I thought would not change and be a safe bet.
Pannacreama was the soap I gave away but kept the ceramic jars. My 150 soaps are first tier soaps (for me). Other soaps that I have but are not quite tier one (for me) are Dr Harris (tallow), Saponificio Varesino, Meissner Tremonia, Institute Karite, Provence Sante, L’Ocitane Cade, La Toja, eShave, Dr Dittmar and a few more.

Tabac has got me thinking the same re triple milled soaps.. any other good ones out there?
MDC, MWF, DR Harris, Klar Seifen, SV, Provence Sante, Institute Karit, Pre de Provence. Some of these are pricey (MDC, SV), some are reasonably priced, but they all are great and they last a long time. Stay away from Trumpers, Truefit and Hill; last time I tried them they had thin and dissipating lather.

MDC, MWF, DR Harris, Klar Seifen, SV, Provence Sante, Institute Karit, Pre de Provence. Some of these are pricey (MDC, SV), some are reasonably priced, but they all are great and they last a long time. Stay away from Trumpers, Truefit and Hill; last time I tried them they had thin and dissipating lather.

Cheers mate got 2 tubs of MdC and it’s an awesome soap.. reckon I got enough now for a while

@Rhinehoth that's good breakdown. Maybe a sticky of the best and worst triple milled soaps is warranted for reference. Would be good for members to add their experience.

@Rhinehoth that's good breakdown. Maybe a sticky of the best and worst triple milled soaps is warranted for reference. Would be good for members to add their experience.
I think Truefitt and Hill have revised their recipe once again. I had a puck several years back that was horrendous but a puck that I bought more recently produces a good quality lather for me.

I emailed Proraso regarding Valobra and they informed that they will be relaunching the brand very soon.

They are expecting to launch the bar soaps for the body in 2022 and perhaps sooner using the original Tallow formula however there are no plans to relaunch the Shaving Soap at least at this point but apparently they have had a number of people contact them very recently and they will be passing it that feedback up the chain. I don't know if it will actually help but at this point I would even just appreciate Proraso releasing a new soap based on Valobra as it seems a shame to see the recipe go to waste.

I emailed Proraso regarding Valobra and they informed that they will be relaunching the brand very soon.

They are expecting to launch the bar soaps for the body in 2022 and perhaps sooner using the original Tallow formula however there are no plans to relaunch the Shaving Soap at least at this point but apparently they have had a number of people contact them very recently and they will be passing it that feedback up the chain. I don't know if it will actually help but at this point I would even just appreciate Proraso releasing a new soap based on Valobra as it seems a shame to see the recipe go to waste.
Well, don’t hold your breath. Sometimes a business will buy an another business and quietly let it disappear, kinda what Apple is doing with the Beats headphones brand.

Well, don’t hold your breath. Sometimes a business will buy an another business and quietly let it disappear, kinda what Apple is doing with the Beats headphones brand.
Agreed! It's what I call the Norton effect. Buy out your competition thus sythetically raising the value of your own by eliminating your best competition. I feel like Proraso are a little better than that though. As far as Apple goes well yeah... not surprised really.