What do you have in the post right now?

What do you think @todras ? Will many be keen to play that game or am I seriously bananas thinking people will?

It's not a bad idea in a round about kind of way, I am thinking we refine it a bit and propose a mechanism whereby a surety is held in escrow equal to the cost of the chattel, this surety can be claimed against if things go round the bend in relation to the piece i.e. someone slips and damages what no doubt is a fairly expensive razor. Think of it as more of evolution of the concept that naturally self limits and selects participation by virtue of the surety being forfeit in the case of damage or loss to the Darwin.

:LOL::ROFLMAO:(y):p:D(y)

Eh, if it was a straight, maybe.
emoji12.png

Even I'm not that "insensitive" - only 'cos I was too slowwwwwwww

:) Well scored @Mark1966

It was only meant with the best of intentions, far be it from me to belittle someone else's buys.
Just that it didn't really do it for me. If it was a tamahagane iwasaki, I would probably paid up the $ just to shave with it once.

@Mark1966 @bald as

@Mark1966 I will need to Google a Darwin straight as they would be a very special blade.

Eh, if it was a DE, maybe.
emoji12.png

(No, they would be an interesting straight - I've read about them in one of the shaving forums I think.

Congratulations indeed @Mark1966 on a beautiful razor. I hope it ends up shaving as well as it looks. [emoji106]

I''ll swap you 200 Polsilvers for it!

Not long after it arrives Eggy. The only condition is that participants will need to lodge a bond with me equivalent to the purchase price. That should reduce the field - I'm not sure that too many are that bananas!

What do you think @todras ? Will many be keen to play that game or am I seriously bananas thinking people will?

The Darwins are 'cobalt steel' I believe which is why they are so shiny - although @TomG may have more info on that!

Anyway - happy camper here. It has been long sought. I nearly didn't pull the pin - but am glad I did. Have been going bananas looking for one over the years ...
Congratulations mate, I look forward to the inevitable review.
As for lodging a bond, I suspect it would be far cheaper to lodge with you over the weekend to experience it..
Actually, there's a potential income stream for you, B&B, with the opportunity to shave from a selection of the worlds finest examples of razors :)
Write off 1/2 their value straight up and further depreciation due to wear and tear.
Refurbishment is subsidised as is replating :)
Starting to contemplate why you've not already done this, what with you being an astute intellectual.

As for what I've in the post... too much!

Last edited:
I'm upgrading my after shave bottle line up with vintage glass bottles. Currently in the mail.

1) Vintage Pinaud Special Reserve 8 oz.. same bottle design as used with Clubman but with different label. Cap looks to be metal? I will refill with Clubman.
2) NOS Vintage Aqua Velva 4 oz..
3) Early 1900's (empty) glass barber shop bottle with metal cap mfg in Kansas City. I will refill this gem with with my Sharp Dressed man.

*Just received NOS 3.5 oz Skin Bracer. Stuff still smells usable.

Damn I am in hook line and sinker now !! What have you guys done to me !!!!!
  • 1 x Reef Point Soaps - Fougére Santal
  • 1 x Reef Point Soaps - Command Presence
  • 1 x Reef Point Soaps After Shave - Command Presence
  • 1 x Reef Point Soaps After Shave - Fougère Santal
  • 1 x Rockwell 6S Adjustable Stainless Steel Safety Razor
  • 1 x Black Ship Grooming Co. Shaving Soap - Aladdin's Spice
  • 1 x Black Ship Grooming Co. Shaving Soap - Black Beard
  • 1 x Black Ship Grooming Co. After Shave Splash - Aladdin's Spice
  • 1 x Black Ship Grooming Co. After Shave Splash - Black Beard
  • 1 x Rockwell Stainless Steel Safety Razor Stand
  • 1 x The Stray Whisker Lather Bowl
  • 1 x Vintage D1 TV Special Gillette Flare Tip

Damn I am in hook line and sinker now !! What have you guys done to me !!!!!
  • 1 x Reef Point Soaps - Fougére Santal
  • 1 x Reef Point Soaps - Command Presence
  • 1 x Reef Point Soaps After Shave - Command Presence
  • 1 x Reef Point Soaps After Shave - Fougère Santal
  • 1 x Rockwell 6S Adjustable Stainless Steel Safety Razor
  • 1 x Black Ship Grooming Co. Shaving Soap - Aladdin's Spice
  • 1 x Black Ship Grooming Co. Shaving Soap - Black Beard
  • 1 x Black Ship Grooming Co. After Shave Splash - Aladdin's Spice
  • 1 x Black Ship Grooming Co. After Shave Splash - Black Beard
  • 1 x Rockwell Stainless Steel Safety Razor Stand
  • 1 x The Stray Whisker Lather Bowl
  • 1 x Vintage D1 TV Special Gillette Flare Tip