What do you have in the post right now?

How can a straight single edge last a lifetime, after so much honing? how often do you hone the edge before stropping?
Once a straight razor's bevel is set (initial honing), it should never need to be done again. Thereafter the edge only needs to be refreshed occasionally, say 2 to 6 times a year with daily shaving. Each refresh removes about 0.2μm of steel. To wear 5mm of steel off a straight razor would take about 25,000,000 refreshes. I refresh my edge after each and every SR shave.

That's a bit longer than a lifetime or many more.

Stropping should remove almost no steel. Those who strop with a pasted strop (I don't) will probably halve the life of there SR down to just a few lifetimes.

Received an update from DHL Import Team and unfortunately I won't be getting my package soon as for whatever reason Customs are still chasing up further information and I should expect a call back Friday?!
Lets just say I'm not too impressed as I would think Customs have better things to do than hold up a small package from Japan considering you can import 1,000s of blades from Morocco with no questions asked...? :banghead:
Apparently Customs don't inspect the package as only check the invoice and despite it being cleared by DHL multiple times somebody has blocked it as they await more information and when I asked who they need info from (me or seller) DHL couldn't elaborate!?

Again this is absolute BS from DHL. They cannot send the package without a completed customs declaration form!!!!! This form will have all the declared information necessary for clearance. If the item is being held up its because DHL did not do their job properly in the first place and process the clearance on the system before the item left !!! Low value, no gst required as the seller not required due to less than $75000 trade threshold, gift or mechandise doesnt matter as stated above.

As frustrating as it is, I believe you should have nothing further to do except wait.

Last edited:
Been after a Puma for a while. Found this at a good price so I grabbed it quick smart.

51653868439_f5dc85e20e_c.jpg

Again this is absolute BS from DHL. They cannot send the package without a completed customs declaration form!!!!! This form will have all the declared information necessary for clearance. If the item is being held up its because DHL did not do their job properly in the first place and process the clearance on the system before the item left !!! Low value, no gst required as the seller not required due to less than $75000 trade threshold, gift or mechandise doesnt matter as stated above.

As frustrating as it is, I believe you should have nothing further to do except wait.
I hear ya as tracking shows it updated Customs Clearance 10 times since leaving 30.10.21 Japan-Hong Kong-Singapore-Sydney and was briefly on hold in Hong Kong. Package arrived in Sydney late Tuesday and processed for clearance Wednesday morning with no updates until I saw a message this morning saying waiting on information from importer or expect DHL to contact you requesting further info?
One person tells me one thing and Imports Team blame Customs with no information other than call back Friday if nobody calls you first...? I checked the invoice from seller and its partially in Japanese but clearly states the item as Schick P-30 blades 30 x 10 with amounts in both Yen and AUD totaling under $200 AUD. If its cleared 10 times then why all of a sudden there's an issue as I declared the item as for personal use when asked by DHL this morning???
Surely you have any issues you open up the package, see somebody's crazy enough to order 10 boxes of AC blades as who does that in Australia and confirm it matches the paperwork. Next stop Canberra and Happy Shaves?

Yeah postage is very frustrating lately as no progress with both my Ausface & DHL packages that have left Sydney but no further scans...??? :(
Saying that I did recently post out packages to SA, NSW, VIC and all arrived within a few days with SA within 2 days which was really impressive... :unsure:

I ordered a Boker SR box from Germany. It was sent via DHL and left Germany on the 16th July, it landed somewhere in Australia 16th September and the tracking hasn't moved since. I can only hope, it's stuck in WA until the clown in charge there opens the place up.

I ordered a Boker SR box from Germany. It was sent via DHL and left Germany on the 16th July, it landed somewhere in Australia 16th September and the tracking hasn't moved since. I can only hope, it's stuck in WA until the clown in charge there opens the place up.
Mate my blades are still stick with DHL as ABF Customs have requested a photo of what's inside as nobody can open the package. I've sent multiple photos showing the item and await further instructions as to when they can release the package. I guess nobody at Customs is a wet shaver as they'd easily identify how harmless the package really is but my bet is somebody cocked up not declaring the item correctly as ordered many a wet shaving item including hundreds of DE blades and never had an issue. Here's hoping your package arrives soon. (y)

Mate my blades are still stick with DHL as ABF Customs have requested a photo of what's inside as nobody can open the package. I've sent multiple photos showing the item and await further instructions as to when they can release the package. I guess nobody at Customs is a wet shaver as they'd easily identify how harmless the package really is but my bet is somebody cocked up not declaring the item correctly as ordered many a wet shaving item including hundreds of DE blades and never had an issue. Here's hoping your package arrives soon. (y)

I collect WWII memorabilia, I've had less issues importing German daggers from both the US and Europe then what it sounds like you are going through.

Ok just received an update from DHL Customs Team that they will proceed with shipping my order so maybe worth taking an image of what you ordered incase anybody experiences a similar issue. ABF Customs do a stellar job keeping us all safe so no anger with them and happy the matter could be resolved in a sensible way.

I collect WWII memorabilia, I've had less issues importing German daggers from both the US and Europe then what it sounds like you are going through.
Yeah very strange and to DHL's credit they did engage with me by giving me email addresses to speed up the process but helps to push the matter as surely a few boxes of secured razor blades shouldn't warrant delays especially as 300 really is only a tiny amount considering the knack for wet shavers to order in multiples well into the 1,000s. :unsure:

Indeed - beautiful (y):)(y)
Thanks mate!
I'll admit I was envious seeing all the cool kids with their TROYCRAFT Brushes and I knew I had to jump on the band wagon :giggle:

It appears those who went on sabbaticals this year, have probably now spent more than some of us in 2 months than we have all year.
That was the whole idea to see what people were buying and save $$$ to grab what all the cool kids were buying... ;)

Unless your @Atmoz and you blow us all away with a freakin WR2 Titanium but delighted for him... and super jealous :LOL:

@Errol doesn't count because we all know his purchases are made in the name of wet shaving science...

Anyways more reason for another Sabbatical in 2022... Who's joining me...? :censored:

Thanks mate!
I'll admit I was envious seeing all the cool kids with their TROYCRAFT Brushes and I knew I had to jump on the band wagon :giggle:
Didn't just jump on the bandwagon mate, you stole the money train. They are two of the best handles Troy has produced, that weren't specific custom designs.

That was the whole idea to see what people were buying and save $$$ to grab what all the cool kids were buying... ;)

Unless your @Atmoz and you blow us all away with a freakin WR2 Titanium but delighted for him... and super jealous :LOL:

@Errol doesn't count because we all know his purchases are made in the name of wet shaving science...

Anyways more reason for another Sabbatical in 2022... Who's joining me...? :censored:
😆 Thankfully the den clearance helped pay for it.
I’m either going to go Sabbatical or chill out on purchases next year. I’ve got two amazing razors and brushes now, i don’t see myself making another big purchase for a quite a while.