What do you have in the post right now?

Coming soon in the mail a Gillette Rocket HD500 Double Ring Superspeed made in England 1950, I won this on eBay in Australia for $45 AUD.

s-l1600.jpg
I was watching this one for a time nice

@SchoolForAnts can we get a donkey milk, bison and duck fat soap?
You know, just to take the next logical step in the elitism game :p

Got it. Australia has the largest wild camel population in the world and it’s increasing at 8% a year. Catch the barrrrrstards and there you go, milk it then kill it, camel milk and camel tallow. Job done.

Yoll74Kl.jpg

I said F it and just bought the Fing thing!
it’s a discontinued knife and I found someone willing to part with one BNIB, by many accounts it is the pinnacle of production knives, outperforming many mid tech/customs in terms of action, fit and finish.

I know of several people who have died due to a lack of Camel milk.
Do not get me started on the Donkey milk casualties.
When somebody brings out Mule or Liger milk,I will be interested.
Stuff that, I demand Unicorn and Dragon milk/tallow only!

Yoll74Kl.jpg

I said F it and just bought the Fing thing!
it’s a discontinued knife and I found someone willing to part with one BNIB, by many accounts it is the pinnacle of production knives, outperforming many mid tech/customs in terms of action, fit and finish.
Well this deal fell in a heap, broke my heart but... the cost was up there so I don’t feel too bad so I have a spyderco mantra 1 on the way.
M4 tool steel, titanium scales and the blade is on bearings.

KAB1FNR.jpg

Care to tell me what's so good about that knife that fell through?
Please educate me :)

Care to tell me what's so good about that knife that fell through?
Please educate me :)
Basically spydercos QC on that model is impeccable and it is still in my eyes the gold standard of what is possible on a production knife. The tolerances are in the same class as mid techs which are basically CNC parts finished by a custom maker.
It’s the details really, for example the spine of the blade is rounded, everything is well beveled, the blade finish is a mirror stonewash kinda thing, the scales are contoured titanium..it’s just a beautiful thing...but at the cost people want for them now you are getting into mid tech or custom territory so it’s a whole other thing.. but at their initial cost of $300usd they where something special.

Last edited:
Which model is this and what are they selling for these days?