What do you have in the post right now?

Coming soon in the mail from Canada the Christopher Bradley Razor with a 98mm (110g) long handle comes with four different base plate aggression from A to D

Is anyone able to link me to somewhere where I can see some comparisons of the various base caps as compared to Wolfman and Wolfman Guerrilla please. Sorry, I am being lazy here.....

Is anyone able to link me to somewhere where I can see some comparisons of the various base caps as compared to Wolfman and Wolfman Guerrilla please. Sorry, I am being lazy here.....
I have two Rockwell Razors 6S and 6C both are v2.0

Rockwell base plate aggression FYI below

JetQIF9.jpg

Christopher Bradley base plate aggression FYI below
  • AA - 0.47 mm
  • A - 0.60 mm
  • B - 0.73 mm
  • C - 0.85 mm
  • D - 0.98 mm
  • E - 1.10 mm
  • F - 1.23 mm

I have no information about the Wolfman base plate aggression

Here’s an example from ANG69 on DFS

“Very true - only you could be the ultimate judge of what works best for you.

As for me after two shaves only (first shave was a "combo" 3 pass shave when I switched among D, E, and F plates; second - 3 pass F-plate) I could safely say that my Karve-R (F) shaves on par (aggressiveness, efficiency, level of irritation) if not better than the Paradigm Ti first gen and Charcoalgoods L3. Efficiency wise - on par if not better than WR1 .67 and .74 SB, Weber PH. “

And Optometrist

“ I'm going to compare the D plate with my other favourite DE razors, namely Timeless 0.95 OC, Wolfman 0.74 OC and Blackbird SB. The Karve has the smoothness and blade feel(or lack of) of the Timeless, but doesn't quite match its efficiency. This is an extremely smooth shaver and I believe it would be ideal in daily use. The efficiency is more along the lines of the Wolfman, possibly even the 0.67 gap version. The Blackbird is more efficient, IMO.”

Hoping to have my b and c plates rock up next week, so will report in.

You either want B and C or C and D...I will wait for the SS version though :D

Still waiting on a brush + travel tub from PAA which was sent first week of April - latest tracking update shows it left Sweden of all places a few days ago :(
Ordered the Karve D plate + top cap minus the handle - hoping to pair it with a WCS brass handle and will order C plate + handle if I'm happy
Ordered APR's latest soaps/splashes - thanks @todras & @nsavage :)
Also got a strop & paste for my little brothers B'day as he wishes to use it to strop his sword - go figure...:cigar:

Coming soon in the mail from Canada the Christopher Bradley Razor with a 98mm (110g) long handle comes with four different base plate aggression from A to D

I haven't received dispatch notification for my order. Suspect Christopher Bradley is inundated.

In time. He’s flagged ss and Ti, however doubt he will do until demand settles with bronze.
Brass not bronze correct? My guess is definitely before the end of the year, probably after the northern hemisphere summer break...

Awesome. I'll be interested in your preference for plate. I'm thinking Plate E but I'll see how you go with your plates.
I was also thinking maybe plate E as most reviews state D shaves similar to the R4-5 plates but I'm concerned the added blade gap just creates extra blade feel without the smoothness of the shave. Either way there seems to be a hell of a lot of interest and expecting to see a few used in the SOTD thread :)