What do you have in the post right now?

Exactly what I was thinking.. it's more often poo than vomit. Gross but smells good.
I love to refer to honey as Bee Vomit, mostly because of the way my kids react when I do.

I'm just glad that at the end of the day I will be smearing either whale faeces or whale vomit on my face, after paying a large sum of money for the vomit or faeces and beyond this also offering friends on this forum, the very same opportunity to join me in doing so!

It's win win as I see it!

I'm just glad that at the end of the day I will be smearing either whale faeces or whale vomit on my face, after paying a large sum of money for the vomit or faeces and beyond this also offering friends on this forum, the very same opportunity to join me in doing so!

It is truly fortunate that the mature ambergris smells nothing like either vomit or poo from any animal or human! Apparently it is from the bile secretions (like whale gallstones!) of the whale and does smell a bit stinky when fresh! Hopefully your specimen is very mature @todras

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)(y)
P8ik6oN.jpg

Screw the ambergris. I'm waiting on the Civet Coffee (kopi luwak) fragrance from B&M.

After much fluffing about and looking into legalities, I have some Stirling splashes flying to my sisters hotel in San Francisco. Only bummer is she is another two weeks in the US, then I won't get down to her place in Bris until Christmas. Still, it was cheaper that way! :)

A $375, 100ml replacement bottle of French jasminium grandiflorium thanks to Australia post willfully neglecting and smashing a triple bubble wrapped bottle marked and paid for as extremely fragile. :mad:

Luckily the supplier agreed to refund it after seeing the damage and I have 40mls in stock, still it's highly frustrating to see the waste of oils such as this.

A $375, 100ml replacement bottle of French jasminium grandiflorium thanks to Australia post willfully neglecting and smashing a triple bubble wrapped bottle marked and paid for as extremely fragile. :mad:

Luckily the supplier agreed to refund it after seeing the damage and I have 40mls in stock, still it's highly frustrating to see the waste of oils such as this.

I take it AusPost took no responsibility for the damage? Curious to know if it was insured and if you had any luck with claiming. I've heard claiming is a PITA and rarely pays out what you expect.

I think it's a mistake to mark something fragile. Seems like a postal worker who's having a bad day just looks for stuff like that to heave against a wall or something similar. Almost a challenge to see how well is wrapped.

Actually, your post brought to mind this Samsonite commercial from the seventies. I still chuckle at it...

I take it AusPost took no responsibility for the damage? Curious to know if it was insured and if you had any luck with claiming. I've heard claiming is a PITA and rarely pays out what you expect.

Well I am the receiver of the goods, I suspect the supplier who initiated the send will take it up with Aus Post. I am just glad he is a decent, honorable merchant - it's the waste of such a precious and scarce oil that gets me more than anything.

Still, the office smells nice :D