What do you have in the post right now?

Well the 3.2 litre is double the power of the 2 litre and only a few dollars more ...

s-l500.jpg

Thanks for the inspiration @Snooze, a big step up from my little baby one (y)

Well the 3.2 litre is double the power of the 2 litre and only a few dollars more ...

Thanks for the inspiration @Snooze, a big step up from my little baby one (y)
Be interested in how it performs compared to your smaller one. I was looking at a ultrasonic cleaner last year and an Australian company told me if you bought a bigger machine it needed to be more powerful to give the same results over the larger volume? I assumed more power better clean so I was looking at machines probably larger than needed.
Have you had a problem cleaning razors in the UC? Do you need to be careful about cleaning time to avoid damage? I haven't tried one yet but thinking it might be a good idea at some stage.

Be interested in how it performs compared to your smaller one. I was looking at a ultrasonic cleaner last year and an Australian company told me if you bought a bigger machine it needed to be more powerful to give the same results over the larger volume? I assumed more power better clean so I was looking at machines probably larger than needed.
Have you had a problem cleaning razors in the UC? Do you need to be careful about cleaning time to avoid damage? I haven't tried one yet but thinking it might be a good idea at some stage.

I did think about that but figured the double power for less than double the size meant it was a better option than the 2 litre. I tend to grab a few razors and do them at once so the larger size will not be a problem.

They are not miracle workers but do make a difference, especially with a little detergent in there.

I would not use on razors with paint on them and would be cautious with gold plated ones too. It is really TTOs that they are good for.

I did think about that but figured the double power for less than double the size meant it was a better option than the 2 litre. I tend to grab a few razors and do them at once so the larger size will not be a problem.

They are not miracle workers but do make a difference, especially with a little detergent in there.

I would not use on razors with paint on them and would be cautious with gold plated ones too. It is really TTOs that they are good for.
Yeah, that was what I was thinking... for TTO’s, although the GEMs have got some hard to get at crevices in the head.
Do you just use dishwashing detergent?

Yeah, that was what I was thinking... for TTO’s, although the GEMs have got some hard to get at crevices in the head.
Do you just use dishwashing detergent?

Yep, at some point I might experiment a little - but that works well enough for me

I used to use a toothbrush after a good soak in detergent (to clean razors) , but I found the ultrasonic cleaner seems to reach places in the razor that I couldn't get to without taking the razor apart.

Yeah, but the one I have at the moment takes about 10 runs through to have any real impact!

Zoologist civet soap and EdP
Wholly Kaw leather soap and aftershave that I can’t remember the name of.
Some more ADP Ambra, Mirra.

Oh lovely, have read some great things about Zoologist's Civet and the ADP Ambra. Niceee (y)(y)
Interesting to read your thoughts on these considering you have scent experience and profile on this end of the market?

I've worked out the formula!

What do you have in the post right now?(thread) + @UKSteve (post) = envy and desire

Simple really, why didn't I work that out before?

Currently on the way are a cheap Chinese plastic shave mug,(testing if I like the style),basic stainless/wire razor and brush stand also from China,10 each Derby,Nacet,Polsilver,Wilkinson Classic and Feather blades.Also decided I want to try straight shaving as well as DE so I ordered a Parker 34R,shavette style with white handle.
Think I might have the bug.