What do you have in the post right now?

thanks mate.. due to be delivered today, was sent yesterday.. looks like were awakening from lockdown, at least within AU
I hear ya as mine have been dispatched this morning. Can't wait to get my hands on the boar and get to working it in... :nailbiting:

and a bit of a working it will need.. was gonna take mine for a ride tonight but might have to wait another day :p
yeah its a pain as currently doing my best to work in a badger/boar knot in the second Charity brush and Sampson of vshod mentioned it taking a month of solid lathering. should be worth it as boar's are great paint brushes and curious to see how the mix knot goes once its fully broken in. (y)

not too far off the mark there... resistance is useless and when you fall you fall hard :) but why you counting last two month? lots of us didnt spend a dime for around 6-10 months.. when all taken into account im sure nature has taken its course and rounded it all out
Try tell your wife that though, you’ve just been spending all year according to her😂

A replacement? Do they wear out that quickly? For that kind of money, you'd expect them to last a bit longer than that! ;)
That threaded bit is pretty small, I worry sometimes that I might drop the razor on the slate floor of the bathroom and break it off. That would be a tragedy, and occasionally it occurs to me that getting a backup might not be a totally stupid idea. I guess a more intelligent alternative would be to order another cap. :unsure:

That threaded bit is pretty small, I worry sometimes that I might drop the razor on the slate floor of the bathroom and break it off. That would be a tragedy, and occasionally it occurs to me that getting a backup might not be a totally stupid idea. I guess a more intelligent alternative would be to order another cap. :unsure:
Yeah I share those fears having seen photos of a bent base plate that was dropped and later replaced by Blackland. I'm keen to see how different the SS shaves and keenly await its return :)

And a spare plate, and while you’re at it, you might as well order a spare handle as well.

And a spare plate, and while you’re at it, you might as well order a spare handle as well.
Curious to see if anybody has tried the OC as interested in adding one but then again the SB shaves super efficient. :unsure:

Curious to see if anybody has tried the OC as interested in adding one but then again the SB shaves super efficient. :unsure:
It came out just a few days after I got my Vector, and I briefly considered getting one, but decided that since I shave daily, there wasn't much point. Especially since the SB works so well. The reviews I've read have all been favourable though.

It came out just a few days after I got my Vector, and I briefly considered getting one, but decided that since I shave daily, there wasn't much point. Especially since the SB works so well. The reviews I've read have all been favourable though.
Yeah the positive reviews had me thinking to give one a try but after today's first shave using a Kai I see no real need as the shave was super close with enough blade feel. Looking forward to the guru's review :giggle:

Yeah the positive reviews had me thinking to give one a try but after today's first shave using a Kai I see no real need as the shave was super close with enough blade feel. Looking forward to the guru's review :giggle:

Agree, the efficiency is already there, and to sacrifice noticeable smoothness and agility for a fraction of increased efficiency, is a big detractor for myself.

If I wanted or needed extra efficiency then I would use a Feather Pro or Pro Super blade. As the razor stands now in its current blade configuration using Kai Pink, and soon Proline, there is nothing to change.

Agree, the efficiency is already there, and to sacrifice noticeable smoothness and agility for a fraction of increased efficiency, is a big detractor for myself.

If I wanted or needed extra efficiency then I would use a Feather Pro or Pro Super blade. As the razor stands now in its current blade configuration using Kai Pink, and soon Proline, there is nothing to change.
The Feather Pro doesn't give me anything except an OK shave. Not bad, but not in the league of the Prolines or PINKs. I used up my last one a couple of weeks ago and I'm not planning on bothering with any more. The Super on the other hand was my go-to before I got any of the other blades. It gives plenty of blade feel without any concern that I might cut myself. It's been over a year since I last used them in the Vector though.

The Feather Pro doesn't give me anything except an OK shave. Not bad, but not in the league of the Prolines or PINKs. I used up my last one a couple of weeks ago and I'm not planning on bothering with any more. The Super on the other hand was my go-to before I got any of the other blades. It gives plenty of blade feel without any concern that I might cut myself. It's been over a year since I last used them in the Vector though.
Great to know as planning on stocking up on some other blades and worry what to expect with the Feathers as todays shave with the Kai was super close with some mild redness. Not sure I can handle anything sharper as the razor shaves super smooth.

If something is not broken, don't fix it!
Vector works for me with the Kai Pinks and today I will switch to the Proline to confirm what I already know. The unnecessary polishing I did by hand has excelled my expectations and there is nothing more to do except enjoy the shaves and hope I don't ever loose this razor.

If something is not broken, don't fix it!
Vector works for me with the Kai Pinks and today I will switch to the Proline to confirm what I already know. The unnecessary polishing I did by hand has excelled my expectations and there is nothing more to do except enjoy the shaves and hope I don't ever loose this razor.
Agree 100% as the Titanium shaves supreme and following your suggestions I gave it a light touch up with some PlastiX and it smoothed out the roughness and gave it a nice sheen. I'm sure I can do better with my other polish but see no real benefit as the current look goes well with my Alpha Titanium brush and its shiny but that also means you notice the scratches easier. I think I'll just stick to Prolines and the odd Kai Pink as plenty efficient/smooth for my needs and don't see the benefit of a sharper blade as the current setup just slices the hairs away... (y)

I only just found out that I have a Razzi Shavette on the way. Dave at The Wet Shaving Co has sent me one to try out, knowing that I'd be keen to try one. I have to admit, I actually had to Goggle it to find out how you use one :LOL:

7LtHLHrl.jpg

I only just found out that I have a Razzi Shavette on the way. Dave at The Wet Shaving Co has sent me one to try out, knowing that I'd be keen to try one. I have to admit, I actually had to Goggle it to find out how you use one :LOL:

7LtHLHrl.jpg
It looks like a safety razor to me, just with the handle pointing a different way. Looks nice though, I'll be interested to hear how you get along with it. I think it's @Rabid Badger who has a Razorine, which is a similar idea but not as shiny.